(OOC + Signups) Pokemon Dark White

M_Cowher

Pokemon: Dark White

Going to preface this with a bit of context. This will be a serious RP that will require some commitment. If you can’t keep up, please don’t join. Anyone is more than welcome to spectate and/or contribute in their own way if they can’t or do not wish to roleplay. I will be running this through a discord server for the sake of organization which will include posts and free-RP for the actual story itself.

Our story will be taking place in an alternate timeline where the player character fails at the end of the main story of Pokemon White. Ghetsis’s plans have come to fruition, and he is on the verge of controlling the whole world. Now without further ado…

The Unova region has fallen under the control of Team Plasma, led by Ghetsis in the absence of N who supposedly left on a soul-searching journey after defeating the Champion. The world was shocked when suddenly the Pokemon storage system… Was empty… Most people’s Pokemon were gone within a day, released into the wilds regardless of their trainers, or their own desires.

Neighboring regions soon felt the crush of Team Plasma’s grip, and are slowly being pressured into submission. The Kanto and Johto regions were Ghetsis’s first targets once he had all but conquered the Unova region. The two region’s trainers put up a lot of resistance but were eventually quelled. The Sinnoh region has mostly been ‘conquered,’ but the local resistance under the command of Cynthia has locked down Mt. Coronet and are using Snowpoint city as a shipping hub. The Hoenn, Kalos, and Alola regions have been largely untouched, but there have been recent reports of Team Plasma in both regions…

Nobody has seen or heard from King N, the hero who captured the legendary Pokemon Reshiram and defeated the Unova league. It is said that a trainer fought against N with the legendary Pokemon Zekrom at her side but was defeated. Strangely, neither of the two trainers have been seen or heard from in the past eight months in the wake of Team Plasma’s carefully staged uprising.

You are a trainer who has managed to hold on to their partner Pokemon in the wake of Plasma’s worldwide hack of the Pokemon storage system and decided to join the uprising against Team Plasma. Most trainers strong enough to keep their own Pokemon are convening in Snowpoint city to organize an uprising against Ghetsis and his seven sages. Will you join them?

News Broadcast:

1068293316_GhetsisNewsroom.jpg.fa81e9d59d3ba28808cfce6983d6488a.jpg

“Good afternoon, this is Ghetsis acting steward of Team Plasma in King N’s absence… Now I must say that I am very pleased with the majority of your compliance with N’s decree that all Pokemon not under Team Plasma’s temporary jurisdiction be released. This is imperative if we are to ever reach the bright future that we all strive to see… but…” Ghetsis said, his eyes drifting away from the camera as he seemed to take a more somber tone.

“There are those among you who greedily hold on to Pokemon and treat them like slaves under the guise that they are your partners.” Ghetsis sneered, a sliver of rage backing his words. But he straightened, and took a more diplomatic tone. “I’m afraid that your days with your precious Pokemon are numbered. Pokemon will never feel complete… They will never be complete with human intervention… And if you’re still foolish enough to believe that forcing Pokemon to fight with each other and do your bidding is humane? Know this!” He said, leaning forward and looking directly into the camera. “The selfless ranks of Team Plasma are coming for you, all of you! You can only run from us for so long, soon the entire world will know true peace, and nothing will stand in our way!”

Rules and things of note:

1. First and foremost all of Reborn's rules will apply here and on the Pokemon Dark White server. No exceptions

2. This is a serious roleplay, and I expect everyone who applies to put some intelligent thought into their character or characters. If you come to me with a flimsy paragraph backstory, unless it is some George R.R. Martin level writing, do not be surprised if I decline your character application

A. That being said, you are more than welcome to build on a declined application and come back with a stronger one.

B. I feel the need to say this specifically, but if you are planning on writing an edgelord… Unless you’re a very good writer please steer away from this. This is Pokemon, which has its fair share of edgy characters (some better than others) but most trainers are good people. There is nothing wrong with having a little edge to your character, these are dark times after all, but please do not overdo it.

C. If I feel your character is a Mary Sue (too perfect) I will smite thy application indiscriminately.

D. If a character becomes too perfect, I may have the main story chuck a brick at their face to make them… more human. What I mean by that is that if your character ends up being too perfect they may be forced into an impossible situation, and I do believe in no-win scenarios. In life, it is possible to do everything right and still fail. The same will be true in Dark White.

