To be fair, I did like Litten.

ShadeStrider

This will be my final salty Incineroar-got-in-Smash-but-Decidueye-did-not rant.

Litten was this cat who is extremely Introverted, and a Pokemon who likes Solitude and who has trust issues. It kinda sounds like Therion from Octopath Traveler, now that I think about it. I don't mind Litten that much. I actually preferred Litten to Rowlet.

And then they evolved. I feel ashamed to say that Litten evolved into a Generic Bipedal Should-Be-Fire/Fighting type. Rowlet got an evolution that made sense. It was this cool Ghost type Forest dweller that went from throwing quills in it's youth, to shooting Arrows in it's adulthood. It was awesome. Litten... didn't fare too well. It got this wrestler that was trying far too hard to look tough, but just ended up looking ugly and obnoxious.  I think Luxray is an example of what Incineroar could have been, if his design worked.

If Incineroar didn't look the way it did, then I would have been more than happy to accept it as a Smash Ultimate Newcomer. As it is, I understand why everyone is salty.

There was an obviously fake uhh... "Leak" that showed that Litten would evolve into Shadow the Hedgehog, and honestly, It reminds me of how much I would have preferred Shadow in Smash Ultimate.

Even if you wanted a wrestling Rep, then Hawlucha would have been a better choice. Hawlucha has a good design, it's able to represent Wrestling as a sport, and it looks cool and elegant while doing it.

As for Grapplers.... Snake canonically is one. If we assume that he can do all that CQC stuff in MGSV. But even in Smash, I think he counts. I am more well versed in Metal Gear lore than most people here, so I think I know.

To me, Incineroar still is the worst newcomer in Smash History, easily beating out Corrin. It's only role in my Smash Bros Experience will be either as a punching bag for Cloud Strife, Solid Snake, Greninja, Falco Lombardi, Roy, and Mewtwo, or an opponent in a tournament. 

25 minutes ago, Commander said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Just felt a need to finalize my stance on Incineroar's inclusion. I haven't made an entire thread about it until now.

At least I'm not making a "Delay SSBU" or "F*ck Sakurai" thread.

Whenever something that angers me happens, the anger lasts. Incineroar is lucky, my rage lasted little more than a week.

Star Wars the Last Jedi turned out bad, my rage lasted for Months.

10 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

Whenever something that angers me happens, the anger lasts. Incineroar is lucky, my rage lasted little more than a week.

Star Wars the Last Jedi turned out bad, my rage lasted for Months.

y8ZgkFM.gif

First, I thought the Last Jedi was an alright movie.

Secondly, you've made a number of posts to the point it's where we laugh instead of taking what you say seriously (then again, angry people on the internet are always fun to laugh at). I mean I really, really didn't want Isabelle in the game, but do you see me making a whole bunch of posts saying she should be gone and how much I hate her? No, I just simply accept it's a part of the game and just probably won't use her. That and Animal Crossing game hype. *Ahem* You can keep going and making a fool out of yourself, but at this point, I'm not taking anything you say seriously.

This message has been sponsored by the future Incineroar mains foundation

• Like 2

As soon as I heard of Incineroar in smash ultimate I thought "hey! ShadeStrider will be horribly pissed, let's check reborn forum to see how raged he is" but I've been into busy days so I couldn't come online before now. However, here's what I sincerely think about him: they added Incineroar because he was Incineroar. In smash ultimate they have often added characters just because they were popular or requested (aka Chrom, Dark Samus, or even Ridley and K. Rool in a certain way) and unexpected characters like Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt Duo or Piranha Plant are quite rare right now.

I understand your personal hate for Incineroar, if they added Gardevoir I would have reacted so much worse than you did. But really, really much worse.

However, he's pretty bad competitively tbh. As someone may know here, I'm a Rosaluma main, and while my queen isn't having the best time ever she has godlike matchup aganist him (like almost any character with decent neutral lol). I'm pretty sure his nightmares will be Greninja, Sheik, Wolf, Dark Samus, Villager, Duck Hunt, any zoner and any aggressive character with at least ranged tool

