Amaria tho...

Damage

From a sympathetic character to absolute pain in my booty. This is my second run to this point in the game. I did a fire mono last time and swept her but this time I guess I said no to someone early game and she decided to lock me in a god damn tank and then challenge me going with my opposite choice. WTF I thought we were pals!

In all seriousness I don't care for the homocide attempt and NO Tania we are not "even" since this is your fault for not talking to her first. I'm doing this on a 4 mon run with Blaziken, Kommo-o, Aegislash and Marshadow. The squad has been doing well but now even though all her mons have like 30 less speed than mine even though I have EV training she outspeeds me. Even with mons that don't have swift swim. Am I high? Her gym is the worst. This version of her is making me angry and her mons are broken.

In all, in all seriousness. Her story is actually sad and I've seen this sadly in real life in the past though I'm calling shenanigans on this speed difference but then again I know virtually nothing about the item metagame. What is everyone else' thoughts on Amaria?

7 minutes ago, Damage said:

From a sympathetic character to absolute pain in my booty. This is my second run to this point in the game. I did a fire mono last time and swept her but this time I guess I said no to someone early game and she decided to lock me in a god damn tank and then challenge me going with my opposite choice. WTF I thought we were pals!

In all seriousness I don't care for the homocide attempt and NO Tania we are not "even" since this is your fault for not talking to her first. I'm doing this on a 4 mon run with Blaziken, Kommo-o, Aegislash and Marshadow. The squad has been doing well but now even though all her mons have like 30 less speed than mine even though I have EV training she outspeeds me. Even with mons that don't have swift swim. Am I high? Her gym is the worst. This version of her is making me angry and her mons are broken.

In all, in all seriousness. Her story is actually sad and I've seen this sadly in real life in the past though I'm calling shenanigans on this speed difference but then again I know virtually nothing about the item metagame. What is everyone else' thoughts on Amaria?

The Water Surface field halves the speed of poekmon who are not water type or airbourne unless they have Swift Swim or Surge Surfer ability.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Lord Drakyle said:

The Water Surface field halves the speed of poekmon who are not water type or airbourne unless they have Swift Swim or Surge Surfer ability.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

1 minute ago, Damage said:

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Water Surface is x0.5% Reduction in speed while Underwater under similar rules is a reudction of x0.25% .

Your best bet is electrical moves or freezing the field with blizzard or using Sludge Wave to turn it into Murkwater if thats easier for you to use.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Damage said:

but this time I guess I said no to someone early game and she decided to lock me in a god damn tank and then challenge me going with my opposite choice. 

Actually you said yes to someone. Taka specifically.

i told him no when he asked to battle like Tania wanted because even though Taka is my boy... she was right. Last time I battled him and everything went all hunky dory

14 hours ago, Swampellow said:

You should get a full team

you only yolo once

54 minutes ago, Damage said:

i told him no when he asked to battle like Tania wanted because even though Taka is my boy... she was right. Last time I battled him and everything went all hunky dory

I believe they are referring to some rumor that if ya allow Taka to follow you in the desert he ends up dying rather if ya tell him no it plays out like ya battled him at the WTC

13 hours ago, Lord Drakyle said:

I believe they are referring to some rumor that if ya allow Taka to follow you in the desert he ends up dying rather if ya tell him no it plays out like ya battled him at the WTC

Let that be a lesson to you kids. Never do the right thing.

6 minutes ago, Lucky98 said:

I’m trying to understand how this works. I did a fire mono run and had to use like 80 revives in her battle 

depending on the fire types he had and their moves it's entirely possible (such as Heat Rotom using something like discharge spam (assuming it learns Discharge))

4 hours ago, Damage said:

Let that be a lesson to you kids. Never do the right thing.

Spoiler

One could say also allowing Taka to follow you around the desert lets him live his life fully until the end instead of letting him live in a lie. I think that's the difference between paths, also with Amy: You allow her to keep her lie (even though she seemed not to actually believe it) or force her to face reality. It could be said it's the Path of harsh truth vs the path of comfy lies, but also the path of tossing the consecuences to their faces vs the path of letting them come to terms with their actions at their own pace.

On 10/13/2018 at 9:56 PM, kithas said:
  Hide contents

One could say also allowing Taka to follow you around the desert lets him live his life fully until the end instead of letting him live in a lie. I think that's the difference between paths, also with Amy: You allow her to keep her lie (even though she seemed not to actually believe it) or force her to face reality. It could be said it's the Path of harsh truth vs the path of comfy lies, but also the path of tossing the consecuences to their faces vs the path of letting them come to terms with their actions at their own pace.

No I'm kidding of course. Making Taka and Amaria face the truth is undoubtedly the right thing. Regardless of how hard the outcome is.

On 10/13/2018 at 7:18 PM, Lucky98 said:

I’m trying to understand how this works. I did a fire mono run and had to use like 80 revives in her battle 

Volcrona with quiver dance and giga drain will sweep the whole team after +4. Vulpix with drought and focus sash plus confuse ray will stall the first mon if lucky. Sun will weaken water moves and volcrona will hopefully last long enough to power up if confusion kept the first mon hitting itself enough