3. This is primarily a free-form RP focusing on characters and storytelling, but each character should (unless you want to be a special case) have a partner Pokemon, and will be expected to battle at some point. Throughout the story, your character and their Pokemon will grow. But Pokemon will be treated fairly if you fight a level 70 Blastoise with your level 36 Charizard… Don’t be surprised if you lose.

A. You will be expected to choose your Pokemon’s moveset, which can and likely will change.

B. Your Pokemon is only allowed to have one move that can only be learned by TM.

C. I will give your Pokemon it’s level and stats so that it scales appropriately with everyone else. No legendaries obviously, pseudo-legends are allowed but they will probably be a lower level than most others so that their stat totals roughly match.

4. If for whatever reason you’re unable to post for a notable period of time I will likely contact you personally regarding what you want to do with your character in the main story. I will never do anything unfair to players that are unable to post themselves, but if you simply do not respond for an unreasonable amount of time I will probably ‘bench’ your character for the time being.

5. I’m going to say that this RP is “16+” rated. Moderate language is allowed, semi-mature themes, some sexual themes (keep it moderate. I will smite your character if I deem them too ‘promiscuous.’ Please keep that in mind), moderate violence will be expected, and crude humor, of course, is encouraged.

Character Application Template:

Name:
Alias (optional):
Birthplace:
Former Residence:

Orientation:
Prior Occupation:
Marital Status:

Reason For Joining: (Why your character decided to join the Uprising. Could be to fight Plasma, could only be for safety in numbers. Up to you)

Partner Pokemon: (Should be around level 35-40)

Moveset:

Physical Description:

Personality:

(Should at the very least be one paragraph)

Biography:

(Here’s where you put your non-edgy and non-perfect backstory)

Side note:

I’ve probably never talked with most of you, but I used to be involved in a few RPs back in the day (all of which died rather undramatically) but since then I’ve been in a lot of roleplays that involved a lot of time and character building (which also died undramatically). Recently when playing through White, I was thinking back to some of those old role plays and I thought what if I lost this fight? What if Ghetsis’s plan worked? I was infatuated with the idea and felt the need to put it to paper, and well… here we are.

That’s more or less what I wanted to say. Don’t be afraid to reach out to me if you have any questions, ideas, or concerns for the good of the order. If you want a quicker response, my discord is M Cowher#6638.
The Discord server for this is now live, anyone is free to join to help build their character, spectate, or just chat. 

https://discord.gg/U6afJ9r

Thanks,

Cowher

Name:  Christopher Hayden
Alias: Reef
Birthplace: Virbank City
Former Residence: Sunyshore City

Orientation: Straight
Prior Occupation: Gym Trainer
Marital Status: Single

Reason For Joining: "These people took away my Pokémon and my home. Do you think I'm just going to let them have it?"

Partner Pokemon: Luxio

Moveset: Thunder Fang, Bite, Charge, Double Kick

Physical Description: Chris has blonde hair and blue eyes. He is tall and thin and looks young.. He typically wears casual clothing, such as a T-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. He rarely wears anything dressier than a blazer. When he is feeling impatient, he taps his foot incessantly., as if to say "Let's get going already!" 

Personality: Chris is rambunctious and rarely afraid to speak his mind. He's a very reckless and rebellious person, having very little tolerance for authority. While he will generally follow the rules, if only to evade punishment, when the rules are, in his words, "stupid", he is the last to follow them. He is stubborn to a fault and generally intolerant of other people's viewpoints. In spite of this, he has a strong sense of justice and cares deeply for his Pokémon. When others threaten them, he will always come to their aid, and the same goes for anyone he is friends with. 

Biography: Chris was born in Virbank City. Virbank City is known as "the city of falling fog and rising stars"; it is a city where the local Gym Leader is a punk rocker and the air is filled with smoke. Thus, it is not really surprising that Chris is a bit of a delinquent. It is not like he grew up in the slums, but one's upbringing does reflect one's environment, and his environment was quite literally toxic. He is a "city kid", through and through. Thus his friend group had a lot of hallmarks of a "gang", even if he did not commit any crimes. He's loyal to his friends, first and foremost, and all of that started here.

From an early age, Chris has been deeply interested in Pokémon, especially Electric-type Pokémon. Thus, when he got his first Pokémon as a pet (a Shinx named "Starr"), he cared deeply for it. He went off on a brief adventure, like how most Trainers do. He never really got very far; family issues came up and he had to come back home. But it did give him some experience with training Pokémon, and Chris would readily use this experience by battling other Trainers. 

