Persona 4: Main Character name for Wolfy

Wolfox

What to name my P4 Main Character?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What to name him?

• Wolfox Glace
    • Yu Narukami

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/18 at 06:00 AM

so, I'm gonna start p4 tomorrow (Exite). but... idk whether to use my usual name (Wolfox Glace) or perhaps the cannon name (Yu Narukami). let me know what you think!

as for the short time... I am starting it tomorrow so...

• Like 1

Have fun with Persona 4! I consider it one of the best RPGs to come out of this generation. A couple tips for what I feel is full enjoyment of the game. For starters, don't follow any Max social links guides, (A system similar in concept to FE supports). At least to a T. The game is incredibly immersive, and spending time with character based on how you want.

Looking up basic dialogue guides or how to proceed with certain ranks (some require certain attribute checks shown by a chart in the status menu of the M.C.) is fine, as the game isn't very helpful in presenting this concept, and you'll soon learn that time is of essence in Persona.

Also, know what version you are playing, if you are playing on the PS2, know that there are certain things that aren't in the game compared to the Vita remaster. Specifically, certain QoL changes in the engine, some new mechanics, certain characters, and a post-game of sorts are not present in the PS2 version. Don't worry too much if you do not own a Vita, as both experiences are very good, you're just playing the older version. If you're playing the Vita version, some guides may be out of date. 

MP conservation is important when Dungeon Crawling. Specifically, the M.C. tends to drain through MP because they can use multiple Personas. The game uses a sort of rock-paper-scissors system in terms of weaknesses that allows to get an extra action and increase team momentum when. Try to have a physical based Persona on your Hero. They use skills off of HP, which seems bad at first, but HP is far easier to manage when crawling/grinding than MP, and the skills are often quite good.

Don't get too caught up about fusing your favorite Personas, the game is designed around Persona's getting incrementally more powerful as you fuse and lvl up more. Also try to save before large fusion sessions, especially in the PS2 version, as there is always a variable of chance in fusions. 

There's no harm in looking up fusion guides and enemy weaknesses. They often don't make too much sense at face value, and really just comes down to guesswork without prior knowledge. Also, just look up the class answers, I don't understand how you're supposed to know some of the answers. They often are tangential(what in the blue blazes are marriage numbers!) or have their basis in Japanese literature and culture, which you most likely will not know. I sure hope that Persona isn't indicative of the Japanese curriculum. At least you'll have a lot of useless, yet mildly interesting trivia under your repertoire.

Again, as it's probably the most important, play how you want to play, It's a single-player game anyway, and the experience is probably the best part of the game.

ty for the tips! I would have gotten the Vita version had I had a Vita (like the siwtch, the Vita is on my console hit list). and depending on how it goes I might just end up becoming one of my fvorite games (as you may notice, I already quite like Yu as a character design wise)