Lin

Zander

Well I can't write status updates anymore on mobile because the option doesn't display so I guess I'll just make this post.

In Agate city we get to learn about Lin's thought process a bit about how she thinks that the world runs by making people bow. But if too many people are suppressed then wouldn't there be a rebellion sooner or later? Then the only option would be kill or be killed. If Lin kills everyone then there'll be no one to rule. So her plan is basically doomed to fail then. At least that's my conclusion.

Also I think that Lin has only one Pokémon that is her Hydreigon but it's waay over the level cap(like level 1000). If the theory of the adult Lin being a robot while child Lin is immortal is true then it would make sense for her to rely on only one pokemon. There's only so much a child can handle after all and controlling a robot would be pretty tough. Also earning the trust of 5 other Pokémon doesn't seem like a Lin thing to me. And since she can bend time and what not it'll be pretty plausible for her Hydreigon to be way past the level cap.

That's all for Lin.

1 hour ago, Zander said:

Well I can't write status updates anymore on mobile because the option doesn't display so I guess I'll just make this post.

In Agate city we get to learn about Lin's thought process a bit about how she thinks that the world runs by making people bow. But if too many people are suppressed then wouldn't there be a rebellion sooner or later? Then the only option would be kill or be killed. If Lin kills everyone then there'll be no one to rule. So her plan is basically doomed to fail then. At least that's my conclusion.

Also I think that Lin has only one Pokémon that is her Hydreigon but it's waay over the level cap(like level 1000). If the theory of the adult Lin being a robot while child Lin is immortal is true then it would make sense for her to rely on only one pokemon. There's only so much a child can handle after all and controlling a robot would be pretty tough. Also earning the trust of 5 other Pokémon doesn't seem like a Lin thing to me. And since she can bend time and what not it'll be pretty plausible for her Hydreigon to be way past the level cap.

That's all for Lin.

i dont think hydreigon is her only mon. because it would make the fight against her very onedimensional.

i guess i agree with the other part, its a problem that a lot of fantasy villain face.

Spoiler

We at least know that Lin had Hydreigon as well as all of Ames Pokemon (which she stole). It’s also very likely she will use Pulseus. 

There is also the theory that depending on story choices she will have other Pokemon, such as potentially Takas Chatot.

i think she will use pulse arceus

Spoiler

i dont think hydreigon is level 1000.because 1000 is too much and the only way to beat it would be destiny bond or perish song murkrow. lin also has ame's mons,pulse arceus. it would be a one sided match which we possibly cant win.so hydreigon being level 1000 does not make an sense

Edited by haribob

I mean, she could have all the Pokémon of other people but it would be very weird for those Pokémon to actually listen to her. Especially after she killed their trainers and Reborn's system of Pokémon disobeying the trainer who isn't strong shows Pokémon can have some sort of ego.

I also don't think that we'll actually be battling the Arceus because if it can really warp reality and dimensions and especially if it has already done so once before, there's really nothing anybody could do to damage it.

• Veterans
Just now, Zander said:

I mean, she could have all the Pokémon of other people but it would be very weird for those Pokémon to actually listen to her. Especially after she killed their trainers and Reborn's system of Pokémon disobeying the trainer who isn't strong.

I also don't think that we'll actually be battling the Arceus because if it can really warp reality and dimensions and especially if it has already done so once before, there's really nothing anybody could do to damage it.

Spoiler

Listen to what Eve says about PULSE2, it allows the trainer to control the will of any Pokemon that it's attached to if they want to.

Just now, Azeria said:
  Hide contents

Listen to what Eve says about PULSE2, it allows the trainer to control the will of any Pokemon that it's attached to if they want to.

That's true I guess. It still feels really weird to me though that she would even bother with other Pokémon seeing as she doesn't trust anyone other than herself and probably her Hydreigon.

• Veterans
1 minute ago, Zander said:

That's true I guess. It still feels really weird to me though that she would even bother with other Pokémon seeing as she doesn't trust anyone other than herself and probably her Hydreigon.

Spoiler

Psychological effect. She's taking them to mess with you.

1 hour ago, Zander said:

Why do you think people would inevitably rebel within her lifetime? Just looking at history, you can find plenty of autocratic dynasties that lasted centuries. Lin would just have to be strong enough to crush her opposition while the plebs wouldn't dare challenge her. There is no reason to kill everyone. This is of course assuming her plan is to rule the region/world or whatever.

