My biggest complaint about this game

omgukillkenny

The level grinding. The fucking level grinding. I like the idea of needing a larger pool of pokemon so that you can vary your strategy for each major battle, but there is simply not enough trainers to level up a large pool of pokemon forcing you to level grind for hours on wild pokemon. I have tried playing through this game before hitting a wall and quitting, I think it was at the normal type gym leader the first time and now retrying it again and I already have to fight in allyways to get past the first gym. Highly recommend that something is implemented into the early game to remove this. Even something like a VS seeker to rebattle the trainers would be a huge relief.

4 minutes ago, omgukillkenny said:

The level grinding. The fucking level grinding. I like the idea of needing a larger pool of pokemon so that you can vary your strategy for each major battle, but there is simply not enough trainers to level up a large pool of pokemon forcing you to level grind for hours on wild pokemon. I have tried playing through this game before hitting a wall and quitting, I think it was at the normal type gym leader the first time and now retrying it again and I already have to fight in allyways to get past the first gym. Highly recommend that something is implemented into the early game to remove this. Even something like a VS seeker to rebattle the trainers would be a huge relief.

Rebattleable trainers are in the Grand Hall and have been there the past few episodes.  I think they start spawning after the second or third gym (iirc), but it could be earlier.

8 minutes ago, omgukillkenny said:

Iirc, the trainers in the Grand Hall are there from the beginning, and the ones that are there change daily. They also increase in level based on how far into the game you are. Hope this helps! 🙂

You also don't need to train up a brand new team for every major battle. It just requires thinking about a strategy that you can do with the Pokemon that you have. It is more possible to beat the team with only having 8 Pokemon on rotation (or even 6, if you know the game well enough). 

But as others have said, there are also the rebattleable trainers in the Grand Hall.

Typically a good team revolves around 1-2 staples. This reduces the number of pokemon that you need to rotate around. On my first run of the game, I wan sandslash, fearow, alakazam, hariyama, emolga, and camerupt all the way to Ceil. And if you notice, most of these pokemon are from Corey and earlier. 

Since that first run, I have learned a number of things. For pokemon, SUdowoodo and Drapion are bae. For haxing your way through nasty fights, use X Items (now twice as effective in e18). Finally, Discharge and Eruption are the best moves you can use since they transform nearly every field. Granted it's not much help for gym battles since those fields are specialized for their leaders. For double battles, you can usually abuse the EQ/Discharge combination (this works great on Radomus). 

Also don't forget those field seeds (telluric, etc) since those can beat gym battles if timed correctly.