Lets talk Foxes.

ShadeStrider

Outside of My Mains: Cloud, Snake, and Mewtwo, and My Secondaries: Falco, Roy, and Greninja, there are 4 characters that I hugely respect almost as much. Those characters are:

Ike

Meta Knight

Pichu

Fox.

I've already talked about Meta Knight and Pichu. Now lets talk about Melee's king.

This game is the final nail in the coffin for the Shine. Brawl took it's jump cancelability away, Smash 4 took its ability to semi-spike away, and now Ultimate took it's ability to stall in the air away. Now, apart from its hitbox, Shine is just a reflector. No Invincibility Frames, no Combos, no nothing. I bet Fox misses Melee just as much as Meta Knight misses Brawl.

They also nerfed his Side B. Now its a less effective recovery tool.

But... I think it's fundamentally Impossible to make Fox bad. His high dash speed is always gonna be a part of him. And now he's got a decent combo starter in D-Air.

His Blasters were always good. In Melee, they were considered almost as Overpowered as the Shine, and in Brawl, they were nerfed, but they were part of the reason that Fox was Viable, as they gave him the means to damage Meta Knight from a distance with transcendent priority. Here, they retain most of their utility, and I'd say that they're more useful than Falco's lasers.

I prefer Falco overall, but I'll be playing a lot of Fox.

He's not gonna be bad, no matter what anyone says.

3 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

I’m not going to be able to play it. My Nintendo switch is at home, while I’m stuck at a college dormitory until the 13th.

So, I’ll make a post about Ike.