Need Some Helpful strats against Aya

WulfricUtred

Ok, it's nothing major but I can't for the life of me get through her
I manage to get her down to her last two mons (Dragalge and Drapion, the double D's), but it's just so damn tedious after that.
I Originally didn't know about the wasteland effect (couldn't find the actual field effect file anywhere and i didn't have a chance to google it till now) so I didn't actually have mons designed around it. I was banking on my Golem, Dwayne, to just power through with earthquake and be done with it. 
But then as you all know, Wibble Wobble Wibble Wobble and I'm doing like, 20 hp maybe?
Anyway, fiddling around with a lot of Really, really stupid strats like para hax and such I manage to get her down to those two but they just straight up oh-ko the rest of the mons I got.
I haven't had any trouble in the game so far, I keep having to spam commond candies 'cause my mons keep overlevelling because I know the game is very grind heavy even if I haven't got much time for it
Is there any suggested strat to beat her? I know using a Terrain move would solve the problem, but I can't seem to find any in the wild that have field moves and I don't have the time to sit, breed, Hope for decent Ivs/nature and all that Just to get something like Electric Terrain on ampharos.
My current team is:

• Ampharos lvl 44 
    Nature: Bashfull
    Ability: Static
    Moves:
    Charge Beam (Used to be confuse ray but I swapped it out for this because I was using Ampharos alongside Sharpedo and didn't want to oh-ko my own mon)
    Thunder Wave
    Discharge
    Power Gem

• Dusclops lvl 44
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Pressure
    Moves:
    Shadow Sneak
    Shadow Ball
    Will-O-Wisp
    Rock Smash

• Dwayne the Rock Golem lvl 44
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Rock Head
    Moves:
    Earthquake
    Explosion
    Smack Down
    Stealth Rock

• Charizard lvl 44
    Nature: Quirky
    Ability: Solar Power
    Moves:
    Fire Fang
    Slash
    Fire Pledge
    Wing Attack

• Zangoose lvl 41
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Toxic Boost
    Moves:
    Embrago
    Detect
    X-Scissor
    Night Slash

• (Forgot my toxicroak)
    Toxicroak lvl 44
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Poison Touch
    Moves:
    Venoshock
    Mud Bomb
    Sucker Punch
    Drain Punch

I would teach them all Better moves and such, but I have got borderline No TMs even after hours of searching and I can't get the key for the move releaner until I get to use Strength
    I could really use a nudge in a good direction.
    And yes I am aware that the majority of the Natures are complete ass, I'm just bankin off the fact that there's the guy that changes Natures in 7th street, so I'm waiting for that to gamble for something Better.
    Thanks in Advance. I'm going to go attempt beating my head against the brick wall That is Aya till it either submits or my skull cracks
Edited by WulfricUtred
Clarity

2 hours ago, WulfricUtred said:

Ok, it's nothing major but I can't for the life of me get through her
I manage to get her down to her last two mons (Dragalge and Drapion, the double D's), but it's just so damn tedious after that.
I Originally didn't know about the wasteland effect (couldn't find the actual field effect file anywhere and i didn't have a chance to google it till now) so I didn't actually have mons designed around it. I was banking on my Golem, Dwayne, to just power through with earthquake and be done with it. 
But then as you all know, Wibble Wobble Wibble Wobble and I'm doing like, 20 hp maybe?
Anyway, fiddling around with a lot of Really, really stupid strats like para hax and such I manage to get her down to those two but they just straight up oh-ko the rest of the mons I got.
I haven't had any trouble in the game so far, I keep having to spam commond candies 'cause my mons keep overlevelling because I know the game is very grind heavy even if I haven't got much time for it
Is there any suggested strat to beat her? I know using a Terrain move would solve the problem, but I can't seem to find any in the wild that have field moves and I don't have the time to sit, breed, Hope for decent Ivs/nature and all that Just to get something like Electric Terrain on ampharos.
My current team is:

• Ampharos lvl 44 
    Nature: Bashfull
    Ability: Static
    Moves:
    Charge Beam (Used to be confuse ray but I swapped it out for this because I was using Ampharos alongside Sharpedo and didn't want to oh-ko my own mon)
    Thunder Wave
    Discharge
    Power Gem

• Dusclops lvl 44
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Pressure
    Moves:
    Shadow Sneak
    Shadow Ball
    Will-O-Wisp
    Rock Smash

