Ground Gym Leader team i made

Lord Drakyle

So this is a ground type team utilizing the Short-Circuit Field in Double Battle Format, i got bored a while back and made it, wondering what thoughts people have on it (or if they were bored enough and wanted to battle it) and if there is anything they think could be changed to make it better, keep in mind i would ask for reasons why you feel these are better suited and to understand this you would need to understand the field chosen which is because along with the team used the idea is to make certain moves that are likely to be used in double battles pick up electricity while also being able to use them myself without risking hurting my own Pokemon, basically making it harder to fight with water attack on two at once. anyone without further ado, the team: 

Spoiler

Lead: Nidoqueen and Claydol

Team: 

Camerupt @Cameruptite (Modest): Heat Wave, Flash Cannon, Stealth Rock, Earth Power
EVs: HP/Sp Atk/Sp Def: 252/252/6
Ability: Solid Rock --> Sheer Force

Gastrodon @Rindo Berry (Bold): Muddy Water, Earth Power, Recover, Clear Smog
EVs: HP/Sp Atk/Def: 252/6/252
Ability: Storm Drain

Steelix @Synthetic Seed [+Sp Def, Magnet Rise] (Brave): Earthquake, Ice Fang, Curse, Gyro Ball
EVs: Atk/Def/Sp Def: 252/6/252
Ability: Sturdy

Palossand @Leftovers (Brave): Shore Up, Earth Power, Giga Drain, Shadow Ball
EVs: Hp/Sp Atk/Sp Def : 252/6/252
Ability: Water Compaction

Nidoqueen @Synthetic Seed (Modest): Surf, Toxic Spikes, Earth Power, Shadow Ball
EVs: Def/Sp Atk/Sp Def: 252/252/6
Ability: Sheer Force

Claydol @Amplified Rock (Relaxed): Flash, Trick Room, Gyro Ball, Light Screen
EVs: HP/Atk/Sp Def: 252/6/252
Ability: Levitate

So What do you think for a Double Format using the field Short-Circuit, think it's got good potential or needs serious re-thinking?

People who helped me modify/improve the team: @Teto , 

I give thanks to those people listed

Keep in mind i had no idea if this is the right place for this, it's hard to tell for sure where this would go but i mean it seems like a fitting spot?

Yes this team is in my reborn file and can be battled.

2 hours ago, Lord Drakyle said:

So this is a ground type team utilizing the Short-Circuit Field in Double Battle Format, i got bored a while back and made it, wondering what thoughts people have on it (or if they were bored enough and wanted to battle it) and if there is anything they think could be changed to make it better, keep in mind i would ask for reasons why you feel these are better suited and to understand this you would need to understand the field chosen which is because along with the team used the idea is to make certain moves that are likely to be used in double battles pick up electricity while also being able to use them myself without risking hurting my own Pokemon, basically making it harder to fight with water attack on two at once. anyone without further ado, the team: 

Hide contents

Team: 

Camerupt @Cameruptite (Quiet): Heat Wave, Flash Cannon, Stockpile, Mud Bomb

Gastrodon @Assault Vest (Bold): Muddy Water, Mud Bomb, Icy Wind, Sludge Wave
EVs: HP/Sp Atk/Def: 252/6/252

Steelix @Synthetic Seed [+Sp Def, Magnet Rise] (Brave): Bulldoze, Ice Fang, Wide Guard, Gyro Ball
EVs: HP/Atk/Def: 252/252/6

Gliscor @Life Orb (Jolly): Bulldoze, Thunder Fang, Night Slash, Wing Attack
EVs: Hp/Atk/Speed : 6/252/252
Ability: Hyper Cutter

Stunfisk @Synthetic Seed (Modest): Surf, Electroweb, Earth Power, Sludge Bomb
EVs: Def/Sp Atk/Sp Def: 252/252/6
Ability: Static

Claydol @Leftovers (Adamant): Bulldoze, Rock Slide, Gyro Ball, Zen Headbutt
EVs: HP/Atk/Sp Def: 6/252/252

So What do you think for a Double Format using the field Short-Circuit, think it's got good potential or needs serious re-thinking?

