So, another Smash Bros Leak has come to the forefront...

ShadeStrider

If it's true, then I'm fine with it. No Incineroar? Decidueye playable? Sign me up!

But, this is a text leak, and it has a very slim chance of being true. Maybe... 7 percent? In Death Note, L did say that there was a 7 percent chance of Light being Kira. So, I'm not completely discrediting it.

Whether it's fake or real, It is very detailed. I'll give them credit for that.

The best part of this leak, the part that makes me so desperately want to believe in it, is the part where Incineroar won't be playable and Vergeben was wrong. And the World's Collide part. That would be amazing.

What are your thoughts?

The leak to end all leaks..png

If It's real, than whoever this person is will be hailed as a genius.

If it's fake, than he or she will be looked down upon as a fool.

Sigh...I guess I'll break it down what is going on and how much validity each of that comments statement has:

There Have Been Fake Leaks Within Nintendo

That is likely true. It's likely true that they've found the leaker and likely sued them because well what they are doing is a crime and really does deserve it. I'm not sure if they fake leaks were actual leaks but it's actually something companies do to catch people so it's just best to leave that at that. I think this is true and the only thing true.

October 24th Will Have a Smash Direct

Not true. I think there is a possibility that there is a direct which heavily focuses on Smash, but I feel like they would combine it with other games rather than just have it be on Smash. There's not much left to cover and there's quite a few big named games we have yet to see anything from. Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Metroid Prime, and Luigi's Mansion 3 are just a couple examples. There's also the possibility of surprise ports or HD remakes (please give us Xenosaga Port...please). As for the date, I think that is a ballpark number but it doesn't hold much validity if it's true or not. Something like that is easy to leak since a lot of people need to know to prepare for it. This should not be the reason you believe a leak to be true.

Ken and Incineroar

I have no idea. This leak actually held a lot of ground because we did the math and two characters fit on the box based on the design. We do not know who these two characters are, but Ken actually made a lot of sense given he and Ryu are major names. It'd also be very, very easy to make him and perhaps even easier than Dark Samus since he pretty much as Ryu's build. Incineroar is an interesting case as it's not one we can really explain and it seemed everyone hated the idea. That's kind of why it's believable because a fake leak wouldn't mention something really disliked or kind of ignored by the fandom. A fake leak would play on...

The New Fighters

I'm absolutely sure this is fake. The evidence is right in plain sight. There are rumors that there are fake rumors going on about the cast so just basing it off of what he says really shows that you can't really trust what this guy says. I would say that those are good guesses but I'd have to break it down to really see what information is correct and what isn't. We also know right now that the 2 characters is the only basis we have right now. We know there are at least two characters. We don't know who they are. 

Story Mode

Again, I have no idea on this. This is where I think it being fake falls into place. We can actually at least prove whether or not this is false by image editing the blurred image from the direct. Also take deep note on how he described it. Want me to break this even more:

e753b1000ad322a3beeb26bc85fc2332.png

Take a look to the pixels on the blurred image. The only letter I can truly make out is the second one being "p". This likely means it spells Special however that name doesn't work so Space could be it. I doubt it's about Tabu either as that'd pretty much spoil why Sakurai made Subspace in the first place (as he wanted to keep all the details under wraps). Yes, I am aware it is easy to mess with those pixels but even so, the word story would not work there. I don't think Smash Ultimate will have a story mode as I don't think they have the resources to pull it off in that short amount of time.

The Last Character Being Revealed in the Demo

This might be true, but that would upset a lot of the fans who don't have a Switch being locked at of a good quality video of the Smash Character. It's far too early to really say whether or not this is true or not especially considering our little "leaker" and this and the date are likely the two things they actually caught wind of out of everything.

-----------------------------------------

Sorry to be the bummer, but given all Smash leaks are usually fake (yes, even the Palutena one was fake which hilarious enough we needed the model to prove it), we can't really trust anyone. There's a bunch of other questionable things in this leak I could challenge or bring up, but do I need to? I do grow tired of how gullible the Smash community has become believing in any post they see. For now, I shall stick with Incineroar and Ken rumor until proven otherwise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lorisaur said:

I feel like it is fake. There would be no reason to describe in a so detailed way geno's trailer, seriously. No leaker would do that

It actually seemed that this leaker took scenarios from other leakers in putting this together. It’s fake, I have almost no doubts.

Almost. Like I said, 7 percent.

I wish. Decidueye, Geno, AND Shadow? Yes please! But I doubt it. October 24, no Ken, final character + demo... I take every "leak" with a grain of salt because I don't want to hype myself up and be so disappointed Ultimate becomes my most hated game ever (cough Sm4sh suck @ss cough). Although if it were true I'd still be sad about Isaac. 😢

Decidueyefan4life

3 hours ago, Smogoon Josh said:

I wish. Decidueye, Geno, AND Shadow? Yes please! But I doubt it. October 24, no Ken, final character + demo... I take every "leak" with a grain of salt because I don't want to hype myself up and be so disappointed Ultimate becomes my most hated game ever (cough Sm4sh suck @ss cough). Although if it were true I'd still be sad about Isaac. 😢

Decidueyefan4life

I actually don't find text leaks all that reliable, even if they are from someone like "Vergeben" or whoever. They are just saying things. They haven't shown viable proof. I didn't even believe Verge when he predicted the return of Snake and the arrival of Ridley.

The Ken leak is a picture, at least. It looks real. This is the type of leak that seems like a fair bit of effort was put in to make it look credible. It doesn't guarantee anything, but it looks better than any text leak. But nowhere have I got viable proof of Incineroar's presence in the game: Most people who believe Ken also believe Incineroar. But since Incineroar and Ken have been associated in text leaks, which I don't believe, I don't believe in Incineroar's presence in the game. Yet.