E19 Mon/TM relocation suggestions

Anstane

Heya. It's been a while since I've posted on the forums. I've been active on Discord, though been slowly disassociating myself with it. Well, either way, the reason I am making this thread is so I, and possibly other folks, can share their ideas and suggestions as to where various items and Pokemon should be relocated. Because, as it is right now, there are plenty of Pokemon that are available too early that should be pushed back, or Pokemon that are available so late that they are very difficult to justify for their position in the game. That being said, I shall start off with a few suggestions.

Pokemon:

Spoiler

Ralts - This is kind of the main one that inspired me to make this list. Up until a recent episode, Ralts has been available fairly early on and was a very popular choice among players for giving access to a powerful Psychic/Fairy type in Gardevoir. It was so popular and uniquitous that the ability to obtain it was pushed back...all the way to Neo Reborn. Having Ralts be pushed back so far pushed Gardevoir and Gallade to complete irrelevancy, the latter moreso as it already had to fight for a chance to be used for a while, as everyone gravitated towards Medicham or Gardevoir. My recommendation is to make Ralts obtainable immediately after the battle against Radomus. The main issue that Gardevoir had was the lack of competition. Besides Espeon, Sylveon and maybe Medicham, there was no real competition for Gardevoir. However, after Radomus, it would have immediate competition by the likes of Alakazam and Reuniclus while not having it be so late that it is completely irrelevant.

Elekid and Magby - This duo of Mons share the same problem - their base forms are not available until Calcenon and their final forms are not available until Neo Reborn. Technically Electivire can be obtained earlier if you get the Mystery Egg with it, but that is a fringe 1/18 chance as it's competing with other, most likely more desirable Pokemon. By this point, there are far better Pokemon of both types (Magneton, Vikavolt or Galvantula for Electric, any of the numerous Fire-types for Fire.) that it is hard to justify using these Mons unless you go out of your way to use them. As for where I would put them...maybe Magby can be found in Pyrous after defeating Aya while Elekid can be found in the Yureyu building after making it to Belrose Manse. As for their final evolution items, I believe they can stay where they are in the cave outside of Calcenon.

Magnemite - Speaking of. I know I often ranted about how powerful Magnezone is, especially when it was located so early in the game that it invalidated all other Electric-type Pokemon. As it is right now, it's still a pretty alright Mon for where it is, but I feel like it can be pushed a little earlier now. I believe that Magnemite can be located inside of the Generator room, the very same one where you can evolve it. It would push it earlier, but not too much earlier, to what I believe is a fair spot. However, I could fully understand not pushing it earlier as it is strong enough as a Magneton as is.

Glaceon - Yes, I'm advocating for this. As it is right now, Glaceon is - as in many other games, frustratingly enough - the last obtainable Eeveelution, being located at a fairly late point of the game. In fact, it is the only one that is not obtainable immediately after obtaining Eevee. My suggested change...well, there are two of them, but one of which would require changing canon mechanics. The first one would be to make Leafeon and Glaceon evolve via the Leaf and Ice stones, respectively, and give the player an earlier Ice Stone. The second suggestion would be to move the Ice Rock to Citrine Mountain, behind a Strength rock (The part that is just outside Shade's Gym). This would allow one to obtain all Eeveelutions immediately after getting access to Eevee instead of segregating one of the evolutions away.

Oshawott and Litten - As we know, two of the starters are locked away behind the Gang Job sidequest. If you are Aqua Gang, you get Litten and if you're Magma Gang, you get Oshawott. That is all fine and good. But where do you get the other starter? Turns out that it is delayed until Agate City in both cases. In my opinion, there is no point in that. As it is, you can get both Choice items immediately after completing the sidequest (Assuming you helped the hiker out, anyway). My recommendation is to make the same true for the two Pokemon: Have the Ledian -> Oshawott/Litten trade happen in Neo Reborn, with it becoming available immediately after completing the Gang Job sidequest. Neither Litten nor Oshawott are so powerful that delaying one or the other to Agate City is necessary and this change would give these Pokemon a greater chance.

Roggenrola - This might be a bit of a more contentious one, but I do believe this deserves to be talked about. Before E17, Roggenrola was perfectly fine, a decently strong Rock-type that could be found in Tanzan Mountain. In E17, though, after the line got Sand Stream, it was pushed back. Way back. I might be a bit misremembering, but it was pushed back all the way to Route 3, the one Roggenrola in 7'th street notwithstanding. In particular, Serra would have suffered against the Sand Stream. However, does the abilty change really warrant such a large push back? In my opinion, no. Did it deserve to get pushed back? Yes. However, I only would have pushed it back by one gym, from Tanzan Mountain to Tanzan Depths.

