??? Type Question for glitch field

Eclipse Blaze

I tried scouring bulbapedia for this information, but to no avail. I cannot figure out whether or not the ??? type multi-attack from my Silvally is a special or physical attack. I thought it was a physical attack, but swords dance does NOT seem to increase damage at all. Can some one tell me whether or not I am wasting turns using swords dance? It will be a close gym battle against Terra either way. I can't afford to waste precious turns against her Quagsire and Pallosand. Also was unaware that Nidoking could learn amnesia, but I guess you learn something new everyday. Please don't tell me to use another pokemon. I am attempting to do an all Silvally with set battle style run. If I use ANY other pokemon (with exception of eviolite type-null) or change battle style to switch, then I lose my challenge.

If this is in the wrong section (which I'm pretty sure it's not), then please move it to the right section.

Anywho can someone tell me whether ??? type multi-attack from my silvally is physical or special? I need to know if my swords dance is doing anything.

How do you even get a ??? type Multi Attack? To my knowledge without memory it becomes a Normal type but I think you already know that.

That aside, it should be a physical attack, but Quagsire has Unaware, which allows it to ignore your stat boosts, so Swords Dance should boost your physical attacks against anything but attacks would hit Quagsire as if they were unboosted

Edited by Metadeth

2 hours ago, Metadeth said:

How do you even get a ??? type Multi Attack? To my knowledge without memory it becomes a Normal type but I think you already know that.

That aside, it should be a physical attack, but Quagsire has Unaware, which allows it to ignore your stat boosts, so Swords Dance should boost your physical attacks against anything but attacks would hit Quagsire as if they were unboosted

Synthetic Seed i believe it was, changes your pokemon's type to ??? in the Glitch Field however i do not know if this makes Multi Attack ??? type.

2 minutes ago, Lord Drakyle said:

Synthetic Seed i believe it was, changes your pokemon's type to ??? in the Glitch Field however i do not know if this makes Multi Attack ??? type.

Ah, I've never really cared for seeds (nor do know the specifics of what exactly they boost), so I didn't know

EDIT: Just rechecked, so it was the Glitch Field's effect without requiring the seed

Edited by Metadeth