Reborn and the Pokeverse

Midnighter

Hear me out, I'm aware that main series characters like Bugsy are mentioned in the game. Also the fact that there's actual Pokemon available throughout the game oppose to fakemon, kind of makes this a dumb idea. But I think the Pokemon Reborn world is set in an alternate universe or possibly an alternate timeline of sorts. I'm somewhat early in the game, so if this has been answered in the story already, ignore this. I don't want to be spoiled. I just wanted to discuss a theory. All be it, a generic one.

The reason why Shelly is Bugsy's sister in-game is due to the whole League thing which her character is based off of. While there are other references to the Pokemon World, it is and it isn't it's own thing which is hard to explain. There's a couple contradictions which has to do with a spin-off game in which we don't know when certain events happened, but other than that it pretty much takes place in the original timeline. Simply to say that it's the one that happened in Gens I-V. We even know Reborn would technically be placed in California. Not really a spoiler but Reborn is Orre's neighboring region.

12 minutes ago, Wevrand said:

I kinda agree with Pokemon Reborn being set on an alternate timeline of sorts. (Mainly because of how dark the game's lore is.)

Its nothing the Pokemon games haven't covered before, its just more in your face this time. IMO Reborn fits perfectly with the game's timeline, the only problem it has is the talking Gossip Gardivor but that is a minor issue.

On 9/18/2018 at 5:20 PM, The Swordsman said:

Its nothing the Pokemon games haven't covered before, its just more in your face this time. IMO Reborn fits perfectly with the game's timeline, the only problem it has is the talking Gossip Gardivor but that is a minor issue.

Copycat's Doduo could talk in RBY, the rocket Murkrow could at the very least imitate human speech in GSC, and a Zoroark in B2 & W2 could talk while disguised as a human. Talking Pokemon aren't really anything new in Pokemon, its just unusual.

19 hours ago, wcv said:

Copycat's Doduo could talk in RBY, the rocket Murkrow could at the very least imitate human speech in GSC, and a Zoroark in B2 & W2 could talk while disguised as a human. Talking Pokemon aren't really anything new in Pokemon, its just unusual.

I'm not sure what hit me more, the fact that you remember all of these, or the fact that I can recall every of these moments, circumstances, etc.

2 hours ago, Egzample said:

I'm not sure what hit me more, the fact that you remember all of these, or the fact that I can recall every of these moments, circumstances, etc.

*shrug*

I didn't have a lot of games growing up. So the ones I had I played religiously. I've probably put a thousand hours into each of generations i-iv (one game a generation that is.)

• Developers

talking pokemon shouldn't be surprising every pokemon movie ever has dealt with the things and the keldeo movie went out of its way to make every main pokemon ally from that movie have the ability of cognizant speech ( I hate keldeo with a burning passion even if he was voiced by Edward Elric )

13 hours ago, smeargletail said:

talking pokemon shouldn't be surprising every pokemon movie ever has dealt with the things and the keldeo movie went out of its way to make every main pokemon ally from that movie have the ability of cognizant speech ( I hate keldeo with a burning passion even if he was voiced by Edward Elric )

The anime is a different continuity that differs greatly from the world of the games.