And because I feel like I need to include one Pokemon that needs to be pushed back...might as well get a real controversial opinion out there.

Sandile - This Pokemon is extremely strong. It naturally gets both Earthquake and Crunch fairly early and it has two extremely powerful abilities in Moxie and Intimidate. That, on top of decent support with such moves like Taunt and it can be seen why this Pokemon can cause some issues, especially given how relatively early it is obtainable - Tanzan Mountain. Where would I move it? It is hard to say. I want to say to Iolia Valley as well, but it might be too extreme of a pushback. At the same time, there are no other particularly great places to push it back. If I could, I would move it back to around Route 1, but where in that area, I cannot say.

TM's:

Spoiler

Frost Breath - I am going to start with the obvious one here. The Frost Breath TM was originally the reward you got from Serra until E17, where it was replaced by Aurora Veil. However, the TM for Frost Breath was nowhere to be found - because it was, of all things, straight up forgotten. I was hoping that it would be put into a reasonable position in E18. However, instead, it was moved all the way to the Route 4 Rock Climb mountains. This genuinely feels almost insulting as the TM has a very limited learnpool, but a few of the Pokemon that can learn it - Jynx and Glaceon, to name two examples - rely on it as a good substitute until we get the Ice Beam TM. I would move Frost Breath all the way back to where the Ice Rock cave is right now, giving it a reasonable acquiring time, not long after where you would have obtained it before E17. In it's place, the Route 4 TM I would replace with the Blizzard TM, on the basis that it is late enough in the game and the location is perfectly fitting for it.

Nature Power - This is going to cause some controversy. The Nature Power TM has relatively limited distribution, mainly among Grass-types, but a number of other Mons, such as Typhlosion, can also take good use of it. However, those Mons that do get it will find that this move is extremely powerful. The move alone can easily invalidate certain battles and leaders, such as Serra and the third Aster/Eclipse fight, plus it allows for Crawdaunt to sweep Kiki by itself. While I fully understand it's location now, I feel like it is too powerful to be given so early. I would push it back, to the Route 1 Nature Center. Nature Power in the Nature Center, seems appropriate. As for Florinia, well, the only other Grass TM that she can give is Grass Knot. As for the TM in the LCCC, it's hard to say what would be good to put there, to be honest. Maybe the Shadow Ball TM? This one can be debated. However, in my opinion, Nature Power needs to be pushed back.

Sludge Bomb - Okay, this one is another fairly obvious one, I think. Sludge Bomb is not even available as of this moment, which really hurts a few Pokemon that rely on it as their main Poison STAB. Roserade, Venusaur and Gengar are the three that suffer from this the most, as they cannot use Sludge Wave (for some reason). Where a good place for this would be is hard to say, but one potential place would be the cave where you currently get Aggronite. It would be a fair challenge for a strong TM, it makes some thematic sense as you enter the location via Byxbysion and it just works. And if you forget to grab it, it can be moved to the Lost and Found.

Shadow Ball - As I alluded to in the Nature Power mention, this TM deserves mentioning. As it is right now, this TM is the reward for completing the Starter sidequest - which more or less requires completing most of the other sidequests, hunt all over in specific locations and to have 300 Pokemon in the Pokedex. All this for a TM that is mostly going to be used as coverage move by Eeveelutions and many Psychic-types, plus a few Ghost-types that, for some reason, don't learn it naturally. This does not warrant the TM being located so far back, in my opinion. As mentioned, a good place for it would be the LCCC, as a replacement for the Grass Knot TM located there.

These are merely my own suggestions. Feel free to suggest more Pokemon, TM or other location changes as well as giving your thoughts and opinions on the ones that have been currently mentioned and suggested.

*Insert angery comment here*

Okay uh, serious talk, I really would like it if Leafeon and Glaceon could evolve respectively by Leaf Stone and Icy Stone
...not that it would change anything but... ehh? I honestly dont know why gamefreak still decides "hey screw eeveelutions".

Also another edit, uh
How about a "Lodestone" usable item, that evolves all magnetic zone evolutions?
We have link stones right?

