Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Will any pokemon become unobtainable with story progression?

Sovietclam

Question

Hey guys. Im really excited to start playing this game and im still really early in it (before first gym). I really like how this game looks and plays so im going to try and complete the pokedex as i go through it. My question is: are there any pokemon i need to be sure to snatch before i progress into certain parts?

For example, from browsing here i see that Reborn city is rebuilt at some point which changes the pokemon found in the city. You guys seem pretty nice about trading and helping people get pokemon they need, but i would like to catch most of them myself if i can help it.

What should i be on the lookout for, or should i just play normally and not focus on the dex for now?

9 answers to this question

As of the latest version, all Pokemon excluding Legendaries, Mythicals, etc., etc., are obtainable through the wild or events like trades or other types of encounters. None of them are limited so they can be repeated as many times as you want. So, i'd say you shouldn't worry at all.

Whismur in peridot ward available until defeat of first gym past that you can get loudred but uou have to give it back, definitely get Onix and igglybuff from the hiker and the lady respectfully as they are used for quests later, grubbin/joltik event until Corey gym but are available neo reborn

Tynamo from South peridot ward you can catch the evolved forms later

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

Whismur in peridot ward available until defeat of first gym past that you can get loudred but uou have to give it back, definitely get Onix and igglybuff from the hiker and the lady respectfully as they are used for quests later, grubbin/joltik event until Corey gym but are available neo reborn

I'm hijacking this a bit, but for that lady's quest does it still need to be an Igglybuff? I already evolved mine a long time ago

• Global Mods
28 minutes ago, Youmu9 said:

As of the latest version, all Pokemon excluding Legendaries, Mythicals, etc., etc., are obtainable through the wild or events like trades or other types of encounters. None of them are limited so they can be repeated as many times as you want. So, i'd say you shouldn't worry at all.

* A limited event refers to a scenario in which one must choose between two or more Pokemon, the others becoming unobtainable (so far), such as choosing starters.

So plenty are nonrepeatable.

However, if not in the current version, then in the final version, at minimum a pokemon should only be missable if you actively do their event but then choose to not catch them, or release them afterwards. so nothing should be unobtainable just from going past a certain story point, at least not permanently

Guest Relinquished
2 hours ago, Metadeth said:

I'm hijacking this a bit, but for that lady's quest does it still need to be an Igglybuff? I already evolved mine a long time ago

There is a workaround for this issue (losing or evolving event pokemon that should be returned)... Well, at least, it works for 7th street pokemon... Make an egg of it and hatch it, in the same location that the original is registered under (ex 7th street, Peridot Ward, etc).

Haven't tested it personally, but lots of people in various threads over time, before, suggested just that... Especially for 7th street pokemon (that should be returned to original trainers).

11 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

What is neo reborn? I haven't came across the onyx or grubbin/joltik event yet but i probably am just missing something or haven't fulfilled a condition yet.

Thanks for the help guys i feel a lot more confident going forward.

5 hours ago, Sovietclam said:

What is neo reborn? I haven't came across the onyx or grubbin/joltik event yet but i probably am just missing something or haven't fulfilled a condition yet.

Thanks for the help guys i feel a lot more confident going forward.

Grubbin joltik event is peridot ward apartment at night, Neo is the renovated reborn

Onyx if you talk to the hiker near the railway station he is on need of a home, after the first gym the place where whismer was becomes in need of a tenant

16 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

Grubbin joltik event is peridot ward apartment at night, Neo is the renovated reborn

Onyx if you talk to the hiker near the railway station he is on need of a home, after the first gym the place where whismer was becomes in need of a tenant

Ah i see, appreciate it man