Eventually, when he was a bit older. Chris got a bit of a job opportunity. Some word of mouth was spreading, and an "anonymous benefactor"-which Chris suspects to have been Virbank's Gym Leader, Roxie sent a tip to an Electric-type Gym Leader that this Trainer was an Electric-type expert. Volkner accepted this tip, and so Chris ended up moving to Sunyshore, where he became a Gym Leader. It was not long afterwards that Chris lost his Pokémon to Team Plasma. 

Afterwards, he heard about how Unova was now lead by Team Plasma and was horrified. When the same thing happened to Sinnoh, enough was enough. Chris took on the name of "Reef" and moved to Snowpoint, where he now fights as part of the rebellion. His personality might not endear him to the other members, but "Reef"'s goal is clear; and few are more passionate about it then he is.

Spoiler

Hopefully his backstory is long enough and he isn't too edgy. If you have some sort of criticism, let me know.

Three big things, firstly Virbank wouldn't technically have a gym when he grew up. From what we know from BW/B2W2, Roxie wasn't part of the eight gyms for the pokemon league. The gym probably existed, but not in the traditional manner that you think.

Second, I think this was a mistake, but Volkner is the leader of Sunnyshore. Many of the gym leaders from different regions will be playing roles in this story, and without spoiling much Volkner will at the very least be present in Snowpoint City during the introduction. (Snowpoint is where the Uprising HQ is for the moment.) I think this might have been a mistake on your part, but worth fixing. That said, Chris would have probably traveled with Volkner to Snowpoint after Team Plasma started moving in on Sinnoh.

Last, most pokemon should be around level 35 - 40 for this RP(my bad I should have mentioned that), so unless you want to be a special case you may want to bump up to a Luxray.

I'll re-evaluate when you fix those things, other than that not bad.

1 hour ago, M_Cowher said:

Three big things, firstly Virbank wouldn't technically have a gym when he grew up. From what we know from BW/B2W2, Roxie wasn't part of the eight gyms for the pokemon league. The gym probably existed, but not in the traditional manner that you think.

Second, I think this was a mistake, but Volkner is the leader of Sunnyshore. Many of the gym leaders from different regions will be playing roles in this story, and without spoiling much Volkner will at the very least be present in Snowpoint City during the introduction. (Snowpoint is where the Uprising HQ is for the moment.) I think this might have been a mistake on your part, but worth fixing. That said, Chris would have probably traveled with Volkner to Snowpoint after Team Plasma started moving in on Sinnoh.

Last, most pokemon should be around level 35 - 40 for this RP(my bad I should have mentioned that), so unless you want to be a special case you may want to bump up to a Luxray.

I'll re-evaluate when you fix those things, other than that not bad.

OK, I'll edit this later to fix those things.

One thing worth noting is that I didn't actually know whether or not Volkner was the Gym Leader (I assumed he was?) which was why I didn't mention him. Hence why I said Gym Trainer, not Gym Leader. He worked for him, probably.  My headcanon has always been that 8 Gym Badges is how many you need to enter the Pokémon League and not as many as each region has, but if that's not the case in your setting that's totally fine. I'll upgrade his Luxio to a Luxray, trust me.

Editing this into the initial post, but the Discord Server for Dark White is now live and anyone is free to join. If you want information regarding lore pertaining to certain regions of characters Kanto-Sinnoh is available now on the server. And of course, any other questions can be addressed to me

https://discord.gg/U6afJ9r

Man, it's been quite a while since I last RP'd, but Black and White are my favourite Gen so I'm quite interested in joining.

I'll probably make a character soon-ish and apply, if the signups are still open.

10 hours ago, PigeonOfAstora said:

Man, it's been quite a while since I last RP'd, but Black and White are my favourite Gen so I'm quite interested in joining.

I'll probably make a character soon-ish and apply, if the signups are still open.

There are only two slots available left on the server for characters.

Going to close applications now, I've got a lot more people than I thought would actually be interested, and already accepted more people than I originally thought I would. Thanks for all of the effort you put into your apps (or may not have). Anyone can spectate on the server if they want, and applications may re-open in the future. Naturally, you'll get a quicker heads-up if you stay on the Discord, but hey that's just me.