Is it me or are Grass-type pokémons arent love in Reborn?

Krellian

Hello guys, Krellian here! So the thing is: Ive been playing pokémon for a while (right now im in Route 3) and i have the feeling that grass-type pokémons have a hard time against some gym leaders/rivals....

Im just asking out of curiosity.

What does the community say?

Guest Relinquished

Not even close? I have always loved Cacturne, in previous episodes... Used to give Shade a really hard time, as well as some of Radomus' pals. Dangerous Cacnea, that one, for sure. Really useful against many generic trainers too, despite its many weaknesses (to common types, nonetheless).

Now, it is pushed back way later into the game, with a 50% chance to be acquired, even (grrr)! But to make up for it, i raised an Exeggutor in its stead! Same deal, it is the real deal, especially during sunlight! I love my plants, thank you very much! And it even saved my hide, during the old gauntlet battles (Solaris raid in Amaria/Titania household)! Somehow, i felt like having an easier time now, with Exeggutor and Houndoom, instead of my good old Delphox and Cacturne, for a reason...

People also recommend Leavanny, they say it can work well; even though, i have never tested it myself, to comment. And Tsareena is said to be tricky and dangerous, as a physical attacker, i gather? And don't forget, the gen 3 starter, which Mega evolves into a Grass/Dragon, or that Alolan Exeggutor, which can be a nice Trick Room pony!

There is no such thing as an underestimated type! With new additions and renovations on the go, every type gets new toys to set them up and play rough with others! Anything can work, with proper combinations!

I just feel the same, especially during the early-game which is very tough for Grass mons.

There a few fields in this game that Grass types can take advantage of. But it makes sense since the Reborn region is highly polluted.

But are they weak for this reason? Of course not. This is still a type with the best utility moves and good double-types. It's always a great addition to any team.

4 hours ago, GS BALL said:

There is no such thing as an underestimated type! With new additions and renovations on the go, every type gets new toys to set them up and play rough with others! Anything can work, with proper combinations!

Tell that to the not insignificant parts of the community that hate Ice-type Pokemon that are not named Mamoswine or Weavile with an almost fervent passion. Hasn't diminished my love for the type, in fact it made me feel like one of the few beacons of loyalty to it, but still.

As for the Grass-type, the main issue is that it has a lot of bad early matchups. As soon as you get past Aya and Serra, Grass really starts to come into it's own. You get plenty of options for the type as well as solid Mons overall. You just have to get past early-game hell.

I see that opinions are quite divergent between them, and i've loved it!
Well, let me give this scenario: So far my team is: Venusaur, Swampert, Delphox, Braviary, Heracross and Magnezone. Lets imagine which type could replace Venusaur? The only two conditions are: It has to be a special attacker and may not repeat types.

I have a quite large pletora of pokemons in my PC (lets say every single event pokemon up to route 3, but them).

Can you guys give me a clearance?