As for the character design I like it, the idea to make it more a wrestler than a pokemon is really good on basis. I don't think Hawlucha was good, but, going outside from wrestling, there would have been many pokemon who could play in a much more unique way than him. Talking about how "unique" Incineroar is... revenge is a cool mechanic but I don't belive it's so good exept for doubles. I mean... It's a regular counter, but it counters later. Just that. However, I've made a full thread about my idea of Hitmontop, he could even fit well in the trailer instead of Incineroar as a semi-boxer. My wet dream is Palossand in smash and I have a very good concept for him, but as for gen7 pokemons Silvally, Golisopod, Tapu Koko, Buzzwole or even ARAQUANID could be so good. Talking about Buzzwole, he could just fight almost the same as Incineroar while being... unexpected. Golisopod was leaked by someone, and Silvally/Koko are notorious among players as Incineroar but, once again, different

Nonetheless, he's been ported in smash in a cool way and the idea to make it taunt every second is also nice, so he is an overall decent addition to the game (instead of Isabelle), but many vgc players I know, who are fed up of Incineroar having 97% usage rate in battlespot, are really pissed about him. I do not use Incineroar as I'm in the 3% who uses Arcanine so I'm fine

P.S. praise the Piranha Plant

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lorisaur said:

As soon as I heard of Incineroar in smash ultimate I thought "hey! ShadeStrider will be horribly pissed, let's check reborn forum to see how raged he is" but I've been into busy days so I couldn't come online before now. However, here's what I sincerely think about him: they added Incineroar because he was Incineroar. In smash ultimate they have often added characters just because they were popular or requested (aka Chrom, Dark Samus, or even Ridley and K. Rool in a certain way) and unexpected characters like Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt Duo or Piranha Plant are quite rare right now.

I understand your personal hate for Incineroar, if they added Gardevoir I would have reacted so much worse than you did. But really, really much worse.

However, he's pretty bad competitively tbh. As someone may know here, I'm a Rosaluma main, and while my queen isn't having the best time ever she has godlike matchup aganist him (like almost any character with decent neutral lol). I'm pretty sure his nightmares will be Greninja, Sheik, Wolf, Dark Samus, Villager, Duck Hunt, any zoner and any aggressive character with at least ranged tool

As for the character design I like it, the idea to make it more a wrestler than a pokemon is really good on basis. I don't think Hawlucha was good, but, going outside from wrestling, there would have been many pokemon who could play in a much more unique way than him. Talking about how "unique" Incineroar is... revenge is a cool mechanic but I don't belive it's so good exept for doubles. I mean... It's a regular counter, but it counters later. Just that. However, I've made a full thread about my idea of Hitmontop, he could even fit well in the trailer instead of Incineroar as a semi-boxer. My wet dream is Palossand in smash and I have a very good concept for him, but as for gen7 pokemons Silvally, Golisopod, Tapu Koko, Buzzwole or even ARAQUANID could be so good. Talking about Buzzwole, he could just fight almost the same as Incineroar while being... unexpected. Golisopod was leaked by someone, and Silvally/Koko are notorious among players as Incineroar but, once again, different

Nonetheless, he's been ported in smash in a cool way and the idea to make it taunt every second is also nice, so he is an overall decent addition to the game (instead of Isabelle), but many vgc players I know, who are fed up of Incineroar having 97% usage rate in battlespot, are really pissed about him. I do not use Incineroar as I'm in the 3% who uses Arcanine so I'm fine

P.S. praise the Piranha Plant

Fair enough. You want to know something else? I actually don't mind the Piranha Plant. It's technically a good way to "subvert our expectations."

But who cares. I'm just a random guy on the Internet who is acting like an Internet Troll because I'm pissed. Or was, anyway.

Again.

Pokemon reps are going to be made likelier depending on recency. It’s the only trend with the franchise to stick.

This means that Hawlucha would be more likely to replace Greninja than Incineroar because at the time Sm4sh was released X and Y were the most recent Pokemon games.

Series like Pokemon and Fire Emblem that have significant continuity and differing lists of characters from one game to the next are likely to prioritize recency. Of all the Alolan Pokemon, Incineroar could be argued as more unique than Decidueye/Primarina or other Pokemon that might be considered a grappler from Gen 7. Previous generations don’t get considered because they likely already have a rep. (Greninja)

You seem to dislike Corrin too. Maybe it’s the “last game/next game rep” methodology that is the real root of the problem?

I think having a preference for Geno (a legacy Nintendo character) or Shadow (a recurring Sega entity that is timeless) is resultant of wishful thinking and buying into leakers over searching for patterns.

