In-Game Team Advice

Fitch

Hey everybody, it's been a while

I recently beat episode 18 and it was quite enjoyable. It honestly took me a few tries to beat the last gym leader, so I want to develop a better end-game team so I will have better confidence in the next episode. Here's my current team that I want to build (I already have most of them):

Greninja w/ Expert Belt

Ability: Protean

EV's: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Def

- Surf

- Gunk Shot

- Extrasensory

- Dark Pulse

Flygon w/ Assault Vest

Ability: Levitate

EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Def

- Earthquake

- Fly (Pretty sure I'm going to replace for Crunch)

- Dragon Claw

- Rock Slide

Volcarona w/ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Flame Body

EV's: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Def

- Quiver Dance 

- Bug Buzz

- Fiery Dance/Flamethrower (Haven't decided)

- Heat Wave

Gengar w/ Life Orb

Ability: Cursed Body

EV's: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP

- Destiny Bond

- Shadow Ball

- Focus Blast

- Dazzling Gleam

Magnezone w/ Choice Specs

Ability: Sturdy

EV's: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Def, 4 HP

- Discharge

- Thunderbolt

- Tri Attack

- Flash Cannon

Gallade w/ Galladite

Ability: Justified (Inner Focus)

EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Def

- Close Combat

- Zen Headbutt

- Swords Dance

- Knock Off

Note: I also have a Specially Offensive Lucario, Trick Room Escavalier, Offensive Mimikyu, and Offensive Darmanitan on standby

And that's the team. I would greatly appreciate some feedback as to what I could do to make this team better, but I really would like to try to try to synergize it more. If you think I need to replace anyone please make a suggestion as to what, and I will get any species necessary. Thanks

Given we know the last gym leader is

Spoiler

Not really a spoiler but just in case

Saphira, dragon type 

I'd say it's good that you have mimikyu on standby. Maybe get an ice type also since it's likely that one of the elite 4 will be 

Spoiler

Again not really a spoiler but just in case

Heather, flying type 

So ice should be useful for both. As for recommendations, I'm a fan of alolan ninetales, but it depends if you EV train Speed and would rather speedy sweepers or set up trick room and sweep that way.

• Upvote 1

Quite an all-out attack team. I understand you had trouble, as sheer power doesn't like to take hits back.

I think you should improve your offensive power in order to give no chances to your opponent to fight back. Just suggestions of course.

Flygon should run a Dragon Dance + Outrage + Dragonium Z set. Otherwise, you can try Choice Band with U-Turn when it's available 

Z-Crystal or Life Orb on Volcarona. You can try a more bulky set with Def EV with Leftovers but Rocky Helmet won't help eitherway.

You can try utility moves such as Toxic on Gengar or Toxic Spikes on Greninja because you have enough coverage with your attacks.

• Upvote 1

On 11/5/2018 at 1:14 PM, Candy said:

Given we know the last gym leader is

Reveal hidden contents

Not really a spoiler but just in case

Saphira, dragon type 

I'd say it's good that you have mimikyu on standby. Maybe get an ice type also since it's likely that one of the elite 4 will be 

Reveal hidden contents

Again not really a spoiler but just in case

Heather, flying type 

So ice should be useful for both. As for recommendations, I'm a fan of alolan ninetales, but it depends if you EV train Speed and would rather speedy sweepers or set up trick room and sweep that way.

Yeah that's a really good idea. I like alolan Ninetails too and the typing would be good for the team. With those upcoming fights that will be useful, thanks!

On 11/6/2018 at 3:01 AM, Teto said:

Quite an all-out attack team. I understand you had trouble, as sheer power doesn't like to take hits back.

I think you should improve your offensive power in order to give no chances to your opponent to fight back. Just suggestions of course.

Flygon should run a Dragon Dance + Outrage + Dragonium Z set. Otherwise, you can try Choice Band with U-Turn when it's available 

Z-Crystal or Life Orb on Volcarona. You can try a more bulky set with Def EV with Leftovers but Rocky Helmet won't help eitherway.

You can try utility moves such as Toxic on Gengar or Toxic Spikes on Greninja because you have enough coverage with your attacks.

Thank you for the set suggestions, I thought some of them were a bit off. I'll modify the team to fit some more roles. Thanks!

• Upvote 2