Keep in mind i had no idea if this is the right place for this, it's hard to tell for sure where this would go but i mean it seems like a fitting spot?

Does surf pick up electricity? If not, you'd be hurting your own ground team. 😅

On 11/29/2018 at 8:23 PM, Lord Drakyle said:

This team is really interesting. With the terrain and some pokemons such as Gastrodon, the Water weakness is highly reduced. I would like to battle you some day.

However, I'm really afraid of Grass and Ice moves now. That is why I would like to propose some changes. I feel pretty ironic because I would know your team regardless ^^

While I gave more thoughts to your team, I realized that your team is so slow and so bulky. Then, I saw Claydol and I screamed "OMG Trick Room". With Camerupt, and Steelix, the offensive power is present.

Spoiler

Camerupt @Cameruptite (Quiet > Modest) (always better)

Heat Wave

Flash Cannon

Nature Power (you don't want to create the Factory Field and activate the wrong seed unless Steelix is sent earlier) > Eruption/Flamethrower (I don't know which one could be better in double battles but Eruption + Trick Room could be deadly)

Mud Bomb > Earth Power (stronger and better accuracy)

Camerupt is now more theatening. And under Trick Room, it's one of the best sweepers.

Gastrodon @Leftovers/Wiki Berry (the berry that reduces Grass moves power) (Sassy/Bold)

Muddy Water

Mud Bomb > Earth Power

Icy Wind > Recover (your team is slow so lowering the speed of your foes isn't worth it, especially if you have Gyro Ball. And since Ice Beam is not available, Recover seems a good option for now).

Sludge Wave > Clear Smog (it nullifies boosts so it's always useful)
EVs: HP/Sp Atk/Spe.Def/Def: 252/6/252

Gastrodon is a defensive pokemon so Assault Vest was kind of lowering its utility. In your team, he has to survive as long as possible to prevent single-target Water moves such as Scald, Waterfall or Liquidation. However, using a Grass move against him is very tempting so a berry is possible. You could run Toxic too. Your call! I chose the Spe.Def EVs with an adequate nature but Def EVs are ok too.

Steelix @Synthetic Seed [+Sp Def, Magnet Rise] (Brave):

Bulldoze > Earthquake

Ice Fang

Wide Guard > Curse

Gyro Ball

I like this guy. Maybe run Spe.Def EVs instead of Def EVs in order to maximize the Seed utility. Maybe Steelix should be one of your leads to ensure that you get the seed boost.

Claydol @Amplifield Rock (Adamant > Bold):

Bulldoze > Toxic

Rock Slide > Trick Room

Gyro Ball

Zen Headbutt > Psychic
EVs: HP/Def/Sp Def: 252/252/6

You absolutely need Trick Room in your team. As I said earlier, your team team is bulky and slow but hits hard. With Trick Room that lasts 8 turns thanks to the Reborn item, your team will break noses. Claydol should run a defensive set. I tried this but the possibilities are endless.

For the following guys, you have a lot of options :

• Gliscor could run a set with Sword Dance, Tocix Orb and Poison Heal.
  • Stunfisk is ok. I would run Discharge instead of Electroweb. If if get the Factory field boost, it's still ok as it enhances it Special Attack.
  • I would consider Nidoqueen who can set up Toxic Spikes.
  • Nidoking is the offensive version of Nidoqueen. It's more frail but Sludge Wave and Sludge Bomb will destroy Grass types.
  • Mamoswine is always a good option but it's a fast one
  • Why not Palossand with enhanced Ghost types moves, Shore up, Earth Power and Toxic ?

11 hours ago, Teto said:

This team is really interesting. With the terrain and some pokemons such as Gastrodon, the Water weakness is highly reduced. I would like to battle you some day.

