Zorua and Pangoro

Mayflower896

As most players of Rejuvenation are well aware by now, the game has a plethora  of unsolved mysteries and secrets. While most of them relate to characters’ identities, actions and motivations, there is one which doesn’t: the meaning of the Tale of The Lonely Zorua. 

The tale itself is the first thing you hear when playing the game, being told as a bedtime story to Maria, who even has plushies of the protagonists. After that, we don’t hear about the tale until Blacksteeple, when ‘Emma’ finds it in the library and quickly dismisses it as a silly story. In the Garufa Ruins, during the statue puzzle, two of them depict the two Pokemon and one the Golden Apple. This motif is even present in WLL, in which Taelia has plushies of the two. However, the story itself is rarely mentioned.

All of this aside, the prominence this story is given is strange. It seems like a normal, albeit somewhat sad story. It could be some kind of metaphor or foreshadowing, but that wouldn’t explain why the Garufa, an ancient civilisation filled with forbidden knowledge, would have a connection with such a simple story, especially one with absurd elements ( why is Zorua evenly matched with Pangoro?).

But I digress. Does anyone have any idea  about what makes this story so important?

• Global Mods

I think that the story has some kind of relation to the garufa

In the ruins underneath sheridan there is a puzzle with statues 3 of the statues are of a pangoro, zorua and an apple

And that's where you find zorua

So yeah i think it's related to the tribe that hated pokemons

• 4 months later...

The story reads like a fable, so I agree it's something from the garufa that may explain their disdain for pokemon.  Maybe zorua and pangoro are stand-ins for some greater, cosmic actors or forces that are coming into conflict?  Like, puppetteers of the puppetteers (Crescent, team Xen, etc.).