Regarding Lin's Hydreigon, I don't see why it would have to be some impossible level. If you're referring to it living a Moonblast from Ame's lvl 89 Alola-Ninetales, it could easily live if Ame's Ninetales had no special attack investment even if the Hydreigon had zero investment in HP or SpDef. Or if Ninetales had 252 EVs in SpAtk, Hydreigon could live with max HP investment and a little in SpDef. Or max SpDef, zero HP. That's all assuming Ame's Ninetales has 31 SpAtk IVs. And Lin could have even slapped an Assault Vest on Hydreigon for all we know. That's all far more likely than level 200 Pokemon.

I also seriously doubt it's her only Pokemon. She's probably like that guy from the DP anime who was only spamming Darkrai for the entire tournament because nobody could beat it and when Ash finally did, the dude pulled out a Latios and won the battle. The fact that we haven't seen her other Pokemon doesn't mean she doesn't have any more. Having only 1 Pokemon is actually pretty stupid since even if it was lvl 1000000, I could beat it 1v1 with a sturdy/endeavor Aron with Shell bell unless she uses potions+outplays me. Yea, I'm not buying it. She almost certainly has a full team.

54 minutes ago, haribob said:

i dont think hydreigon is level 1000.because 1000 is too much and the only way to beat it would be destiny bond or perish song murkrow

Have you heard of the move endeavor? Anything with sash/sturdy+endeavor could get it down to 1 hp and then finish it off with quick attack or if it was an Aron with shell bell, you would life steal the hp back and finish it off with hidden power after tanking a 2nd hit. If it has leftovers that would beat this strategy but in that case just set up sand and it will die 1st turn before getting the regen/potion. It could literally be level 10^50 and this strat would kill it unless she got a dark pulse flinch or something.

57 minutes ago, Gheist said:

Why do you think people would inevitably rebel within her lifetime? Just looking at history, you can find plenty of autocratic dynasties that lasted centuries. Lin would just have to be strong enough to crush her opposition while the plebs wouldn't dare challenge her. There is no reason to kill everyone. This is of course assuming her plan is to rule the region/world or whatever.

I'm assuming that the plebs challenge her as well since everyone was able to get together and restore Reborn city so they would be motivated to save themselves as well. Also the theory is that Lin is immortal so she'll probably be seeing many rebellions in her life.

57 minutes ago, Gheist said:

Regarding Lin's Hydreigon, I don't see why it would have to be some impossible level.

Because she's capable of stuff like warping time and bringing non existent objects into the current timeline. It has nothing to do with the Alolan Ninetails but just the fact that she can do crazy super power stuff so it would make sense for her Pokémon to be buff. Her Hydreigon also vaporized a mountain sized Steelix so I think it's pretty plausible. And also that it goes along with my theory of her having only one Pokémon though I guess not many people agree on that.

Spoiler

Regarding her Hydreigon, I wouldn't be surprised if it has a Pulse2 device that allows it to have 252 EVs in every stat on top of it being Level 100. Seriously doubt anything above level 100 will be a thing. It being Max HP and Max Special Defense actually does explain how it survived a Dazzling Gleam from Alolan Ninetales during the Devon Corp raid

1 minute ago, Zander said:

I'm assuming that the plebs challenge her as well since everyone was able to get together and restore Reborn city so they would be motivated to save themselves as well.

So she would be murdering them without breaking a sweat and you think they would just keep throwing themselves at Lin to the last man? Did Reborn city become Sparta or something?

Fear works. If Lin killed their leader and it was clear to everyone that beating her was impossible, they would surrender and fall in line. Maybe not everybody but definitely the majority.

And anyway, she already has Meteor grunts obeying her so there is no reason why she'd have to genocide everyone even if they were all Spartans.

6 minutes ago, Zander said:

Because she's capable of stuff like warping time and bringing non existent objects into the current timeline. It has nothing to do with the Alolan Ninetails but just the fact that she can do crazy super power stuff so it would make sense for her Pokémon to be buff. Her Hydreigon also vaporized a mountain sized Steelix so I think it's pretty plausible. And also that it goes along with my theory of her having only one Pokémon though I guess not many people agree on that.

When did Lin ever "warp time" and bring "non existent objects into the current timeline"? But I don't know, maybe her Hydreigon was buffed or maybe not. The fact that it can do insane things in the overworld doesn't really tell us much since it's hard to compare it to an in game battle. The battle mechanics often don't make too much sense when you put things into perspective. For example, Groudon supposedly raised continents yet it doesn't kill all the present trainers when it uses a move and it gets one shotted by a Golduck using hydro pump.

So my point is, an EV trained lvl 100 Hydreigon with perfect IVs very well might be able to vaporize an entire mountain in the overworld. I see no reason why it wouldn't be able to just because it doesn't seem that powerful in an in game battle.

