My Phone Battery Exploded...

So I broke the screen on my Huawei Mate SE, and being that I repair PC's and Laptops for family and friends, and that I've repaired phones in the past from about 3 generations prior, I figured that I could handle a simple screen replacement. I was wrong. The online tutorials were very poor, out of focus, and largely lacking directions. I was doing pretty good, however, until I had to remove the battery (You have to remove the entire phone assembly to reach the screen and frame). The battery was taped in, so as I was cutting the tape, I slipped and punctured the battery. It started shooting out sparks and erupting internally. Thankfully, I stayed calm and made sure it didn't catch anything on fire. I took it outside and placed it on my front porch to cool off in the freezing air. Once it cooled down, I took some photos of the damage and bagged it up to dispose of at a later date. So I guess I learned that most modern phones aren't really meant to be repaired. Looks like I'm buying a new phone (Same model, pretty cheap), but I did salvage the motherboard so I should be able to slot it in and still have my data. Photo below.

47577421_352995222167632_6533502382364426240_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, leo_the_greatest said:

So I guess I learned that most modern phones aren't really meant to be repaired. Looks like I'm buying a new phone

Capitalism revealed!!!! x)

Julia would be proud.
Have you not given your significant other the attention they want?
Now you even know where to look.

Seriously though, glad you weren't injured, apparently!

1 question though:

have you tried turning it off and on again afterwards?

Why was the battery taped in .-. das really inconvenient if you have a phone like me when you have to turn your phone off by removing the battery cause it just flat out stops responding they need to fix batteries to last longer than a day and phones to last longer than two years, my first phone still works after over 10 years and my second phone would too if it didn't break in two :x

• Upvote 1