I feel concerned about upcoming EP19

TK3600

With so much content to cover, is it even possible to keep the quality? Most of legendary are not found. I am expecting a small story branch for every one of them, seeing even ordinary pokemon like growlithe had the whole police quest. There is like more than a dozen legendary pokemons. Dozens of mini-side quests. That will be mind numbing to think about.

There are many items and TM not found yet. I doubt we are finding them easily, they will be likely locked in a puzzle like before. How many puzzles would it take to place them so they dont feel crammed? I think 3 areas at least.

Then there is the gym battle and elite 4.

Then there is the final boss arc.

So to sum up, each point is almost worth an episode of contents. We are looking at minimum 4 episodes of content crammed into 1. In pokemon terms it will be like a normal move vs a 4X effective move. How would it be possible to finish in 1. Are we going to wait 3 years for full quality? Or are we going to feel game being rushed on EP19?

• Global Mods

I definitely wouldn't say it's 4 episodes worth of content. the rest of the story and stuff before the Elite 4 is 1 (albeit kinda large) episode, and then postgame is like an episode of content but made entirely of sidequests.   

But yes, the E19 development cycle will be significantly longer than normal, quite likely not releasing in 2019. Rest assured though, Ame and the other devs aren't going to let the standard of quality slip just because it's the final stretch. if anything because it's the final version it should be extra polished

(this isn't Insurgence)

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

I definitely wouldn't say it's 4 episodes worth of content. the rest of the story and stuff before the Elite 4 is 1 (albeit kinda large) episode, and then postgame is like an episode of content but made entirely of sidequests.   

But yes, the E19 development cycle will be significantly longer than normal, quite likely not releasing in 2019. Rest assured though, Ame and the other devs aren't going to let the standard of quality slip just because it's the final stretch. if anything because it's the final version it should be extra polished

(this isn't Insurgence)

So you are some kind of insider? The other poster said legendary will be grouped, so that shortens it from dozens of side quest to 10~ side quests. Still pretty long.

On a unrelated note, in your signature, how did you have pokemon sprite with anti-aliasing and softening treated? Is it possible to mod them in game?

• Global Mods
22 minutes ago, TK3600 said:

So you are some kind of insider? The other poster said legendary will be grouped, so that shortens it from dozens of side quest to 10~ side quests. Still pretty long.

On a unrelated note, in your signature, how did you have pokemon sprite with anti-aliasing and softening treated? Is it possible to mod them in game?

I'm mostly just making estimates based on past discussion about the topic.  

Have PM'ed you about the textures because it's unrelated to this topic

21 minutes ago, TK3600 said:

I'd be hesitant to refer to anyone who isn't a dev as "an insider," but there are plenty of people who have been involved in this community for plenty of time, which allows us to know Ame and the devs on a more personal level and get an understanding of the standard rate of development.  By being active, we also tend to be around when Ame makes statements in regards to her plans or when she chooses to answer questions such as the ones you've posed.  Outside of Ame and the devs, people who would be closest to knowing what's going on are Ame's Patreon supporters, as part of our benefits for donations include updates from Ame about the development of her games.  Though we're not exactly supposed to disclose the details of those updates, so we can really only disclose what we know Ame's made public statements about.  (This probably sounds super formal but I can assure you Ame's a big old dork and half of these statements are beautifully scatterbrained).  

Now to answer your original questions, similarly to what has been said before, Ame and the dev team would be kicking themselves endlessly if they felt they released an update, especially the final installment, that wasn't up to par with or even better than the previous ones.  However, to ensure quality, this will result in quite a waiting time.  The longest waiting period we've had was for E16, which took between a year and a half to two years to be released simply because of the daunting task of mapping Neo Reborn City, which I think we can all agree was brilliantly executed.  If I remember correctly, Ame has said to expect a waiting period equal to or greater in length than E16's waiting period.  Now as for the legendaries, as ICSW already said, in order to keep the devs from going insane trying to carefully place each legendary in the perfect locations across Reborn, they're most likely going to be grouped together by their themes.  It might feel slightly less organic, but for everyone's sake, it feels more like a necessary sacrifice.

So to summarize, I'd shoot for maybe 2 years rather than 3.  It's going to be a difficult wait, but one that I can ensure will be rewarding!

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, TK3600 said:

What about insurgence?

It felt incredibly rushed and was released with several game breaking bugs and you could only find the patch for the bugs on the discord server.

And for about the first month there was no primary guide on the forums or the wiki that people kept commenting on my videos that I was more accurate than the insurgence site

• Upvote 2

Just now, Juice said:

Insurgence didn't have the active community Reborn does. That doesn't absolve the devs, but also seems like unnecessary hate. 

On the contrary, that smaller community was likely very faithful to the game and stuck around waiting for it and that's what they got, not saying that reborn's community is less faithful but i would say there is a good few only really hanging around for questions they need answering or to constantly ask when the next episode is due out.

• Developers
On 10/27/2018 at 5:04 PM, TK3600 said:

The legendary pokemon being grouped I believe was stated on Ame's tumblr where people can ask her questions and she'll usually give a response.