Oh and Lin has Ame's Pokemon at the very least since she already used Ninetales against us. That also proves that she's not unwilling to use Pokemon other than her Hydreigon.

39 minutes ago, Gheist said:

When did Lin ever "warp time" and bring "non existent objects into the current timeline"?

Spoiler

The relic stone in Agate city where we had to use dive. It wasn't present in our timeline and Lin brought it out of another timeline and said life is unfair like that.

Just now, Zander said:
  Hide contents

The relic stone in Agate city where we had to use dive. It wasn't present in our timeline and Lin brought it out of another timeline and said life is unfair like that.

Spoiler

Pretty sure she actually just pulled that out of the ground based on its resemblance to a similar thing from either XD/Gale of Darkness, idr which.

3 minutes ago, Swampellow said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Pretty sure she actually just pulled that out of the ground based on its resemblance to a similar thing from either XD/Gale of Darkness, idr which.

Spoiler

The Relic Stone's in both games, it just didn't get anywhere near as much of a spotlight in XD due to the existence of a more efficient synthetic substitute and the fact that all the Time Flutes were used/ collected up in Colosseum.

2 hours ago, Zander said:

I'm assuming that the plebs challenge her as well since everyone was able to get together and restore Reborn city so they would be motivated to save themselves as well. Also the theory is that Lin is immortal so she'll probably be seeing many rebellions in her life.

Spoiler

In the area that she made the stone-thing appear from nothing, she mentioned how we are *ALL* nothing without a God (something along these lines, she definitely implied she herself is also nothing without a God), right before popping a multi-ton Pulse-Arceus battery from across time. I guess that speaks for itself regarding who's the one actually doing the "magic". If it's not Arceus, it could be Giratina, as it's already speculated from other people.

22 hours ago, Gheist said:

Regarding Lin's Hydreigon, I don't see why it would have to be some impossible level. If you're referring to it living a Moonblast from Ame's lvl 89 Alola-Ninetales, it could easily live if Ame's Ninetales had no special attack investment even if the Hydreigon had zero investment in HP or SpDef. Or if Ninetales had 252 EVs in SpAtk, Hydreigon could live with max HP investment and a little in SpDef. Or max SpDef, zero HP. That's all assuming Ame's Ninetales has 31 SpAtk IVs. And Lin could have even slapped an Assault Vest on Hydreigon for all we know. That's all far more likely than level 200 Pokemon.

I also seriously doubt it's her only Pokemon. She's probably like that guy from the DP anime who was only spamming Darkrai for the entire tournament because nobody could beat it and when Ash finally did, the dude pulled out a Latios and won the battle. The fact that we haven't seen her other Pokemon doesn't mean she doesn't have any more. Having only 1 Pokemon is actually pretty stupid since even if it was lvl 1000000, I could beat it 1v1 with a sturdy/endeavor Aron with Shell bell unless she uses potions+outplays me. Yea, I'm not buying it. She almost certainly has a full team.

Have you heard of the move endeavor? Anything with sash/sturdy+endeavor could get it down to 1 hp and then finish it off with quick attack or if it was an Aron with shell bell, you would life steal the hp back and finish it off with hidden power after tanking a 2nd hit. If it has leftovers that would beat this strategy but in that case just set up sand and it will die 1st turn before getting the regen/potion. It could literally be level 10^50 and this strat would kill it unless she got a dark pulse flinch or something.

yeah,endeavor can also beat it. but,it is not neccesary that it needs to dark pulse flinch.it can just toxic kill every non-steel lvl 1 mons.for aron and nosepass,deino gets double hit as an egg move. stop being silly.

6 hours ago, haribob said:

yeah,endeavor can also beat it. but,it is not neccesary that it needs to dark pulse flinch.it can just toxic kill every non-steel lvl 1 mons.for aron and nosepass,deino gets double hit as an egg move. stop being silly.

Yea I'm sure Lin's Hydreigon has double hit in case she runs into any lvl 1 Arons. Fine then, double hit has 90% accuracy but even without that, I can just slap a berry juice on my Aron and live both hits with sturdy then endeavor back and watch it die to sand. And why do you think using toxic on a level 1 mon would do anything for you? Their endeavor would still get you down to under 10 hp (it gets you down to the users actual hp value, not the %) so I guess you would live the quick attack but anything else could easily kill you afterwards.

So okay if she has double hit specifically as a counter to this type of strategy, I might have to alter it slightly to be able to kill Hydreigon but it's still a guaranteed win because now she can't even flinch me. I guess berry juice might even be better in that case if you're looking to kill 1 specific mon. She would need 2 dark pulse flinches in that case if sand is up or if I have another priority mon to revenge kill it after.