Edit Edit: This totally isnt a Amplified Rock Resprite
item648.png.ff9f05afefa817f6d7fb371e16116db1.png

• Veterans

Mostly agree on all points there but I'd like to elaborate on one I'm personally rather vocal about;

Elekid and Magby - This duo of Mons share the same problem - their base forms are not available until Calcenon and their final forms are not available until Neo Reborn. Technically Electivire can be obtained earlier if you get the Mystery Egg with it, but that is a fringe 1/18 chance as it's competing with other, most likely more desirable Pokemon. By this point, there are far better Pokemon of both types (Magneton, Vikavolt or Galvantula for Electric, any of the numerous Fire-types for Fire.) that it is hard to justify using these Mons unless you go out of your way to use them. As for where I would put them...maybe Magby can be found in Pyrous after defeating Aya while Elekid can be found in the Yureyu building after making it to Belrose Manse. As for their final evolution items, I believe they can stay where they are in the cave outside of Calcenon.

These two used to be in very early during the older versions of Reborn and were moved back due to being among the better Pokemon of their types available, however in the current state of things they are kept obscenely far behind for very little obvious reasoning. At the point where you get Magmortar, you've already been able to get Arcanine, Ninetales, Typhlosion and Darmanitan for ages, all who are very big competitors. Unlike Electivire you can't even get it via mystery egg to possibly obtain it by Calcenon instead of trading a Magmarizer for a Magby who you can't even evolve. Electivire similarly has a lot of competition yet is still better because it offers things they don't. It has actual coverage, good stats, a good ability and a move it can abuse to maximise that ability; Ion Deluge. Vikavolt, A-Raichu, Magnezone, Rotom and Ampharos are all amazing but none of them have the combination of coverage, stats and ability that Electivire does. Magnezone outclasses it in terms of overall utility however.

Either are Pokemon that would likely be very desireable if available earlier as Elekid/Magby, as Magmar/Electabuzz provide very mid range stats with good moves to utilise them and keep a team afloat. They'd fall off a bit nearing Agate and then hit a power spike when finally evolving into their final stage at Calcenon which mind you, is 11 badges into the game. That's more than reasonable for these Pokemon to be able to evolve.

• Global Mods

firstly, I generally agree with a lot of these. 

I think some pokemons positions make more sense when considered for certain gym leaders. you touched on this with Roggenrola, and Magnemite was pushed back for very much the same reason against Serra (I think it's on route 3 now though?). Similarly, I think Gardevoir was probably a bit too good against the likes of Luna/Samson.

• Veterans
6 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

I think some pokemons positions make more sense when considered for certain gym leaders. you touched on this with Roggenrola, and Magnemite was pushed back for very much the same reason against Serra (I think it's on route 3 now though?). Similarly, I think Gardevoir was probably a bit too good against the likes of Luna/Samson.

While samson is a fair point, let's not joke around and say luna poses a challenge regardless of that.

Nice list, my friend. The only one I disagree with is Sandile, as he's good, but he isn't overly centralizing as Pokemon like Scrafty exist, and Flygon atm largely outclasses him.

Speaking of Flygon, I'd like to propose that the Trapnich trade and Gligar's location be swapped. Flygon is an insanely good Pokemon with one of the best boosting moves, insane natural movepool, and a boosted exp gain to top it all off. It's great in Singles and Doubles and can easily sweep bosses. Especially the Samson fight with DD and Hazard support (I just use sturdy Onix). That's not mentioning its 2 immunities that make it an even better doubles partner. Flygon is easily one of the best Ground types available, especially with how rare Excadrill is. I feel that it could be pushed back because of how good it is (It's honestly one of the only mons that I actually advocate the pushback from along with Magnemite). I think Trapinch and Gligar should switch spaces because Gligar is kinda already left cold given how late it comes and its lack of STAB. Gligar could also benefit from event egg moves for niches like Baton Pass SD, which might let people consider it as sweeping support.

What I don't get is why Gardevoir was moved back when it faced some pretty harshcompetition with Alakazam, even when they were both available. Gardevoir was definitely more popular as a mon, but I'd argue that Alakazam was the better mon, as it could Calm Mind sweep anything it could set up on, especially back in the days when Sash was still purchaseable. Gardevoir was by no means a slouch. Trace is stupid good in Reborn as it lets you take advantage of the field most of the time. Tracing Flash Fire on Charlote was a good time, man. I really liked it because the two mons were similar, yet different enough as to make the choice matter. Zam was the better sweeper, and Gardevoir had more versatility under its belt (or gown). Honesetly I'd say put it back to where it was before.

