Halloween theme

Starry Knight

3 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Zubats line is a good one, and just in general a lot of ghost types, obviously

1 minute ago, Alistair said:

Crobat (vampire), Mismagius (witch), Ariados (spoopy spoder), Trevenant (haunted forest), Honchkrow (crow), Cacturne (scarecrow)... but yeah as Dream said you could arguably make nearly any ghost type fit in there.

Thanks thinking of doing an event for Halloween on Reborn

Slurpuff's the best we got for representing the candy so far- though the official shiny's chocolate, and thus brings it more in line with the goal. 

On the subject of costumes, wormadam's the OG dressup mon. Plus, the bizarrely-named Trash Cloak variant looks like cotton candy- Halloween Festivals, anyone? 

Leavanny, too, is a costumer- albeit one that prefers to dress up others than itself. Does that count?

You know those people who dress up their dogs during Halloween season as if they were toddlers? Houndoom already looks the part, methinks!

Mandibuzz+ marowak= those boneyard decorations people cover their front yards with, but mobile.

Mr. Mime and blacephalon both fit the creepy clown subtheme, if you want to go that route.

Parasect pretty much is a zombie. Reborn's shiny tauros fits in here as well (if you count Frankenstein's Monster, anyway).

Need a Masked Hero costume pokemon? Roserade's got that covered!

Ditto: always searching for who's the most likely to win the costume competition so that it can nab the prize money under their guise! Or it's heart of the party by changing costumes on the fly without changing the base creature or something. Or maybe combining parts of the other party goers until it can pass for a Lovecraftain abomination? I dunno- all I know is that this thing's got a lot of potential here if given the chance!

Mismagius, yamask, Alolan marowak, blacephalon, mimikyu, trevenant, and gourgeist have already been covered (though either marowak works for that slot).

Cofagrigus: the closest we get to a mummy

Dhelmise: Got a pirate themed haunted house? Can't do that without one of these things!

Palossand: Thought you were safe once you stepped off the afore-mentioned pirate ship? Oh, how naive of you!

Dusknoir: Is the Grim Reaper. 'Nuff said.

Chandelure and Jellicent: For your posh haunted house needs (the latter's a bit weak here, though).

Drifloon: What's a party without balloons? Be careful about holding them, though!

Spiritomb: it's like those candy bowls with the hand that pops out at you when you try to take something from them, except it's a swirling vortex of 108 dead people instead. Guaranteed to get a few scares! 

Rotom+Lawn Mowers=True terror. Probably too much hassle than it's worth and not even a Ghost Type anymore R.I.P.

Decidueye: He's looking spiffy in his home-made Green Arrow costume! Unfortunately, his teenage son has been poking fun at him for dressing up all day...

Doublade/Aegislash: Like dhelmise, but with haunted castles instead.

Sensu!Oricorio: Not all the entertainment has to be about getting the most screams- come wind down with some dance! Be careful not to get cursed, though.

Banette: Would certainly work for a haunted toy store, but there are plenty of other themes it can slip into. Specifically, those with fancy beds...

Shedinja: Please, get out of the Lost Woods. It's probably even worse for you than the city in there! Alternatively, string a bunch of them together and hang them like Christmas lights or something. High risk, moderate reward?

Sableye: ...I'm not sure why anyone would want to set up a Haunted Mine type dealio, but here's your main crew for such an endeavor...

Golurk: ...A haunted amusement park's robot mascot? The concept has been done before, albeit outside of the context of Halloween. 

Oh, and gengar's gengar. That guy fits in everywhere, do to how common shadows and cold chills are!

And I do believe that's all of the non-legendary/silvally Ghost Types! Not too bad, considering.

Just now, seki108 said:

I would mix in a few others besides just ghosts, just for some variety.

I intend to do so I have a bunch of black cats and bats ready but for ghosts I was wondering if I should do a couple of all them or just the main typing ghosts

1 minute ago, Starry Knight said:

I intend to do so I have a bunch of black cats and bats ready but for ghosts I was wondering if I should do a couple of all them or just the main typing ghosts

Oh, oops.....misunderstood a bit there.   Well, it is one of the smallest type pools, so you could probably reasonably get some good ones from all the breedable ghosts.

12 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Oh, oops.....misunderstood a bit there.   Well, it is one of the smallest type pools, so you could probably reasonably get some good ones from all the breedable ghosts.

No problem, I added some non ghosts myself gonna do a bunny girl, Harelquin, a ninja, a possesed moth?, a werecat (Skunk), a fiery witch, a costrume changing dog/bird, a werewolf, A princess/Knight an owl, three different types of spiders, a mermaid, a masked hero (Hawlucha) a pop star, Minior B, geishas was think of adding some wrestling costumes, a hell bound, scorpions, Luxray shiny, a parrot from a pirate and an angel of disaster what are your thoughts on them? 

and a couple other ones I miseed

6 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

No problem, I added some non ghosts myself gonna do a bunny girl, Harelquin, a ninja, a possesed moth?, a werecat (Skunk), a fiery witch, a costrume changing dog/bird, a werewolf, A princess/Knight an owl, three different types of spiders, a mermaid, a masked hero (Hawlucha) a pop star, Minior B, geishas was think of adding some wrestling costumes, a hell bound, scorpions, Luxray shiny, a parrot from a pirate and an angel of disaster what are your thoughts on them? 

and a couple other ones I miseed

Mixed with Autumn's list(s), these probably cover everything.

There's a significant amount of variety across all the lists, hitting as many different viewpoints on what Halloween means across them all. Can't argue with that, no?

Assuming the possessed moth question is referring to shedinja, that thing's a cicada shell. There was one of those in my backyard just last week, actually...

4 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

There's a significant amount of variety across all the lists, hitting as many different viewpoints on what Halloween means across them all. Can't argue with that, no?

Assuming the possessed moth question is referring to shedinja, that thing's a cicada shell. There was one of those in my backyard just last week, actually...

No actually wasn't mentioning ghost I was talking about vivion the reborn shiny form that is shedinja is a possessed pokeball or at least to my theory it is

Fair enough, I guess? I'm actually not familiar with vivillon's Reborn shiny, so I wouldn't have guessed that. 

Considering that it's created during the evolution of nincada into ninjask, which is the pokemon equivalent of the final molt between cicadas' nymph and adult stages (a process that's known for leaving behind the old shells in unusually pristine condition), it's safe to say that shedinja is indeed that old skin. The pokeball's just there to make sure said skin doesn't pull a "I'm free! So long, sucker!!" type of move once the possession happens. Though, considering that the shedinja retains the original's personality, does that mean that the original sheds part of its own spirit to animate the shell? That's the most ambiguous part of the whole deal, really... 😅

1 minute ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

Fair enough, I guess? I'm actually not familiar with vivillon's Reborn shiny, so I wouldn't have guessed that. 

Considering that it's created during the evolution of nincada into ninjask, which is the pokemon equivalent of the final molt between cicadas' nymph and adult stages (a process that's known for leaving behind the old shells in unusually pristine condition), it's safe to say that shedinja is indeed that old skin. The pokeball's just there to make sure said skin doesn't pull a "I'm free! So long, sucker!!" type of move once the possession happens. Though, considering that the shedinja retains the original's personality, does that mean that the original sheds part of its own spirit to animate the shell? That's the most ambiguous part of the whole deal, really... 😅

indeed