However, I'm really afraid of Grass and Ice moves now. That is why I would like to propose some changes. I feel pretty ironic because I would know your team regardless ^^

While I gave more thoughts to your team, I realized that your team is so slow and so bulky. Then, I saw Claydol and I screamed "OMG Trick Room". With Camerupt, and Steelix, the offensive power is present.

Hide contents

Camerupt @Cameruptite (Quiet > Modest) (always better)

Heat Wave

Flash Cannon

Nature Power (you don't want to create the Factory Field and activate the wrong seed unless Steelix is sent earlier) > Eruption/Flamethrower (I don't know which one could be better in double battles but Eruption + Trick Room could be deadly)

Mud Bomb > Earth Power (stronger and better accuracy)

Camerupt is now more theatening. And under Trick Room, it's one of the best sweepers.

Gastrodon @Leftovers/Wiki Berry (the berry that reduces Grass moves power) (Sassy/Bold)

Muddy Water

Mud Bomb > Earth Power

Icy Wind > Recover (your team is slow so lowering the speed of your foes isn't worth it, especially if you have Gyro Ball. And since Ice Beam is not available, Recover seems a good option for now).

Sludge Wave > Clear Smog (it nullifies boosts so it's always useful)
EVs: HP/Sp Atk/Spe.Def/Def: 252/6/252

Gastrodon is a defensive pokemon so Assault Vest was kind of lowering its utility. In your team, he has to survive as long as possible to prevent single-target Water moves such as Scald, Waterfall or Liquidation. However, using a Grass move against him is very tempting so a berry is possible. You could run Toxic too. Your call! I chose the Spe.Def EVs with an adequate nature but Def EVs are ok too.

Steelix @Synthetic Seed [+Sp Def, Magnet Rise] (Brave):

Bulldoze > Earthquake

Ice Fang

Wide Guard > Curse

Gyro Ball

I like this guy. Maybe run Spe.Def EVs instead of Def EVs in order to maximize the Seed utility. Maybe Steelix should be one of your leads to ensure that you get the seed boost.

Claydol @Amplifield Rock (Adamant > Bold):

Bulldoze > Toxic

Rock Slide > Trick Room

Gyro Ball

Zen Headbutt > Psychic
EVs: HP/Def/Sp Def: 252/252/6

You absolutely need Trick Room in your team. As I said earlier, your team team is bulky and slow but hits hard. With Trick Room that lasts 8 turns thanks to the Reborn item, your team will break noses. Claydol should run a defensive set. I tried this but the possibilities are endless.

For the following guys, you have a lot of options :

• Gliscor could run a set with Sword Dance, Tocix Orb and Poison Heal.
  • Stunfisk is ok. I would run Discharge instead of Electroweb. If if get the Factory field boost, it's still ok as it enhances it Special Attack.
  • I would consider Nidoqueen who can set up Toxic Spikes.
  • Nidoking is the offensive version of Nidoqueen. It's more frail but Sludge Wave and Sludge Bomb will destroy Grass types.
  • Mamoswine is always a good option but it's a fast one
  • Why not Palossand with enhanced Ghost types moves, Shore up, Earth Power and Toxic ?

Some of the moves chosen originally are because they can be used with the field effect or help me maintain a chosen field, i lead Camerupt with Gastrodon to defend Gastrodon from Grass types while handling the Ice types and being safe from water types, also point taken on Nature Power and i also have an idea of a replacement move that isn't any listed move you gave, a defensive Claydol could definitely be better but i would prefer opting for something other than Toxic, such as Flash, Gliscor might get pulled out for Nidoqueen or Palossand, would prefer to avoid dropping the attack stat on Claydol. There is something i would like to test but it requires a double battle to test it not to mention i want to make some form of weakness a challenger can take advantage of, that being by changing the field to Factory Field it restricts my options if they can keep it that way by the time i need to send in a pokemon. ill edit the document with the new team line up.

Thank you for the advice. (also if ya wondering about the 'legality' of a Claydol with Flash, it could learn it in Gen 6 and since Reborn until very recent episodes didnt have USUM content (flash being transfer only is USUM) it's should still be legal since it could be obtained if taught before USUM updates.)