Google Chrome not opening

• Global Mods

For the third time the past week, Google Chome isn't opening. I tried the desktop icon and running it from programs. I'm typing this from mobile.

Turning my laptop on and off again doesn't work. I tried that several times both times prior. I just had to wait until Chome decided to work again, which iirc was around 30-45 minutes.

If possible I'd rather not have to uninstall and reinstall Chrome, if that means I'll have to log in to everything again after I reinstall. I use Remember Me on all sites and I don't know the passwords to my forum account, my email addresses, or anything. I looked up the problem but this seems to be the most common suggested solution.

Is there anything else I could try/does anyone know why this might be happening? If it matters, I'm on Windows 10.

If you sign in to the Chrome browser, then that Chrome login saves your website logins, passwords, and site preferences: the sort of stuff you say you'd prefer to save. So if it comes down to it and you really need this issue solved, then, assuming you have a Chrome login, that information will carry over. If you don't have a Chrome login, then you are at risk of losing that upon reinstallation.

You could check to see that you are using the correct shortcut to open Chrome. This could involve digging around in the location where you downloaded Chrome to find the application file. It's possible you're not using the direct application file to open Chrome, but instead some shortcut that really sucks and should instead be called a longcut.

When you say you're running Chrome from programs, what do you mean?

• Global Mods
6 minutes ago, Arkhi said:

If you sign in to the Chrome browser, then that Chrome login saves your website logins, passwords, and site preferences: the sort of stuff you say you'd prefer to save. So if it comes down to it and you really need this issue solved, then, assuming you have a Chrome login, that information will carry over. If you don't have a Chrome login, then you are at risk of losing that upon reinstallation.

You could check to see that you are using the correct shortcut to open Chrome. This could involve digging around in the location where you downloaded Chrome to find the application file. It's possible you're not using the direct application file to open Chrome, but instead some shortcut that really sucks and should instead be called a longcut.

When you say you're running Chrome from programs, what do you mean?

From programs, I meant when you click on the bottom left of the screen, type the name of a program into the search bar and open it from there. 

I think I do have a Chrome login, because the past two times after it started working again, Chrome opened with a page that said "You" and I clicked on it, taking me to the Chrome homepage (Chromepage?). I have no idea what my login details would be though, since it just said "You" without a name coming up.