Pichu might be a mid to high Tier. Even ZeRo thinks so.

ShadeStrider

I mean, I get it. A lot of people think Pikachu will be Top tier, especially ESAM. I think he got sexually excited when ZeRo announced that he thought Pikachu would be top tier.

If Pichu turns out to be really good, some people won't use him because the charm of having a Joke character is lost. 

I'm just using him over Pikachu because he looks adorable. 

If I want to win, than Pichu being mid to high Tier will be a bonus.

Kinda wish he was in Smash 4. Rage would have been especially useful there. In Smash Ultimate, it's toned down. Thankfully, they gave him many Invincibility frames all over the place to make up for it.

Do you think Pichu will be any good in this game?

Not a Pichu main, not a Meta Knight main either, despite talking about them a lot. But I still will be using them a lot. I’ll always pick Pichu over Pikachu for sure.

Using Pichu because he's cute? He also has other stuff that Pika does not. In my case, I'm going to use Pichu over Pikachu for the Nair, the speed, the Size and other things. I've used much him in SSF2 beta where he is a quite good character and he will play not so different in ultimate. He will be mid-high imo  

On 12/3/2018 at 2:01 PM, ProjectIceman said:

Nice to know that Pichu is getting more love. Honestly the damaging itself while fighting was very detrimental to it in earlier games, but now there is a good reason for it, or rather a benefit.

Yes, he has qualities over Pikachu. He probably also has more kill power, F-tilt is a kill option and probably landing Nair/Fair leads into kill confirms (just speculation)

Additionally, I think he takes less damage than in melee

Edited by Lorisaur