Nim and Nymiera

Mayflower896

Nim, although being present since very early portions of the game, is a character we know little about. The following list is what we know about her so far:

• She is Alexandra’s metaphorical sister and they traveled together prior to the story’s beginning 
  • She is said to be demonic and capable of bringing humanity’s end
  • She is unable to be killed by normal means
  • She is somehow connected to the Garufa
  • She was brainwashed by Crescent and became Lorna
  • She is being pursued by Damien, who calls her ‘it’.
  • She has great psychic power

This is all we know as of Version 10, but after finally playing WLL, I noticed something that may shed more light on her origins. During the Amethyst Dungeon segment, you encounter projections of three of the protectors of Aevium : Anju, Vivian and their leader Nymiera ( Hazuki is the only one not present.)

626A4FC9-947C-47B2-AAAB-67226886AFC3.png

Nymiera’s sprite, shown here, looks remarkably similar to both Nim’s and Alexandra’s. Furthermore, the former’s name could easily be a nickname for Nymiera. This is similar to how Anju and Angie sound similar, due to them being the same person. Furthermore, the name Lorna can mean ‘crowned’ and Nymiera wears a crown. However, there is a hole in this theory: Nymiera is an adult woman, while Nim seems young. It is here that the theory becomes more farfetched. Since Damien mentioned multiple times that Nim is an object, I believe she is a sort of recreation of Nymiera, but a flawed one, hence why she has no soul; only Nymiera’s power. If this is indeed true, perhaps Alexandra searches for the Phase Dial in order to find a way to merge Nim’s body with a soul. But here is where I ran out of ideas, because we know very little at this point...

Edited by Mayflower896
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Mayflower896 said:

Nim, although being present since very early portions of the game, is a character we know little about. The following list is what we know about her so far:

• She is Alexandra’s metaphorical sister and they traveled together prior to the story’s beginning 
  • She is said to be demonic and capable of bringing humanity’s end
  • She is unable to be killed by normal means
  • She is somehow connected to the Garufa
  • She was brainwashed by Crescent and became Lorna
  • She is being pursued by Damien, who calls her ‘it’.
  • She has great psychic power

This is all we know as of Version 10, but after finally playing WLL, I noticed something that may shed more light on her origins. During the Amethyst Dungeon segment, you encounter projections of three of the protectors of Aevium : Anju, Vivian and their leader Nymiera ( Hazuki is the only one not present.)

626A4FC9-947C-47B2-AAAB-67226886AFC3.png

Nymiera’s sprite, shown here, looks remarkably similar to both Nim’s and Alexandra’s. Furthermore, the former’s name could easily be a nickname for Nymiera. This is similar to how Anju and Angie sound similar, due to them being the same person. Furthermore, the name Lorna can mean ‘crowned’ and Nymiera wears a crown. However, there is a hole in this theory: Nymiera is an adult woman, while Nim seems young. It is here that the theory becomes more farfetched. Since Damien mentioned multiple times that Nim is an object, I believe she is a sort of recreation of Nymiera, but a flawed one, hence why she has no soul; only Nymiera’s power. If this is indeed true, perhaps Alexandra searches for the Phase Dial in order to find a way to merge Nim’s body with a soul. But here is where I ran out of ideas, because we know very little at this point...

What if they're incarnations of Nymiera. Nim and Nymiera (Nym) there must be connected maybe related. 

Alexandra maybe connected to Nymiera and Nim not by blood but reincarnated. 

1 hour ago, Cerulean Azure Brawler said:

What if they're incarnations of Nymiera. Nim and Nymiera (Nym) there must be connected maybe related. 

Alexandra maybe connected to Nymiera and Nim not by blood but reincarnated. 

They could be. It would make sense since Vivian also reincarnated, but probably not in the same way. I do think it involves some kind of Garufan magic, so maybe the tribe Damien, Nim, Alexandra and presumably Nymiera are from are descendants  of the original Garufa.

Edited by Mayflower896
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mayflower896 said:

They could be. It would make sense since Vivian also reincarnated, but probably not in the same way. I do think it involves some kind of Garufan magic, so maybe the tribe Damien, Nim, Alexandra and presumably Nymiera are from are descendants  of the original Garufa.

That true