Getting a New Laptop for Black Friday

ProjectIceman

Hey there everyone! Black Friday is just a day away, but as you may know you can get an early purchase by going to select stores today.

As for me, I am thinking of getting a new laptop. One that can handle the Pokemon fan games I tend to play. I always had issues with either lag, unresponsive, or the sound would mute because my computer couldn't take it.

Now the issue is I want to get a good computer without having to break my wallet. So I wanted to get advice from you guys. What would be a good laptop to buy? I'm not trying to get a laptop to play everything like League of Legends or something like that. Just one where I can do more than what I currently have.

Btw here are the specs on mu computer if you're interested:

specs.PNG

As for me, I am thinking of getting a new laptop. One that can handle the Pokemon fan games I tend to play. I always had issues with either lag, unresponsive, or the sound would mute because my computer couldn't take it.

Unfortunately, pretty much everything that runs on RPG Maker XP has lag problems.

As for what you should buy, I think you can get away with some cheapo laptop. From experience, I could run most, if not all, fangames perfectly fine. But that could just be me.

What is your definition of breaking your wallet? You can definitely find a laptop with better specs than that nowadays for not too much, but a limit would be nice to help you find something. Without any idea of what is breaking your wallet, on of the best laptops I can find; period; at what I'd call a "lower" price range would be this:

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Display-A12-9720P-Bluetooth-Earphone/dp/B0748YG81P

If you need anything cheaper, I would go with the one below.

https://www.amazon.com/Performance-HP-Dual-Core-Processor-Bluetooth/dp/B07BS2B8DY

This was the laptop I first played Reborn on back in the pre E15 days (From E7 to E12)

small_gateway-tc-series-laptop.jpg&clien

It was a Gateway TC7306u which can only be found used for about 50 or so bucks. It's a slow laptop, but I can assure you that it still works rather well and can still play RMXP games rather well. Let me find the specs on that thing:

b2afb81cac020809b0d810611e1829c7.png

It's not what you want, but what you want out of your laptop and what price you are willing to pay in reality since if that thing can do it, just about any laptop can as I've seen weaker laptops perform and run the game just as well as this one (don't know the school one I had in high school but it could run the game rather well).

Thanks for all the feedback guys! With it I was able to get a good understanding of what to look for when buying a laptop. I was able to get the HP 15 for only $399. With it, I can use OBS instead of my other recording software that tends to mute mid video.

The gameplay has also come out very clean. No lag so far.

Once again, thank you all.