5 hours ago, Candy said:

Iirc tho can't you evolve eevee into glaceon by entering Citrine(?) mountain from Route 1?

Indeed you can. However, that is still at least two gyms later - Serra and Noel - than when you get Eevee and gain the ability to evolve to any of the other Eeveelutions. Glaceon is the only one you still need to explicitly wait on before you can evolve it. (Technically Leafeon too, but the Moss Stone is literally in the same forest, so you are at most a few minutes from being able to access it, unlike Glaceon.)

6 hours ago, MarcelloSucks said:

Mostly agree on all points there but I'd like to elaborate on one I'm personally rather vocal about;

These two used to be in very early during the older versions of Reborn and were moved back due to being among the better Pokemon of their types available, however in the current state of things they are kept obscenely far behind for very little obvious reasoning. At the point where you get Magmortar, you've already been able to get Arcanine, Ninetales, Typhlosion and Darmanitan for ages, all who are very big competitors. Unlike Electivire you can't even get it via mystery egg to possibly obtain it by Calcenon instead of trading a Magmarizer for a Magby who you can't even evolve. Electivire similarly has a lot of competition yet is still better because it offers things they don't. It has actual coverage, good stats, a good ability and a move it can abuse to maximise that ability; Ion Deluge. Vikavolt, A-Raichu, Magnezone, Rotom and Ampharos are all amazing but none of them have the combination of coverage, stats and ability that Electivire does. Magnezone outclasses it in terms of overall utility however.

Either are Pokemon that would likely be very desireable if available earlier as Elekid/Magby, as Magmar/Electabuzz provide very mid range stats with good moves to utilise them and keep a team afloat. They'd fall off a bit nearing Agate and then hit a power spike when finally evolving into their final stage at Calcenon which mind you, is 11 badges into the game. That's more than reasonable for these Pokemon to be able to evolve.

Fair point, especially with the Electric-types compared to Electivire. I did want to have some examples of Electrics that you can have and use by that point, but because they are not as varied as Fire-types are, I did have to stretch it.

4 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Mayhaps, but with Samson at least, you do gain access to both Alakazam and Reuniclus beforehand, which do similarly great work against the Strongman. The idea was to move Gardevoir/Gallade to a point where they have actual competition for the Psychic-slot beyond just Espeon. As for the Fairy portion, that is the niche that sets it apart from Alakazam.

2 hours ago, Norm said:

Nice list, my friend. The only one I disagree with is Sandile, as he's good, but he isn't overly centralizing as Pokemon like Scrafty exist, and Flygon atm largely outclasses him.

Speaking of Flygon, I'd like to propose that the Trapnich trade and Gligar's location be swapped. Flygon is an insanely good Pokemon with one of the best boosting moves, insane natural movepool, and a boosted exp gain to top it all off. It's great in Singles and Doubles and can easily sweep bosses. Especially the Samson fight with DD and Hazard support (I just use sturdy Onix). That's not mentioning its 2 immunities that make it an even better doubles partner. Flygon is easily one of the best Ground types available, especially with how rare Excadrill is. I feel that it could be pushed back because of how good it is (It's honestly one of the only mons that I actually advocate the pushback from along with Magnemite). I think Trapinch and Gligar should switch spaces because Gligar is kinda already left cold given how late it comes and its lack of STAB. Gligar could also benefit from event egg moves for niches like Baton Pass SD, which might let people consider it as sweeping support.

What I don't get is why Gardevoir was moved back when it faced some pretty harshcompetition with Alakazam, even when they were both available. Gardevoir was definitely more popular as a mon, but I'd argue that Alakazam was the better mon, as it could Calm Mind sweep anything it could set up on, especially back in the days when Sash was still purchaseable. Gardevoir was by no means a slouch. Trace is stupid good in Reborn as it lets you take advantage of the field most of the time. Tracing Flash Fire on Charlote was a good time, man. I really liked it because the two mons were similar, yet different enough as to make the choice matter. Zam was the better sweeper, and Gardevoir had more versatility under its belt (or gown). Honesetly I'd say put it back to where it was before.

I will admit that I mostly added Sandile in because I wanted a Mon that needed to be pushed back on the list. I will admit that it doesn't need that much of a pushback. Mostly I'd consider moving it from Tanzan Mountain to Tanzan Depths, delaying it's acquiration by one gym, to before Noel rather than before Serra. Such a move would also give players a genuinely legitimate option to capture when dealing with the giant Steelix.