• Dwayne the Rock Golem lvl 44
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Rock Head
    Moves:
    Earthquake
    Explosion
    Smack Down
    Stealth Rock

• Charizard lvl 44
    Nature: Quirky
    Ability: Solar Power
    Moves:
    Fire Fang
    Slash
    Fire Pledge
    Wing Attack

• Zangoose lvl 41
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Toxic Boost
    Moves:
    Embrago
    Detect
    X-Scissor
    Night Slash

• (Forgot my toxicroak)
    Toxicroak lvl 44
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Poison Touch
    Moves:
    Venoshock
    Mud Bomb
    Sucker Punch
    Drain Punch

I would teach them all Better moves and such, but I have got borderline No TMs even after hours of searching and I can't get the key for the move releaner until I get to use Strength
    I could really use a nudge in a good direction.
    And yes I am aware that the majority of the Natures are complete ass, I'm just bankin off the fact that there's the guy that changes Natures in 7th street, so I'm waiting for that to gamble for something Better.
    Thanks in Advance. I'm going to go attempt beating my head against the brick wall That is Aya till it either submits or my skull cracks

Do you mind posting your safe file? I find it easier to device a working strategy when I can play around a little.

1 hour ago, WulfricUtred said:

Ah, Rng for the win then
Was gonna try to grind up a quagsire or palpitoad to take over Dwayne the Rock Golem's place but if stealth rock is the way, I hope this works

thanks

Those wouldn't have helped. More or less any physical ground move is reduced to something like 25% on the Wasteland field. So yeah.

That said there ARE ground types that do well here. Specifically Nidoking and Nidoqueen. You can grab Nidoran male at the game corner, and Nidorina from Beryl Cave if you have the Silver Ring. Both Pokemon learn Earth Power by level up, and Earth Power's...uh...power is not reduced by the field. You should have found a Moon Stone in the South Obsidia slums, and can find another by mining. 

You can also get a Meditite from Apophyll which is a powerful psychic type assuming it has its pure power ability.

Based on your team I'd remove Charizard, Ampharos, and Dusclops for this battle and replace them with Nidoking, Nidoqueen, and Medicham. If you don't feel like training up three new Pokemon I'd say replace Ampharos with Nidoking (Sheer Force would be nice). Then Charizard with Medicham or Nidoqueen, depending on whether you feel like looking for another Moon Stone.)

Edited by wcv

I thought mud bomb/mud shot and certain ground moves got a boost from this field

And I Had that meditite, but it didn't know a single psychic move nor could I teach it any (no releaner or psychyc tms)

As for nidoking, I will try to grind him up 

Though I don't have a moonstone, I kind of sort of maybe wasted it on a munna in the hops of it learning psychic terrain

Dumb idea but shit happens and i live with my mistakes

Normally I just spam psychic and earth power until she died but you could focus on her secondary type like electric for her toxapex or fire for venasaure you can catch a swinub in front of Shade's gym so it can learn that STAB ice shard to kill that Dragalge (it is has hight sp.def but def...not so much) or you can catch more psychic types like espurr at lapis ward or gothita at the beryl libary.

you can also catch Numel at pyros mountain and evolve it to camerupt,it learns earth power which won't get nerf by her field

Edited by Angelkitsune

2 minutes ago, WulfricUtred said:

I thought mud bomb/mud shot and certain ground moves got a boost from this field

And I Had that meditite, but it didn't know a single psychic move nor could I teach it any (no releaner or psychyc tms)

As for nidoking, I will try to grind him up 

Though I don't have a moonstone, I kind of sort of maybe wasted it on a munna in the hops of it learning psychic terrain

Dumb idea but shit happens and i live with my mistakes

And I did not realize Medicham learned no psychic moves by level up. Shows how long its been since I trained one.

Also, here's a pair of moonstones. I have extras. A lot of extras.