When you trust patterns over leaks and high hopes, you may not get all that you want - but you certainly avoid disappointment.

• Like 1

Yeah I can definitely agree with you I wasn't too big of a fan of Incineroar either. Although It didn't piss me off to see it unlike a certain surprise plant. I was riding hard on the Shadow hype train as a Sonic fanboy. We can only hope maybe he'll pop up as one of the DLC characters even though he's an assist trophy. 

10 minutes ago, Xtrack said:

We can only hope maybe he'll pop up as one of the DLC characters even though he's an assist trophy. 

Shadow has pretty much 0 chance since Sakurai said no Echoes for DLC. Shadow is to Sonic as Ken is to Ryu and they considered Ryu as an Echo when there's a tad bit to differentiate the two. Anyways, we really have no leads on what Sakurai wants to do but most likely it'll be relevant or active characters in a franchise (so RIP Isaac fans and probably Geno fans and I guess Black Knight). We are completely in the dark in terms of DLC other than that. Hate to kill your hopes, but none of the ones who people are really hoping for are looking too hot right now.

• Sad 1

Do you think we may get Rex as a DLC? Sakurai clearly said that he did not make the roster because he came out too late, but they are still in time to add him as a DLC... and I hope they wont, I really hate Xenoblade for personal reasons.

The same argument could be applied to Zeraora, who I instead like so much, as he would fit the game very well and he was released too late to be in smash ultimate. However, we have enough pokemon and probably Sakurai will focus on underepresented franchises or stuff like that. I want Lupin III in smash bros. Maybe

13 minutes ago, Lorisaur said:

Do you think we may get Rex as a DLC? Sakurai clearly said that he did not make the roster because he came out too late, but they are still in time to add him as a DLC... and I hope they wont, I really hate Xenoblade for personal reasons.

From the sound of it, it'd probably be Pyra or Mythra (or however you spell those name), but it sounded more like they already have a good idea who they want for the 5 and decided not to go with Xenoblade 2 which is why they put in all the XB2 stuff. If we're getting another Monolith rep, my best guess would be KOS-MOS given the ties with Bamco and it kind of being the signature of Monolith soft. I don't think we're going to get anything from Monolith Soft though.

As for my guesses, I'm going by Sm4sh and going with third party candidates:

Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) - I know a lot of people say Lloyd, but this guy is to Tales of as Cloud is to Final Fantasy. And before you complain about a sword fighter, Yuri is kind of like a hybrid of Marth and Ryu. While he uses his sword quite a bit, he also uses his fist being designed to do swift combos. He's got a ton of tools to work with including throwing Repede into the mix if they wanted. He's way more unique than Lloyd who'd kind of perform in a manner similar to Marth. I'll be very surprised if a Tales character isn't one of the DLC and given the upcoming remaster of Vesperia just makes Yuri a more logical sense for Bamco to push a little bit.

KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) - While I don't think she'll make it in, I'll at least mention she'd have quite a unique moveset probably being Samus but with the ability designed to fight in close quarters more than range. She's got a lot to work with and I mean a lot. Her signature gatling guns, the dragon, x-buster, sabers, a giant mech, and plenty more. She was the first crossover character in Xenoblade 2 for a reason and for a dead franchise, she's come back to crossover games like Project X. Hey you could throw in a T-elos model as well for a costume.

Segata Sanshiro (Sega Saturn) - I'm mostly kidding with this guy, but it'd be awesome for the Sega legend to return and I couldn't think of a better WTF character to top Piranha Plant. Project x Zone 2 gave him a number of new moves but I'm not sure if he'd have enough material to make him a workable fighter. It would make my year though.

Dragon Quest Protagonist (Dragon Quest Series) - It's kind of a hard pick between DQ and BD in terms of if they'd get a second SE Rep. DQ is more famous and they could even throw an octopath traveler into the mix if they really wanted to. The reason Geno has little chance is that he's facing the Mario Rep pool and the SE Rep pool both of which have so many behemoths. I mean Toad and Paper Mario kind of have priority over him. DQ Protags have a variety of classes and while I'd prefer Tiz, they have an endless supply of what they are capable of. SE just is a behemoth and I'm not even sure if we'll even get a second rep from them.