As for Gardevoir, as I alluded to before, the problem before E17 was that it had almost no competition where it was before, whereas now it's irrelevant without it's Mega stone. My proposed suggestion, to make it available with Alakazam, would make it an alternative to Alakazam, trading raw power for the Fairy typing.

And very good point with Trapinch/Flygon. It would be nice to see Gligar moved to an earlier point.

• Global Mods

Yea now that Flygon gets D.Dance in gen 7, it's much stronger and could probably be moved back a bit. Before that, it was ok where it is because it had decent typing and good movepool, but mediocre stats without good ways to boost them. without D.Dance it mostly needed a choice item to do strong work

Ans asked me to copy paste write about this so here it is.

TM 03: Psyshock

"...it is located too late in the game, especially given how it is later than Psychic and has an obtaining requirement that doesn't match it's usefulness."

Its the reward for completing the dex up to 500 pokemons, I've discussed about this and it could potentially be replaced with:

The unavailable Z Crystals (Excluding Flyinium, its seemingly too overpowered)
Another Life Orb
Another Choice Item (Excluding Scarf, I mean, its obvious)
TM U-turn / Volt Switch
TM Calm Mind

And Psyshock could be move on to:

"Maybe in Neo Reborn somewhere?"
At the bottom of the Devonyx, after the PULSE Magnezone fight
In the employee area (We need to fill that place up with as much items as possible)

Anyways this was mostly what Ans said so, yeah, say any opinions.

• Developers

Interesting topic. I can agree with some but not all of them.

Mons:

Ralts, Elekid, Magby, Magnemite - All of these are very powerful and very popular. Because of that I'm glad that they are pushed back to where they are at the moment. Gives more space to less popular mons. Ralts in particular should never be available before Samson.

Glaceon - Yeah, this one I can definitely agree with. Glaceon is not by any means the strongest Eeveelution anyway. Considering that Reborn didn't change any evolution methods (as far as I know) I think moving the ice rock to the cave near Shade's Gym is the way to go.

Oshawott / Litten - Yeah this makes sense.

Rogenrolla - If it is in 7th street it means it's still available before Agate, right? If that's so then it was only pushed back by 2-3 gyms so it's fine.

Sandile - Yep, Sandile in Tanzan is too early. I'd push it to like Route 2? I think the environment fits there.

TMs:

Frost Breath - Agreed!

Nature Power - Agreed!

Sludge Bomb - The suggested place is available right after Adrienn, right? That's way too early in my opinion.

Shadow Ball - Maybe? I'm not completely sure how useful Shadow Ball is.

• Veterans
1 hour ago, baldr said:

Interesting topic. I can agree with some but not all of them.

Mons:

Ralts, Elekid, Magby, Magnemite - All of these are very powerful and very popular. Because of that I'm glad that they are pushed back to where they are at the moment. Gives more space to less popular mons. Ralts in particular should never be available before Samson.

Glaceon - Yeah, this one I can definitely agree with. Glaceon is not by any means the strongest Eeveelution anyway. Considering that Reborn didn't change any evolution methods (as far as I know) I think moving the ice rock to the cave near Shade's Gym is the way to go.

Oshawott / Litten - Yeah this makes sense.

Rogenrolla - If it is in 7th street it means it's still available before Agate, right? If that's so then it was only pushed back by 2-3 gyms so it's fine.

Sandile - Yep, Sandile in Tanzan is too early. I'd push it to like Route 2? I think the environment fits there.

TMs:

Frost Breath - Agreed!

Nature Power - Agreed!

Sludge Bomb - The suggested place is available right after Adrienn, right? That's way too early in my opinion.

Shadow Ball - Maybe? I'm not completely sure how useful Shadow Ball is.

Yet in turn their current location leaves them completely behind actually better Pokemon who come earlier ON top of those 'underrated' Pokemon. It's a worse deal for everyone who actually likes those Pokemon as they can't get them until ludicrously late into the game, far later than they should reasonably be.

Also Sludge Bomb being too early despite being after the only Gym Leader it's actually good for is just absolutely obscene, makes no sense to say.

• Developers
1 minute ago, Azery then said:

Yet in turn their current location leaves them completely behind actually better Pokemon who come earlier ON top of those 'underrated' Pokemon.

