Sign in to follow this  
Nue

Shiny Rowlet Should I or just keep Hunting?

Question

So after around an hour of resetting I got this little guy here.

1082234380_ShouldIorJustKeepLooking.png.3582f9aaf87ca66e1a3d44511efec660.png

Its Naive nature and has a good set of IVs so just wondering if it would be worth keep and changing its nature later on or should I just keep hunting for a Naughty, Adament, Jolliy, or Sassy nature one?

6 answers to this question

It doesn't have bad IVs for a starter. I mean, that juicy 31 would have been better on Atk, but I find this cutiepie to be nevertheless good, and it has HA, so. If you really want to change its nature, just do it later in the game, imho ^^

3 hours ago, Aessence said:

It doesn't have bad IVs for a starter. I mean, that juicy 31 would have been better on Atk, but I find this cutiepie to be nevertheless good, and it has HA, so. If you really want to change its nature, just do it later in the game, imho ^^

I take anything over 15 in IVs that go into its main attacking stat. Since I posted this I've run into two shiny Modest ones almost back to back. I swear it trying to mock me lol.

2 hours ago, Nue said:

So after around an hour of resetting I got this little guy here.

1082234380_ShouldIorJustKeepLooking.png.3582f9aaf87ca66e1a3d44511efec660.png

Its Naive nature and has a good set of IVs so just wondering if it would be worth keep and changing its nature later on or should I just keep hunting for a Naughty, Adament, Jolliy, or Sassy nature one?

Resetting for good shinies isn´t worth it in Reborn. In the early stages of the game, your IVs don´t matter that much and in the later stages, you should have the shiny charm and just breed some perfect ones. Regarding your Rowlet: The IVs are clearly far above average and the nature isn´t super bad -> I would keep it.

2 hours ago, LilyX said:

Resetting for good shinies isn´t worth it in Reborn. In the early stages of the game, your IVs don´t matter that much and in the later stages, you should have the shiny charm and just breed some perfect ones. Regarding your Rowlet: The IVs are clearly far above average and the nature isn´t super bad -> I would keep it.

Thx playing with it now and looking for some good early mons to use. Know any good ones? I have a Minccino and Pachirisu right now. I swear it was an espurr when I checked before restting for Rowlet.

1 hour ago, Nue said:

Thx playing with it now and looking for some good early mons to use. Know any good ones? I have a Minccino and Pachirisu right now. I swear it was an espurr when I checked before restting for Rowlet.

I read somewhere that Minccino/Espurr is actually not decided quite from the beginning but at a point later.

About good early mons: your first mistake was picking Rowlet 🙂 I think the most important one is easily Makuhita.

K decided to go back cause of my OCD with natures and on day two of resetting I got this. (I have lowered my IV standred to 10 in usable stats). I finally got this little guy here.

1553310034_GoodorNo.png.917e6a087fc9cd8eeec56ceaa8f0905c.png

Its Sassy nature (Cause Rowlet's speed isn't that good to begin with) and it defense is already a low base anyway so I don't care much for its IVs. I think it could serve as a good Sp wall if I need it. I can change its ability to long reach if I need too.

Thoughts on it????

And before you start saying use another starter Rowlet is one my favorite grass types (Grass being my favorite type to use) and I love the shiny in this game.