Dr. Eggman/Tails (Sonic Series) - Another I'll be surprised by is if we don't get another Sonic character into Smash. I'll be very, very surprised if Eggman isn't either a boss or a DLC fighter because he's a rather fun one with all his toys and gizmos. He'd probably use his Adventure 2 robot to battle, but who really knows because he has a near limitless amount of machines. If he is, I really hope the Egg Carrier or Death Egg is his final smash. Tails would be my second guess as he's got quite a bit of gadgets and the iconic tornado airplane. Just for the love of god don't give Tales the Tales doll.

Heihachi (Tekken) - We haven't seen anything on this guy while Akira was an assist trophy now. He's a pretty good guess as I'm sure at least some new IP fighter is going to show up and this is the only one I have to go off of. You'd have to go to an expert for a better guess, but I'm only going with what I know and this guy was a Mii fighter outfit.

Saki Amamiya/Ray MK III (Sin & Punishment/Ray MK) - So these two have an interesting story. Both of these character have appeared in multiple Smash bros games through trophies and other means. I'm leaning more towards Saki since his assist trophy model just kind of...vanished. I think Ray MK would be way too difficult to make a model which is why he got the cut and got a Mii fighter outfit. And that goes back to Saki Amamiya which pretty much only needed a tad bit of polishing to be an assist trophy in Ultimate. I'm not too familiar with the Sin & Punishment series other than its a shooter but it always looked interesting so you'd have to go to an expert to really digest what their moveset would be.

My 5 guess would be Yuri, KOS-MOS, Heihachi, Saki, and Eggman, but I really, really doubt all 5 or maybe even of those 5 could be the DLC. It's just an example of what candidates they could choose with sound reasoning in a dark tunnel.

10 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

What do you think of Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield's chances?

Resident Evil is one of those series that it's so up in the air that I can't really say "Oh they'll include him" or "No, they won't." It was only due to begging from what I remember that Snake got in so I can kind of see Sakurai being on the fence about including shooters or violent. We have on top of it so many characters with so many guns and weapons he just doesn't add all that much so I don't particularly see anything that can be brought to the table. It's a mostly blame Snake over anything.

From my eyes, I see very little what he'd bring, but being theoretical and pretending Snake doesn't exist, he would not be as out there as you might think. Resident Evil is a pretty iconic series and we've seen Fatal Frame make a nice little appearance so another horror series being represented wouldn't be so much as a stretch now. RE appeared on a Nintendo console so it's definitely a possibility. I just think it's unlikely since I really don't think Sakurai is too fond of shooter characters. His odds are much better than anyone in Golden Sun if that makes you feel better.

1. Shadow is literally evil Sonic.  You could argue about "ultimate life form" and "aliens" and "Shadow is older then sonic canonically" but in the end he is still a dated concept that people still like to this day.  "Everything has to be edgier because Edgy is cool."

2. No the lamest character additions in smash history are Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, and Roy.  Jigglypuff was only added in because she was popular in the anime at the time and "easy to make"  she is also toxic as hell when she is good.  Ice Climbers were a "because why not" thing that landed up being the most toxic character in smash history.   And Sakurai included Roy because he is a big fire emblem fan and wanted to include the next character from the next game in the series.  Roy's game landed up being considered one of the worst Fire Emblem games in the history of Fire Emblem.  Roy's playstyle is also incredibly flawed and contradictory and makes him a horrible character in a design sense.  People mostly like him because "he is a guy with a fire sword."

3. Snake is not a Grappler, sure he is a master of CQC, but the concept behind him is that he is that he is based around Stealth and Espionage.  So he is a "Zoning and Spacing" character who is designed around controlling the battlefield by setting up traps and pressuring people with his explosives.

4.  The only character in smash Ultimate that counts as a Grappler outside of Incineroar is Donkey Kong.  His mechanics are based around his cargo throw and how it has been retooled, that is what makes him unique in the cast.  Hawlucha is a wrestler, but he doesn't really add variety to the roster that people who enjoy characters like Donkey Kong are looking for.  Decidueye, Hawlucha, and Shadow wouldn't add variety to the game.  They would get lost in the sea of Speedy Characters and Zoning/Spacing characters that we already have.  People who are fans of that character aren't looking for "elegance" they are looking for "bad ass".

5.  Incineroar didn't take Shadow's roster spot.  That honor goes to Richter and Ken, make a thread being upset about them instead.

6. I don't think you understand how character design works... Here is a tl;dr thread on what exactly the alolan starters are.  skipping Primarina because she is irrelavent atm.

