Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

charizardite y

Karai

Question

5 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Karai said:

Is Charizardite Y in the game yet, I know X is in game, but I already have a Hydreigon on my team, so it would be a type overlap. If it is in the game, what location would I find it in?

Not in the game yet. But honestly that´s not a terrible type overlap to have, since they only share the dragon weakness.

As of being one of the really few players to have analyzed Reborn metagame quite in-depth I can tell you what I think of Hydre/CharX

It might seem strange, but Charizard is ome of the best megas to play with Hydreigon. As most good Fairies are not in the game, like Tapus or Magearna, or are just worse in this metagame like Mimikyu or Gardevoir the worst dangers for an Hydreigon are Mawile, Clefable, Blaziken, Garchomp, MegaMedicham or Volcarona. The huge presence of Toxapex, Aegislash and most importantly Naganadel is very discouraging for many fairies while others such as Clefable or Mawile usually have a very hard time aganist CharX. The team will need support aganist pokemon as Primarina, Blaziken and faster dragons, and Toxapex might come in help here. However, what's important to say here it's that altough they are both dragons in this specific metagame which is very good for Hydreigon they are actually a good team, as Hydre can check Charizard threats like Toxapex or even a defensive Aegislash behind a substitute that can be nasty in 1v1 for a Charizard. As a fourth member I suggest someone with a good matchup aganist Medicham which creates disasters in this team if catch it off guard. Togekiss Sylveon and Silvally-Fairy are all good pokemons that can switch in a Medicham and kill it while also providing a bit of support to the team. Additionally, defog is mandatory while playing a Charizard team, as stealth rocks are strangely uncommon in this meta but still present. I suggest you to play Darkinium/Draconium Hydreigon with dual stab earth power and a coverage among flamethrower flash cannon or surf. Another option is running a sash/haban berry set to ruin the party to Naganadel Charizard and Garchomp but it's pretty situational. As a fifth slot use someone with a good matchup with Naganadel as AV Metagross and for the last pokemon a defogger, if you don't have one, or maybe someone good aganist a ddance Tyranitar as Gliscor. It dies to Ice Punch, but it wont be used as it would mean not using one of the stabs or eq and you can adapt accordingly with Metagross, Hydreigon or Toxapex. Now you have a pretty solid Reborn singles team and I think I will test it on my own, I've had much fun in writing this. See ya!

Ah, alright then. My team so far (at Titania right now)

Torterra

Primarina/Azumarill

Volcarona/Charizard X

Hydreigon

Heliolisk

Metagross

I was also wondering if the Simon sidequest for the super rod was immediately cut off if you never talked to him in the tanzan base.

Edited by Karai