Clefable or Sylveon?

GingerBoss

a few questions to help us help you:

1) What role do you need?

2) just these two fairies or are there more options? because depending on the role others might be better.

3) are you looking for a pure fairy or is a duo type also good?

16 minutes ago, GingerBoss said:

Kinda want a bulkier fairy that has multiple options for offence or even setting up. Clefable and Sylveon are my two current option for where I am so far (Sheridan, new playthrough). 

Personally, I'd say Clefable is the better fairy but that kinda requires TMs and move tutors. At the point you're at, Sylveon would be the better option imo.

although I like Primarina better than both of those

Edit: I forget, do you have access to Calm Mind and/or move tutor at that point?

I'd say Sylveon is the better of the two, at least at this point in the game.

It has greater bulk overall, since Clefable only has like an 8 point difference in Physical Defense; They have the same base HP and Sylveon has waaaaaaaaay higher base Special Defense.

You'd also have to keep Clefabled as a Clefairy until it gets Moonblast... Which is at level 47 and the rest of the moves that make Clefable good aren't accessible until waaaaaaay later.

Where as Sylveon can have Pixilate to give it much needed Stab.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

Edit: I forget, do you have access to Calm Mind and/or move tutor at that point?

I don't think you get access to Calm Mind in the game, period.

And even if you did, Sylveon also gets Calm Mind, so...

2 minutes ago, Scyl said:
50 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

I don't think you get access to Calm Mind in the game, period.

And even if you did, Sylveon also gets Calm Mind, so...

Oh, I see. That was mainly referencing the fact that Calm Mind + Soft Boiled is a really good move combo, until I remembered that SB is a transfer only move.....

I guess Moonlight could work just as well, but since no CM then Sylveon it is.

Also, can you get Hyper Voice from the move tutor in Sheridan? If not, then you'd probably be better off with Cute Charm.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:01 PM, GingerBoss said:

Gonna go with sylveon, best fits what I want for the team, plus I dont have to wait forever to get good stab moves on it.

hopefully u get pixilate for the ability then it can destroy with normal moves.......... teach it hyper voice and shadow ball at the least if u plan on making it a special attacker