First of all gen 6 and 7 starters are designed with a theme in mind.  They are based on RPG classes.  Chesnaught is a Knight, Delphox is a Wizard, Greninja is a Rogue, Decidueye is an Archer, Incineroar is a Fighter, and Primarina is a Bard.  Gen 8 starters might follow a similar theme.  Also, the gen 7 starters were designed with the idea of telling a bit of a story as they evolve.

Decidueye:  Rowlett line is pretty much Oliver Queen/The Green Arrow from DC comics in pokemon form.  Oliver was a rude rich kid who went on a trip, was presumed dead, found himself on an Island, learned archery, returned to the city reavealing that he wasn't dead, and goes around at night being a green hooded archer.  Rowlett does similar things.  It starts innocent, evolves into a cocky jerk, and it's final form is an extinct species of owl that does hooded archery.

Incineroar:  The Origin of the Litten line is also heavily inspired by comic books.  His inspiration comes from a japanese Comic Series known as Tiger Mask.  In wrestling, there are two types of fighters, a Face/Santo and the Heel/Rudo.  The former are "heroes" and the latter are "villains" for short.  Tiger Mask was a Villain Wrestler who was from japan and made a name for himself in America as the scariest of all the villains.  Upon returning home he met a young child who was a huge fan.  The child told him "when I grow up, I want to be a Bad Guy just like you"  and that changed Tiger Mask's outlook on life, and decided to change his ways and be a "hero" of some sorts.  Incineroar's evolution is similar.  He starts out as a jerk of a cat, evolves into a bigger badder bully cat, and his final form is a giant muscly tiger who tries to undo his past and going from a jerk/bully to the guy who protects those who get bullied and inspires hope. 

And Primarina is a songstress inspired by pop idols, singers, and a creature called a selkie.  Her evolutionary line tells the story of the Ugly Duckling.

So yeah.  Decidueye is an archer Owl in a hoodie who was supposed to be dead.  Incineroar is a Luchador Tiger who is trying to overcome his past by winning the hearts of others using his charisma and ability to entertain. And Primarina is a pop star with the power of BUBBLES!!! 

Long story short.  Incineroar doesn't seem to be a character for you.  He is a Stylish, Manly, Charismatic character and obviously, you're not into that stuff.  If you don't care for that aesthetic that's fine.  Just don't be weird and make 50 threads complaining about how you didn't get a character that of which didn't really didn't have an absolute chance of getting into the game's roster to begin with.  It's getting annoying and entering the line of Needless Posting, which I'm technically supposed to act against.

As for those wondering about DLC.  My Guesses are...

1. Microsoft Rep, either Banjo and Kazooie, Master Chief from Halo, or Steve from Mine Craft.

2. A Namco Rep, I am putting my money on Solaire from Dark Souls.

3. A Capcom Rep, either Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney, a Monster Hunter, or either Jill Valentine or Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil.

4. Rayman

5. A rando Square Enix Rep, either Crono from Crono Trigger, Slime from Dragon Quest, or Edrick also from Dragon Quest.  No Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts rep.

Edit: Actually some info about the dlc dropped saying that Nintendo picked the dlc characters, and Sakurai made the movesets.  I'm expecting some potentially disappointing choices, as Ninty probably focused more on marketing then selecting highly requested charcters.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, G'doots said:

Incineroar:  The Origin of the Litten line is also heavily inspired by comic books.  His inspiration comes from a japanese Comic Series known as Tiger Mask.  In wrestling, there are two types of fighters, a Face/Santo and the Heel/Rudo.  The former are "heroes" and the latter are "villains" for short.  Tiger Mask was a Villain Wrestler who was from japan and made a name for himself in America as the scariest of all the villains.  Upon returning home he met a young child who was a huge fan.  The child told him "when I grow up, I want to be a Bad Guy just like you"  and that changed Tiger Mask's outlook on life, and decided to change his ways and be a "hero" of some sorts.  Incineroar's evolution is similar.  He starts out as a jerk of a cat, evolves into a bigger badder bully cat, and his final form is a giant muscly tiger who tries to undo his past and going from a jerk/bully to the guy who protects those who get bullied and inspires hope. 

This

This is a great summary of the concept of Incineroar

Also just gonna add something on to this

Incineroar is not a "Should be Fire/Fighting"

His Dark typing is for a reason

As said above Incineroar is the Heel, or bad guy, his category is literally "The Heel Pokemon"

As such he is Dark type, and the literal translation for Dark type is EVIL type

Fighting types are meant to be the heroes, the ones people are meant to look up to. They are the ones who represent justice.