That only means those better mons should be pushed back too and some of the underrated ones pushed forward. But you can never have every pokemon in an ideal place. I'm simply saying that I'm quite satisfied where these particular mons are. Especially considering that if you really want them earlier, you can just trade.

• Veterans
Just now, baldr said:

That only means those better mons should be pushed back too and some of the underrated ones pushed forward. But you can never have every pokemon in an ideal place. I'm simply saying that I'm quite satisfied where these particular mons are. Especially considering that if you really want them earlier, you can just trade.

Reasonably support for online will only last so long. Having Gallade and Gardevoir available a whole 10 badges after you get Medicham who is actually better than Gallade in nearly every way is just inexcusable. From personal experience the Ralts line is nowhere near that good to be forced back that long.

Same argument applies to Magby/Elekid, they're good Pokemon but not being able to evolve them to their final stage after you get them when EVERYTHING else at that point essentially can is just insult to injury. Seriously, why force people into Magmar when you give Ninetales/Darmanitan literally right before this.

Some time and discussion passed and I would now like to add one more Mon that I think could do with being pushed forward a little bit.

Spoiler

Snover - Currently, this Pokemon is located in Route 4, which is a bit far, but...understandable. However, it has one notable problem now: It is one gym fight (One in which it has a 4x weakness) and one short mountain trip from Ametrine City, where you can acquire Alolan Vulpix which, let's be real, most of the time is just the superior option. It gives Abomasnow such a small moment of reasonable usability that it's not really worth it, unless you need it otherwise or just want to use it. My suggestion...might not push it to too good of a spot, but unless there is a good place for it to be in that could also make sense, I cannot see it being pushed to any earlier than Route 2 (All the hailing there can be explained like that). This way, Abomasnow could be used for the Route 3 trip and the final Aster/Eclipse fight.

Guest Relinquished

It's not just about: "Push back the *strong* stuff"... Rather, from what i gather, it is about: "Push back the *popular* and highly demanded stuff"!

In order to force you use substitutes, or lesser, underwhelmed and underappreciated pokemon, moves, sets, etc.

I am 3/4 far into the game and exactly how things are right now, feels perfect to me. Only thing i want to nag about, is instead of the 50% chance of Cacnea/Maractus egg at Chrysolia forest train-wreck, for it to be a guaranteed Cacnea, grrr...

Besides, post gen 7 implementation, most fights seem to be quite easier and lots of enemy trainers, much less threatening than before. I no longer reset and reset, before major fights... And i don't even have all my trusted sidekicks like before, yet!

20 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

It's not just about: "Push back the *strong* stuff"... Rather, from what i gather, it is about: "Push back the *popular* and highly demanded stuff"!

In order to force you use substitutes, or lesser, underwhelmed and underappreciated pokemon, moves, sets, etc.

I am 3/4 far into the game and exactly how things are right now, feels perfect to me. Only thing i want to nag about, is instead of the 50% chance of Cacnea/Maractus egg at Chrysolia forest train-wreck, for it to be a guaranteed Cacnea, grrr...

Besides, post gen 7 implementation, most fights seem to be quite easier and lots of enemy trainers, much less threatening than before. I no longer reset and reset, before major fights... And i don't even have all my trusted sidekicks like before, yet!

Except the vast majority of my suggestions are not to push strong stuff back. They're to pull weaker stuff forward, so they're not completely outclassed by stronger stuff you get earlier. Specifically to allow the second point to be addressed.

The biggest thing that was done for Ep18 was pushing the X-items up the Dept Store a few floors. I'm interested in playing Ep18 through again just to see how I'd fare without them. 

I too used Flygon very heavily on my Ep17 playthrough and would be disappointed if it was moved back. 

Guest Relinquished
On 10/7/2018 at 1:55 AM, Juice said:

The biggest thing that was done for Ep18 was pushing the X-items up the Dept Store a few floors. I'm interested in playing Ep18 through again just to see how I'd fare without them. 

I too used Flygon very heavily on my Ep17 playthrough and would be disappointed if it was moved back. 

No, nothing like that. You get Trapinch at Chrysolia forest, in the teleported house, trading it for Mothim. Like always.

Guest Relinquished
11 hours ago, Juice said:

but that other poster was talking about wanting to swap Trapinch and Gligar

If such a thing happens, in all probability, it is going to be a Final Episode (#19) thing.

This trade is still a thing, exactly as it had always been. Same place, same conditions. Ep18, get your Flygon, in Chrysolia Forest! Can come knowing Signal Beam, too.