GBA/ Mobile Download please?

Hastendo

(I didn't know where to post this so sorry about it being in the wrong category)

I wanted to show my brother the game although it's extremely difficult, but he doesn't have a pc like I do. I've been trying to search the app store for apps that can run exe files but I've had no luck, I found an app that can run GBA files on mobile which would be great if I could play pokemon reborn on it. But the game is an exe file not a gba file, so I'm trying to search for a gba version of the game. So far no luck, If I can't find a way to play it on mobile I'll just settle with Pokemon Sweet which does have a gba file. But i'd prefer if we could play pokemon reborn together 

• Veterans

yeah, so since this isn't a romhack it can't be ported to other systems like a .gba file.

personally, i'd absolutely love it if it was actually playable on a console, but that would require recoding the entire game and that's more effort than anyone wants to put into it.

Would there be any programs to help do that for someone who's a noob at doing so? It would be awesome to be able to play on phone, it sounds like a cool project.

I love reborn and a bunch of my friends don't have computers but have good cells so it might be worth considering to learn so I can show my friends it

• Global Mods
22 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

Would there be any programs to help do that for someone who's a noob at doing so? It would be awesome to be able to play on phone, it sounds like a cool project.

I love reborn and a bunch of my friends don't have computers but have good cells so it might be worth considering to learn so I can show my friends it

A couple times I've heard of people attempting it (I think I remember Insurgence's team tried to have it playable on Android) but no attempts have been successful as far as I know.

33 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

People have been begging content creators (not just Ame) for years upon years pestering them time and time again. I'd argue it's one of the most requested things in the entire Pokemon fan-game community bar new gen Pokemon. If there was a feasible solution, we would be hearing it really loud and really clear and so many devs would migrate towards it in a heartbeat (unless they are really deep in their dev time).

The biggest issue would be due to how old and outdated RMXP is. It's like trying to run '98 games on Windows 10. You don't really think much about it as a software dev. If you want to be the hero who finds the solution after 1-2 years of development time be my guest as you'd be a hero to the community and probably one of the most praised people in the community, but right now we don't have anything even close to say it's possible. My best advice is to convince your friends to join forces and buy a cheap $30 or $40 laptop as all people should really have them. Trust me, Reborn can run on some really low end stuff.

Edit: Well I found something interesting and...yeah...good luck getting it to work

f6fe40f0104fec44c6884be6c8ef7115.png

21 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

A couple times I've heard of people attempting it (I think I remember Insurgence's team tried to have it playable on Android) but no attempts have been successful as far as I know.

17 minutes ago, Commander said:

People have been begging content creators (not just Ame) for years upon years pestering them time and time again. I'd argue it's one of the most requested things in the entire Pokemon fan-game community bar new gen Pokemon. If there was a feasible solution, we would be hearing it really loud and really clear and so many devs would migrate towards it in a heartbeat (unless they are really deep in their dev time).

The biggest issue would be due to how old and outdated RMXP is. It's like trying to run '98 games on Windows 10. You don't really think much about it as a software dev. If you want to be the hero who finds the solution after 1-2 years of development time be my guest as you'd be a hero to the community and probably one of the most praised people in the community, but right now we don't have anything even close to say it's possible. My best advice is to convince your friends to join forces and buy a cheap $30 or $40 laptop as all people should really have them. Trust me, Reborn can run on some really low end stuff.

Edit: Well I found something interesting and...yeah...good luck getting it to work

f6fe40f0104fec44c6884be6c8ef7115.png

Thank you both of you, I was just looking into trying a rom hack for it but realized it wouldn't allow for all gen starters

Commander I will look into that but I'm pretty sure might have to start from scratch learning a language from scratch

• Veterans

yeah, what I was saying was basically that the entire game would have to be recoded from Ruby to C++ to be able to work with more devices- and that'd require basically redoing the 16 years of Essentials development plus all the additional scripting that Reborn uses.