Game.rxdata

2 minutes ago, Angelkitsune said:

Normally I just spam psychic and earth power until she died but you could focus on her secondary type like electric for her toxapex or fire for venasaure you can catch a swinub in front of Shade's gym so it can learn that STAB ice shard to kill that Dragalge (it is has hight sp.def but def...not so much) or you can catch more psychic types like espurr at lapis ward or gothita at the beryl libary.

you can also catch Numel at pyros mountain and evolve it to camerupt,it learns earth power which won't get nerf by her field

Boy I love this game but the homework that comes with it, man. 21 and I'm still doin homework lol but that I'll look into training an Espurr
I usually spam Discharge and 2h-ko toxapex followed up by fire pledge from Old Reliable on the Venasaur, while I tend to whittle Nidoqueen down with either Dwayne the Rock Golem or Toxicroak with drain punch

1 minute ago, wcv said:

And I did not realize Medicham learned no psychic moves by level up. Shows how long its been since I trained one.

Also, here's a pair of moonstones. I have extras. A lot of extras.

Game.rxdata

And trust me I feel you. I went into Kiki's gym to get that Medicham all convinced that I was about to train up her counter
Only to then google Medicham's Movepool and see "Confusion, HAH hit the move releaner"
To which I just said fuck it and started spamming the ever living shit out of Toxicroak
And thanks for the moon stones my dear

1 minute ago, Angelkitsune said:

btw does Aya's team change in Ep18 I haven't reach her in my new playthrough yet.

So far it's toxapex, salazzle, drapion, dragalge, nidoqueen and vensaraur, so nah must still be the same

3 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

Leave her toxipex until last, focus on whatever mons appear on the other side.

I will keep that in mind then

24 minutes ago, WulfricUtred said:

So far it's toxapex, salazzle, drapion, dragalge, nidoqueen and vensaraur, so nah must still be the same

I will keep that in mind then

Alright, follow these steps:

- teach musharna charge beam

- lead sharpedo + musharna

- turn 1: use destiny bond and calm mind -> sharpedo dies and takes down toxapex

- bring in charizard, she brings in drapion

- turn 2: fire pledge the drapion and use x-defend on musharna -> charizard dies to stealth rock from nido and drapion knock offs into musharna

- bring in toxicroak

- turn 3: toxicroak uses full restore on musharna, musharna psychic the nidoqueen -> nido dies

- turn 4: toxicroak super potions the musharna, musharna psychics the salazzle

- turn 5: toxicroak super potions musharna, musharna psychics venusaur -> toxicroak and venusaur die

- bring in golem

- turn 6: explode with golem and psychic dragalge

- bring in whatever

- turn 7: super potion the musharna and charge beam the drapion.

I was able to replicate this three times in a row, so it seems to be a robust way of beating her even with damage rolls etc.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand she's down.
Holy Bitch Titts that was easy with a nidoqueen.
Thank you people for the help.

1 minute ago, LilyX said:

Alright, follow these steps:

- teach musharna charge beam

- lead sharpedo + musharna

- turn 1: use destiny bond and calm mind -> sharpedo dies and takes down toxapex

- bring in charizard, he brings in drapion

- turn 2: fire pledge the drapion and use x-defend on musharna -> charizard dies to stealth rock from nido and drapion knock offs into musharna

- bring in toxicroak

- turn 3: toxicroak uses full restore on musharna, musharna psychic the nidoqueen -> nido dies

- turn 4: toxicroak super potions the musharna, musharna psychics the salazzle

- turn 5: toxicroak super potions musharna, musharna psychics venusaur -> toxicroak and venusaur die

- bring in golem

- turn 6: explode with golem and psychic dragalge

- bring in whatever

- turn 7: super potion the musharna and charge beam the drapion.

I was able to replicate this three times in a row, so it seems to be a robust way of beating her even with damage rolls etc.

Lady, Don't think you'll ever realise how much I actually appreciate the fact that you in game tried it yourself to try and help.
No joke, that is, dayum.

4 minutes ago, WulfricUtred said:

Lady, Don't think you'll ever realise how much I actually appreciate the fact that you in game tried it yourself to try and help.
No joke, that is, dayum.

No problem! I always prefer suggesting strategies with your own pokemon over suggesting to catch/train/evolve new pokemon to beat a battle. And that´s only really possible by testing a little bit in-game.

1 minute ago, LilyX said:

No problem! I always prefer suggesting strategies with your own pokemon over suggesting to catch/train/evolve new pokemon to beat a battle. And that´s only really possible by testing a little bit in-game.

That's the way I usually go about things
By all means the catching and levelling starts works wonders but I always like that extra sense of "I did it with the shit I had and Won"