What if we refused to steal?

SophieChieko

I chose the Aqua gang and I stole the Ponyta from Mrs Craudberry to get Ponyta and the bike. But I asked the question too late, after finishing the quest and saved the game... Was there another solution to have byciclette and Ponyta? And were we really forced to team up with one of the gangs to progress in the game? I admit that despite my love for this beautiful game, I really did not like this part that I found a little immoral ... Helping the bad guys? Steal a Pokemon like the Team Meteor? Come on... 

So I wonder, what if we escaped from the house after fighting the Magma gang and without steal the Pokemon? No reward for a good action? 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, SophieChieko said:

I chose the Aqua gang and I stole the Ponyta from Mrs Craudberry to get Ponyta and the bike. But I asked the question too late, after finishing the quest and saved the game... Was there another solution to have byciclette and Ponyta? And were we really forced to team up with one of the gangs to progress in the game? I admit that despite my love for this beautiful game, I really did not like this part that I found a little immoral ... Helping the bad guys? Steal a Pokemon like the Team Meteor? Come on... 

So I wonder, what if we escaped from the house after fighting the Magma gang and without steal the Pokemon? No reward for a good action? 

Ponyta can be found a little later and you don't have to join a gang instantly but a time will come where only being on a gang can give you access to a specific area that needs to move the story. You get the bike voucher no matter what you do on that quest line. So there is literally no penalty for your decision

49 minutes ago, VagusY said:

Mrs Craudberry is evil and you're not done ruining her day 😛

40 minutes ago, Alistair said:

If that is any consolation, Ponyta is probably going to be better with you than with Craudbury. And the Aqua gang people really aren't that bad.

Oh, so maybe I misunderstood the story and have reversed the roles... I feel better if finally, it's not a bad action 🙂

Maybe it's because of my comprehension of the english language.

I love the seriousness of Reborn (suicide, murder...) but I want that our character keep nice and heroic 🙂 

Thank you for your answers everyone!

On 10/27/2018 at 11:21 PM, TK3600 said:

I felt bad too. Do not worry, later on you will realize Aqua gang is not just that bad. The old lady however is pretty evil.

How! Interesting! Because for the moment I understood that the old lady is just paranoiac, emotionally disturbed and rich (and maybe she worked hard to gain her wealth?). So I haven't realized she could be "evil". But if you say that... I can't wait for discovering more about this story of gangs and old woman

Guest Relinquished
5 hours ago, SophieChieko said:

As the Psychic gym leader in Reborn would say, too; "Wrong is sometimes right. In is often out. And sometimes up may be the only way down".

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...