Good Morning everyone! Finished episode 18 for a long while now and i have had alot of time on my hands, so i decided to build a team that utilizes the Rainbow Field effect to its fullest potential (or at least what i believe to be) So im gonna post my current team here, their sets and the reasons why they are on the team and i want your honest opinions and feedback. Note: This is the best iteration of the team ive come up with after many days of testing in ep 17 sandbox mode, then breeding and ev training in episode 18 once i got the team that i felt was the best iteration. 

aggron-mega.gifThe Tank (Level 94)

Aggron @Aggronite

Ability: Sturdy (Filter after Mega)

Nature: Careful

IVs: Maxed

EVs: 252 HP 252 Sp.Def 4 Atk

Moves: Bulldoze, Heavy Slam, Ice Punch, Rock Slide

This guy is the great wall of f****** china. Along with the support from rainbow empowered Wish (via Clefable) This thing does not die and hits like a bus. Very good for switching into poison types to protect the fairies on the team as well as tank Rock type attacks. Bulldoze is amazing coverage as well as utility for making enemy mons slower, giving my other mons the speed advantage.

electivire.gif Ohm (Level 94)

Electivire @Electrium Z

Ability: Motor Drive

Nature: Jolly

EVs: 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP

Moves: Wild Charge, Bulldoze, Ice Punch, Meditate

This is the premier (yet unexpected) sweeper of my rainbow field team. This guy protects everyone on my team who is weak to electric type moves (and there are alot of them) while gaining a +1 boost in speed thanks to Motor Drive. Rainbow boosted Meditate makes abso-freaking-lutely no sense AT ALL, giving a +3 boost to Electivire's attack and turning him into a walking nuke. After that boost, there is nothing that this guy cannot kill in one hit and that shocked me during testing (excuse the lame pun)

togekiss.gif Gloxinia (Level 94)

Togekiss @Choice Scarf

Ability: Serene Grace

Nature: Timid

EVs: 252 SpAtk 252 Spe 4 HP

Moves: Fly, Air Slash, Dazzling Gleam, Aura Sphere

The rainbow field effect doubles the chances of added effects, and Togekiss' ability increases the chances of additional effects on top of that. Simply put: Air Slash = perma-flinch. As long as Togekiss is faster, then no questions asked. The enemy Pokemon WILL flinch. Aura Sphere gets boosted but the rainbow as well, so there are coverage options outside of perma-flinching.

clefable.gif Astra (Level 94)

Clefable @Magical Seed

Ability: Magic Guard

Nature: Bold

EVs: 252 HP 252 Def 4 SpAtk

Moves: Wish, Moonblast, Cosmic Power, Protect

In the rainbow field, magic seed increases your SPAtk by one stage and gives you healing wish. In addition, one rainbow boosted cosmic power makes Clefable as tanky as (or even tankier than) Mega Aggron. The rainbow field also increases the healing effect of Wish to a ridiculous 75% of Max HP, combined with protect, this makes it a more effective healing method than Softboiled, since it can also heal other party members on switch-in. Moonblast gets a boost from the rainbow field as well, so in combination with the magical seed boost, Clefable can dish out ridiculous amounts of damage while receiving very little in return.

ninetales.gif Kitsune (Level 94)

Ninetales @Heat Rock

Ability: Drought

Nature: Timid

EVs: 252 SpAtk 252 Spe 4 HP

Moves: Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Hypnosis, Will-o-Wisp

The first part to creating the rainbow field effect. Ninetales is a great support for the rest of the team in form of Hypnosis and Will-O-Wisp. Because the rainbow field is a terrain, it means that sun and rain weather effects persist even after the field is created and can be refresh permanently as long as rain or sun is present on the field. This makes Ninetales a great offensive threat when sun is active because of a boosted Flamethrower and a first turn Solarbeam.

pelipper.gifTefnut (Level 94)

Pelipper @Damp Rock

Ability: Drizzle

Nature: Bold

EVs: 252 HP 252 Def 4 Spe

Moves: Tailwind, Surf, Icy Wind, Hurricane

The final part to creating the rainbow field effect. Pelipper has great bulk and has fantastic supporting options with Tailwind and Icy Wind. For the same reasons as Ninetales, the weather effect it brings gives it offensive options in a rain boosted Surf and a 100% accurate STAB Hurricane, which gets its chance of confusion doubled in the rainbow field. 

Im seriously considering swapping someone out for a Primarina because of the combination of a rainbow AND rain boosted Sparkling Aria, as well as rainbow boosted Moonblast with Primarina's massive base 126 SpAtk stat...Heres the set im thinking of

primarina.gif 

Primarina @Magical Seed

Ability: Torrent

Nature: Modest

EVs: 252 SPAtk 252 Spe 4 HP

Moves: Sparkling Aria, Moonblast, Icy Wind, Perish Song

Tell me what you guys think and give me some feedback about changes in members, movesets etc. Have a great day

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seconding the question above, I really don't know how to counter your team, except by setting up sand or hail maybe.

Did you have trouble against opponents in-game since the moment you were able to acquire this team? I mean, story-wise, you need to reach at least neo-Reborn in order to get most of your mons.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 1:48 PM, Teto said:

Seconding the question above, I really don't know how to counter your team, except by setting up sand or hail maybe.

Did you have trouble against opponents in-game since the moment you were able to acquire this team? I mean, story-wise, you need to reach at least neo-Reborn in order to get most of your mons.

I did everything post game. this isnt the team i went through the game with. I was trying to think of different concepts instead of just running every OP pokemon known to mankind on one team going into ep19. Took me a full day to come up with a team that worked , but then i found other pokemon that did the job better and thats how i came up with this team in the end. I used sandbox mode to test my theories, then on my ep 18 file i caught and bred the pokemon accordingly. was a lengthy process but ep19 is gonna be fun af now. 

On 12/3/2018 at 1:40 PM, Chameleon109 said:

This is awesome, man. I love when people develop themed sets like this. How exactly did you test them? Was it on the Leaders and "boss battles" in the story, or just random trainers?

ep 17 sandbox mode for theory testing, then capture and breed for moves and ivs in my ep 18 file. the battle testing was done on the trainers in the grand hall around their levels.

• 3 years later...
On 12/19/2018 at 11:59 PM, Seran said:

I did everything post game. this isnt the team i went through the game with. I was trying to think of different concepts instead of just running every OP pokemon known to mankind on one team going into ep19. Took me a full day to come up with a team that worked , but then i found other pokemon that did the job better and thats how i came up with this team in the end. I used sandbox mode to test my theories, then on my ep 18 file i caught and bred the pokemon accordingly. was a lengthy process but ep19 is gonna be fun af now. 

I read this topic a while ago and remembered it as I was going through E19. I'm really curious if you did go through the postgame with it, and how well it did ! To be frank, I love the field effects mechanic so much, and designing a team around creating and using a specific one is just the coolest strategy.