Meanwhile Dark types are meant to be the villains, or at the very least not very nice, and so Incineroar's personality and origin is made to reflect that.

Basically calm down on the hate on Incineroar. It's ok not to like him, but you shouldn't make several threads complaining about this one thing.

Hooowhee, if I was around more often, I would reply to each hate thread on Incineroar with my love for Incineroar instead.

As I mentioned before, the Direct could have gone either way.  On one hand, we could have gotten Shadow, as well as several other characters that were too good to be true.  On the other, we could have gotten Tony's brother, Antonio El No Bueno Tigre (Or Tony the No Good Tiger). Incineroar got in, Shadow did not.  However, at the end of the day, we still get a black and red edgy furry, don't we?

When I first saw Incineroar in the concept art leak, I was amazed.  I actually thought it was too good to be true.  Yes, I still wish it was on all fours, but don't we all want a Pokemon on all fours?  It's typing makes sense, too.  Fire/Dark is just as much of a fitting type for Smash as Fire/Fighting.  Incineroar just screams Smash more than it did for Pokken, and either way, we still have Decidueye in Pokken, don't we?  Give Incineroar a chance before you knock it.

With the recurring trend of how Sakurai picks a new Pokemon for Smash, we now have Greninja, who is Water/Dark, as well as Incineroar, who is Fire/Dark.  If there is any pattern to go by for both Pokemon and Smash, I wager that Gen 8's Grass starter will be Grass/Dark, which will also be included in the next Smash.  Not only will it complete the triangle of Grass-Fire-Water, but they will all be Dark type as well, which would make a Dark user like me very, very happy (We are also long overdue for a new Grass/Dark Pokemon anyways).

Also, I love that Incineroar is in Smash because we can now enjoy some JOHN CENAROAR and Tony the Tiger.  Also... BIG THE CAT CONFIRMED.  BIG THE CAT... IN SMASH...  LET THAT SINK IN, FOLKS.

My DLC Picks:

1. Slime.  I WOULD say Geno, but it's increasingly more and more unlikely.  Plus, if we have PIRANHA PLANT of all things (Where's my fellow PP mains out there?  G E T P I P E D), it really wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo pulled another WTF character and put in Slime.

2. Banjo and Kazooie.  Okay, now this might be wishful thinking, but I truly believe that our beloved bear and bird can rise through the depths of hell and grace us with their presence again.  With the rumored N64 Classic going around, Nintendo could very well be going to Rare for the rights of Banjo and Kazooie, and put their games in the N64 Classic.  However, as they are focused on marketing, they COULD actually add Banjo and Kazooie into Smash as a way to market the upcoming N64 Classic, as well as the series.  If we end up NOT getting them, we'll most likely get Steve from Minecraft (He better be as good as Villager...).

3.Bandana Waddle Dee.  So far, we have not seen him in ANYTHING Smash related whatsoever.  No assist, no spirit, no costume, nothing.  I know Sakurai probably doesn't like BWD as much as he likes Kirby, but again, Nintendo is the one calling the shots now, and I think they could give Kirby a fourth rep.

4. Rayman.  Yes, I know Rayman is in Brawlhalla.  No, this doesn't stop him from being DLC.  Come on, Rabbids in the game as spirits, but no Rayman to be seen?  Seems a little shady if you ask me, especially since we had Rayman as a trophy in Smash 4.  He's got a lot going for him in terms of potential movesets, and I think that this would give him a chance to shine and stand out from the sea of Rabbids.

5. Shantae or Dixie Kong, maybe both if we're lucky.  Yes, I know they're spirits.  But come on, Dixie has been planned and scrapped multiple times in past games.  If they put Chrom in, and if they put King K Rool in (Which I'm hyped for), then what's stopping Dixie from her chance to shine?  They introduced Daisy, Ridley, Dark Samus, and Piranha Plant all in the same game.  I'm sure they have room for one more DK rep at least.  As for Shantae, she has quite a bit of history with Nintendo.  Her latest game has been teasing the hell out of Smash, and maybe Nintendo might listen and cut a deal?  I don't know.  I just think it would be pretty cool to have either Dixie or Shantae get in as DLC.