Down memory lane *spoilers*

Damage

So after taking the *rare candy* drug trip from Pulse-08 I'm left feeling nostalgic. Our whole adventure all wrapped up and coming to a close soon. Plus seeing the stories behind so many characters and the obvious family meetup that everyone and their grandmother called back in episode 11 was nice. Also great feeling knowing that 5 fucking gym leaders combined can't beat us. (literally still grinning from that 20 minutes later) What's everyone's thoughts on the hard as balls gauntlet of battles as well as the story up to this point. 

P.s I have not entered the new city after fighting Pulse-08 and I'm trying to be as anti-spoilers just in case anyone wanders in here by accident.

1 minute ago, Damage said:

So after taking the *rare candy* drug trip from Pulse-08 I'm left feeling nostalgic. Our whole adventure all wrapped up and coming to a close soon. Plus seeing the stories behind so many characters and the obvious family meetup that everyone and their grandmother called back in episode 11 was nice. Also great feeling knowing that 5 fucking gym leaders combined can't beat us. (literally still grinning from that 20 minutes later) What's everyone's thoughts on the hard as balls gauntlet of battles as well as the story up to this point. 

P.s I have not entered the new city after fighting Pulse-08 and I'm trying to be as anti-spoilers just in case anyone wanders in here by accident.

Well 4 leaders and a rival but yeah. It only took me 3 tries to beat them all and I never struggled with Luna. It was nice seeing Serra actually being relevant for once. Also spoiler locks are off so no need for spoiler tags here 😛

• Veterans
Just now, Abyssreaper99 said:

Well 4 leaders and a rival but yeah. It only took me 3 tries to beat them all and I never struggled with Luna. It was nice seeing Serra actually being relevant for once. Also spoiler locks are off so no need for spoiler tags here 😛

Technically 5, Cain IS a backup.

Shelly is a beast, Cain/Luna/Radomus/Serra are a joke. nuff said.

• Veterans
Just now, Abyssreaper99 said:

I thought Cain was a back up until he retired and gave his position to Aya?

I'd say he still counts under that category regardless. You essentially fought 5 Gym Leaders in a row.

The battles were hard but not impossible (like I'd felt the Fiore mansion one had been), managed to win the second try. I wish though that Bennett would've given us full restores and max revives because then I would've been able to win the first try lol

• Veterans
3 minutes ago, GGLL said:

Out of curiosity, what did you guys use during the Gauntlet ? I personally struggled alot, so I want to see how everyone here managed to defeat it. Just in case I want to replay the game at some point.

My team was Arcanine/Mega Pidgeot/Garchomp/Lilligant/Absol/Empoleon. I had an early speed bump with Shelly who took me 3-4 attempts to beat(Cain I could literally ignore.) But after that I just steamrolled the rest of it. The strategy was abusing Lilligant's Sleep Powder and Arcanine's Intimidate to allow Garchomp/Pidgeot/Lilligant/Absol to set up and sweep them entirely.

Skarmory (stealth rock/tailwind/healing mains) Blaziken sweeper, Marshadow, Aegislash and Kommo-o. I took out Shelly first then 2v1 Cain. For Luna I had skarmory stealth rock then just fight until it died so i could safely switch. For Rad dad and Serra It was mainly attacking Serra since clefable is not very offensive. I switched Aegislash back and had him tank luna in the end so I could revive my party before fighting the doubles. It took me a fair amount of time but I eventually did it.

p.s I thought the void section was great. I wont lie it did go on for a long time but this journey has been long so it felt justified... my heart weeps for when the game comes to an end.

2 hours ago, Damage said:

Skarmory (stealth rock/tailwind/healing mains) Blaziken sweeper, Marshadow, Aegislash and Kommo-o. I took out Shelly first then 2v1 Cain. For Luna I had skarmory stealth rock then just fight until it died so i could safely switch. For Rad dad and Serra It was mainly attacking Serra since clefable is not very offensive. I switched Aegislash back and had him tank luna in the end so I could revive my party before fighting the doubles. It took me a fair amount of time but I eventually did it.

p.s I thought the void section was great. I wont lie it did go on for a long time but this journey has been long so it felt justified... my heart weeps for when the game comes to an end.

Marshadow? Interesting, i was under the impression that the mons that are Legendary/Mythical-ish that was obtainable so far were T:N/Silvally and Phione

Marshadow was hacked in. I'm doing a 4 mon run which should be titled "why would anyone want to lose two mons ever like an idiot starring me" I've had to break the rule several times because as you can guess 4 mons makes this game hard.