Late Game Team Advise

Raviel the Phantom

After struggling to beat Adrienn and now at a point where I have not played the game before, I begin to worry my team may not be up for the rest of what Reborn has to offer.  The Fairy Gym leader was the first I actually had to swap out party members to stand a chance (I added Metagross to my party and still it came down to the wire).  Now, is Adrienn an exception or the rule to a difficulty curve waiting for me.

The Pokemon I use are not maxed out EV wise, but are close.  IVs are all on the high end for all of their stats.

My Main Team:

Charizard

Nature: Modest

Ability: Blaze

Moves: Air Slash, Fly, Heat Wave, Scary Face

Primarina

Nature: Bold

Ability: Liquid Voice

Moves: Icy Wind, Hyper Voice, Waterfall, Moonblast

Magnezone

Nature: Bashful

Ability: Sturdy

Moves: Tri-Attack, Flash Cannon, Discharge, Thunder Wave

Alakazam

Nature: Timid

Ability: Magic Guard

Moves: Trick, Reflect, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam

Silvally

Nature: Quirky

Ability: RKS System

Moves: X-Scissor, Multi-Attack, Surf, Iron Head

Krookodile

Nature; Jolly

Ability; Moxie

Moves: Outrage, Earthquake, Crunch, Brick Break

3 hours ago, Raviel the Phantom said:

After struggling to beat Adrienn and now at a point where I have not played the game before, I begin to worry my team may not be up for the rest of what Reborn has to offer.  The Fairy Gym leader was the first I actually had to swap out party members to stand a chance (I added Metagross to my party and still it came down to the wire).  Now, is Adrienn an exception or the rule to a difficulty curve waiting for me.

The Pokemon I use are not maxed out EV wise, but are close.  IVs are all on the high end for all of their stats.

My Main Team:

Charizard

Nature: Modest

Ability: Blaze

Moves: Air Slash, Fly, Heat Wave, Scary Face

Primarina

Nature: Bold

Ability: Liquid Voice

Moves: Icy Wind, Hyper Voice, Waterfall, Moonblast

Magnezone

Nature: Bashful

Ability: Sturdy

Moves: Tri-Attack, Flash Cannon, Discharge, Thunder Wave

Alakazam

Nature: Timid

Ability: Magic Guard

Moves: Trick, Reflect, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam

Silvally

Nature: Quirky

Ability: RKS System

Moves: X-Scissor, Multi-Attack, Surf, Iron Head

Krookodile

Nature; Jolly

Ability; Moxie

Moves: Outrage, Earthquake, Crunch, Brick Break

i don't particularly think your team is too bad (could really work on that heavy weakness to Water types), wouldn't mind knowing what ya have i nrotation and what type ya silvally is but bold nature ya might wanna change on primarina, not sure what good it is doing it, that aside, Adrienn would just be a tough matchup for a Dark type like Krook and with Charizard's fire type attacks iirc being made part dragon on Adrienn's field half his potential is gone there too, now it comes down to Magnezone who by all means should have little trouble with flash cannon spam for the win on Adrienn unless ya strategy made doing this difficult, though if ya really believe that your team is falling short of what's to come some of the strongest  or useful potential pokemon will quickly become available to you such as Garchomp, Aegislash, Mimikyu (definitely can be handy) and some others i cannot remember of the top of my head just that beyond here is where the pokemon who were, unfortunately, designed to be top tier can be obtained, one more badge and ya quest for the mega z-ring can begin.

You can improve your team by giving them better natures in 7th street for almost free (farm some heart scales on Luvdiscs in Flore Mansion if necessary). What are your items by the way? In neo-Reborn, you can find good ones such as Choice items, Toxic Orb, Flame Orb (Alakazam could make good use of these two) ...

I see that you have a lot of moves such as Fly, Waterfall and Surf. In the following battles you will encounter, you don't have to use these moves to reach bosses so I suggest considering other TM moves to fulfill your movesets.

Concerning the pokemon, even if Primarina should be good with Liquid Voice in Double battles, I'd rather use Torrent and Hydro Pump. Nuking your enemies in one-hit is always a good choice. But again, you can change moves and abilities between battles. Additionnaly, I feel that Silvally could run utility moves such as Toxic and Parting Shot.

Good luck! I don't think you'll have a lot of issues your team anyway!