20 Years of Life...

AzureNate

Hello, Everyone! Sorry for being inactive for such a long period of time, but many sad situations have occurred in my life that discouraged me from being here. I'm still dealing with these mixed feelings of depression and anger. I don't even know if my 20th birthday will suppress it. I feel  constant pressure in following expectations from other people, being ridiculed and stereotyped by my family for not being exactly like they want me to be. It doesn't help that my parents are not getting along, despite their efforts to conceal it from my siblings and I. Even though I don't see much meaning in MY birthday, there are people in this Reborn server, and even around the world who just turned 20 on the same day as I did; October 1st. I hope they find much more happiness and meaning in their birthday than I will ever have. ❤🙂 

Welcome back, Azure. Don't worry about having been inactive; everyone needs to step back from time to time. 

8 hours ago, AzureNate said:

I feel  constant pressure in following expectations from other people, being ridiculed and stereotyped by my family for not being exactly like they want me to be.

That's probably the most relatable part of your post to me. Although I cannot really give you any miracle advice to alleviate these issues  (since I still struggle with them myself), please hang on tight. More often than not we are our own cruelest bullies; putting ourselves Under pressure to please others, trying to fit their expectations, beating ourselves up when we think we don't... but there is probably no reason for you to be ashamed of what you are. The ones who really love you will do so no matter what life choices you make. If it is difficult for them, that doesn't necessarily mean that you are the problem. They must learn to respect you and your aspirations, just like it's important for you to respect yourself and wish the best for yourself too.

Maybe that will take time, but you'll get there. 

Oh, and happy 20th birthday 🙂