[Spoiler] I need help with this. I ACTUALLY REALLY NEED HELP.

Alkylic

Okay. Let me explain this hellhole of a situation I ended up in.

So I was playing through a normal game of Rejuvenation right? Right after I beat Zetta and what's-his-face on Mt Valor, I went to Tesla's Villa to continue to the storyline.

I was just spamming space through the conversation because I could care less and I already have gone through it, BUT.

My laptop was running really slow at that moment, and I decided to clean some of the files. And guess what happens. It Crashes, in the middle of the conversation with Crescent, Luckily(or unluckily, in my case). It gave me an option to save, and so I save because the last time I saved was before the whole Mt Valor fight, which I don't want to go through again. The game closes(because the script was taking too long to respond), and this is all good right? I have been through this kind of things before.

But then, when I load up the game, I'm just stuck. Facing Crescent, the dialogue won't load, and I have no way to progress via soft resetting, I tried to look through the files to restore my latest save(because at this point, I'm willing to fight that goddamn fight again because I have spent 35 hours on this game and I refuse to let this file go). But I gave up after 30 minutes or so because, 1: I have no idea how to do it, and 2: I don't want to mess it up more than I already have.

The 1st picture below is a screenshot of what I go into the moment I start the game, I can't move, I can't press space to get through the maybe invisible Speech bubbles, and Soft Resetting doesn't do shit. The 2nd picture is just a picture of my save file, to just how many actual fucking hours I spent in this game.

I might have used Cheat Engine to get some of my items, but regardless, it was still a bitch to get through, other than the rare candies and the medicine, I played the game normally, just because I want to process to speed up, as I have been through most of the game already and the fact that I only restarted because I wanted a solid connection of the pokemon on my team, and pokemon that I actually remember how to use.

So in conclusion, I don't know if anyone has been in this kind of situration? If you have, is it possible to get out of this hellhole? I really don't want to start over. I lucked out in a lot of the hard battles and the IV's and natures of the pokemon, and by how grindy it was to train these pokemon with perfect EVs, I DON'T WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN.

ice_screenshot_20181010-215259.png

ice_screenshot_20181010-214013.png

38 minutes ago, Alkylic said:

I'm not sure how to load a backup save, is it in the Data subfolder? Or something else?...

Delete the Game.rxdata then rename one of the files above it Game.rxdata. That should be your most recent save after the broken one. It should work fine after that.

On 10/10/2018 at 10:50 PM, Youmu9 said:

Delete the Game.rxdata then rename one of the files above it Game.rxdata. That should be your most recent save after the broken one. It should work fine after that.

it still won't work. I still load right in front of Crescent.

And for some reason, I'm not able to upload my data file onto the topic, I tried it a couple of times and it all just say "Upload failed".

On 10/11/2018 at 2:31 PM, Alkylic said:

it still won't work. I still load right in front of Crescent.

And for some reason, I'm not able to upload my data file onto the topic, I tried it a couple of times and it all just say "Upload failed".

Never mind. I figured it out!

Sorry about that!