Rate My Current Team

SilverJakler

Just beat Fern and about to head over to Cain to get the key for the Wastelands. My team so far is:

Marshtomp (Lv 34) - Protect, Water Pledge, Rock Slide and Mud Bomb

Charjabug (Lv 33) - Spark, Acrobatics, X-Scissor, Crunch

Meowstic F (Lv 35) - Shadow Ball, Fake Out, Extrasenory Charge Beam

Roselia (Lv 34) - Giga Drain, Toxic Spikes, Nature Power, Stun Spore

Growlithe (Lv 34) - Flamethrower, Reversal, Bite, Morning Sun

Ursaring (Lv 34) - Slash, Lick, Feint Attack, Rock Smash

Also, is the Move Relearner available at the point I'm at?

56 minutes ago, SilverJakler said:

Just beat Fern and about to head over to Cain to get the key for the Wastelands. My team so far is:

Marshtomp (Lv 34) - Protect, Water Pledge, Rock Slide and Mud Bomb

Charjabug (Lv 33) - Spark, Acrobatics, X-Scissor, Crunch

Meowstic F (Lv 35) - Shadow Ball, Fake Out, Extrasenory Charge Beam

Roselia (Lv 34) - Giga Drain, Toxic Spikes, Nature Power, Stun Spore

Growlithe (Lv 34) - Flamethrower, Reversal, Bite, Morning Sun

Ursaring (Lv 34) - Slash, Lick, Feint Attack, Rock Smash

Also, is the Move Relearner available at the point I'm at?

Looking at Cain's team, you should be fine. IIrc, you need 5 badges to be able to get the House Key, which opens the door to Move Relearner house.

House Key
Found in the Underground Railnet, in the part after the Yureyu building, behind a Rock Smashable shadow on the wall (or in the Subrailnet after solving the rails puzzle to open the door on the left, again behind a Rock Smashable shadow on the wall)

Edited by Nebulazure

6 hours ago, Nebulazure said:

Looking at Cain's team, you should be fine. IIrc, you need 5 badges to be able to get the House Key, which opens the door to Move Relearner house.

House Key
Found in the Underground Railnet, in the part after the Yureyu building, behind a Rock Smashable shadow on the wall (or in the Subrailnet after solving the rails puzzle to open the door on the left, again behind a Rock Smashable shadow on the wall)

Awesome, thanks! Any potential new team members I should know about? How long should I keep some of these guys?

Just now, SilverJakler said:

Awesome, thanks! Any potential new team members I should know about? How long should I keep some of these guys?

Plenty, you're going to have Inkay available shortly (headbutt trees in the next area you get to explore) and that's a particularly fun 'mon to use. I've personally had good success with Alolan Marowack and Escavalier (catch a Shellmet on Azurine island, the opportunity to trade is coming up shortly), but that's probably because I'm running Trick Room.

As far as "How long", however long you like. Granted, there are still likely to be some pokemon that'll underperform going forward. You won't be able to evolve Charjabug into Vikavolt until another four badges from now (at earliest). Meowstic F is likely reaching the end of her usefulness as well, but you shouldn't be in any hurry to find a replacement.

Any particular strategy or ideas that you want to pursue for your team going forward? Any pokemon that you particularly like?

11 minutes ago, Autumneverlast said:

Plenty, you're going to have Inkay available shortly (headbutt trees in the next area you get to explore) and that's a particularly fun 'mon to use. I've personally had good success with Alolan Marowack and Escavalier (catch a Shellmet on Azurine island, the opportunity to trade is coming up shortly), but that's probably because I'm running Trick Room.

As far as "How long", however long you like. Granted, there are still likely to be some pokemon that'll underperform going forward. You won't be able to evolve Charjabug into Vikavolt until another four badges from now (at earliest). Meowstic F is likely reaching the end of her usefulness as well, but you shouldn't be in any hurry to find a replacement.

Any particular strategy or ideas that you want to pursue for your team going forward? Any pokemon that you particularly like?

Not really going for a big strategy, just want a nice balanced team of mons I like. 

My first time playing through I had a Meowstic F and she fell off really hard in the later part of the game, so was wondering when I should bench her. As for Charjabug I'd love to have an Electivire at some point to be my Electric type, as it's my all time favorite Pokemon. But iirc, you can't get one till MUCH later. Also my last playthrough I think I had an Escavalier. Was pretty fun, so might add one to this team. As for Inkay, I think that might be a good replacement for Meowstic. Unfortunatley a lot of my favorites are still down the road. Been toying with the idea of adding a Dusknoir to the mix at some point. I'm open to any more suggestions!

Not really going for a big strategy, just want a nice balanced team of mons I like. 

My first time playing through I had a Meowstic F and she fell off really hard in the later part of the game, so was wondering when I should bench her. As for Charjabug I'd love to have an Electivire at some point to be my Electric type, as it's my all time favorite Pokemon. But iirc, you can't get one till MUCH later. Also my last playthrough I think I had an Escavalier. Was pretty fun, so might add one to this team. As for Inkay, I think that might be a good replacement for Meowstic. Unfortunatley a lot of my favorites are still down the road. Been toying with the idea of adding a Dusknoir to the mix at some point. I'm open to any more suggestions!

Have you done the Mystery Egg sidequest? There is a chance to get Elekid from the egg and even if you don't get it, odds are good that you'll get SOMETHING nice. Otherwise Electivire is indeed quite far down the road (8 more badges iirc). Other than that, you're looking pretty solid. Ursaring might not last too much longer, but you can almost certainly keep that one up through the current episode.

14 minutes ago, Autumneverlast said:

Have you done the Mystery Egg sidequest? There is a chance to get Elekid from the egg and even if you don't get it, odds are good that you'll get SOMETHING nice. Otherwise Electivire is indeed quite far down the road (8 more badges iirc). Other than that, you're looking pretty solid. Ursaring might not last too much longer, but you can almost certainly keep that one up through the current episode.

Yeah, I got a Staryu out of the Mystery Egg, but I've already got Marshtomp. I'd rather not double up on types if I can help it. As for the current episode, where would that end? Don't worry about spoilers in this part of the game, I've done everything up to I think Charlotte before.

Yeah, I got a Staryu out of the Mystery Egg, but I've already got Marshtomp. I'd rather not double up on types if I can help it. As for the current episode, where would that end? Don't worry about spoilers in this part of the game, I've done everything up to I think Charlotte before.

The current episode nets you the 17th badge by the end, which puts your cap at level 95.

And Staryu's good, but I can understand wanting to not double up. In that case, you will have to get past Charlotte in order to get yourself an Elekid and then a little further to get the Electrizer to evolve it into an Electivire, so you have a ways to go, unfortunately. Looking ahead, you have Poison, Ice, and Normal coming up, so prepare for those. It may not be a bad idea to have a temporary replacement lined up for Roselia, but it isn't something you should need to worry about either, especially with Swampert stomping through things. You seem to be pretty well set, best of luck!

10 hours ago, Autumneverlast said:

Reveal hidden contents

The current episode nets you the 17th badge by the end, which puts your cap at level 95.

And Staryu's good, but I can understand wanting to not double up. In that case, you will have to get past Charlotte in order to get yourself an Elekid and then a little further to get the Electrizer to evolve it into an Electivire, so you have a ways to go, unfortunately. Looking ahead, you have Poison, Ice, and Normal coming up, so prepare for those. It may not be a bad idea to have a temporary replacement lined up for Roselia, but it isn't something you should need to worry about either, especially with Swampert stomping through things. You seem to be pretty well set, best of luck!

Thanks!