Rainbow field and move-type changing abilities

Progfan_r

How does the rainbow field stack with move-type changing abilities like Pixilate or Galvanize?

We know that in the rainbow field, special Normal moves increase in power by 1.5 times and they have a random type added.

Abilities like Pixilate change the type of Normal moves to Fairy moves and increase their power by 1.2 times.

But how do these 2 effects stack?

Does a Pixilate and Rainbow field-boosted Hyper Voice become a pure Fairy-type move? Or does it become Fairy+ a random type? Do the power boosts stack?

• Global Mods

I don't have testing to back it up right now, but I'm pretty sure the way it's supposed to work is the ability transformation is applied first, and then it's affected by the field based just on its new type

The move SHOULD gain both offensive typing AND -ate boost. Some sources confirmed that the additional typing mechanic of terrains works like Flying Press. Flying press is a fighting move which adds flying type damage as an additional effect. However, if you use ion deluge or plasma fists and the flying press user has normalize it becomes electric. This means that the move will be an electric type move, but will deal additional flying type damage. Same here, the move is originally normal, therefore it applies the random type add + damage boost AND it changes typing. However, i'll test it. If it works, Gardevoir is overpowered in Rainbow Field (just kidding, Naganadel, Metagross and Mawile are too good to make her even able to do something in reborn meta)