I'm curious on what your favourite starters are from Gens 1-7, and feel free to state your reasons as to why you like them. I would appreciate it if nobody insults other people's opinions, except in an endearing manner 🙂 I'll start first:

Gen 1: Venusaur - One of the main reasons I like Venusaur is because it looks like a quadrapet dinosaur (The recent Let's Go trailer for Venusaur walking animation showed that Venusaur is a frog). I still love it regardless. It's good battle-wise; gets a lot of good moves early such as Sleep Powder and Leech Seed, and it's Mega Evolution further enhances it's strength. I also like it's design.

Gen 2: Feraligatr - What can I say? A water-type alligator that can stand on it's legs? I'm sold. This thing gets Ice Fang in HGSS, which helped me a TON against Lance, and is great in competitive battling, with Sheer Force LO; my favourite set for nearly any Pokemon. 

Gen 3: Swampert - ~~Hey, I herd you liek mudkipz~~ Memes aside, Swampert is a dope-looking mon with ONLY ONE WEAKNESS. How cool is that? It also has good defensive, and carried me throughout my Hoenn playthrough. And who needs steroids when it gets access to Mega Evolution!! Swift Swim and a decent speed stat just sweeps teams if it gets the chance.

Gen 4: Infernape - Not much explanation here, design is ABSOLUTE FLAMES ~~pun intended~~ getting access to a variety of powerful attacks such as Close Combat, Flare Blitz, Grass Knot, Thunderpunch, and an Iron Fist boosted STAB Mach Punch for strong priority!!!!!

Gen 5: Samurott - A samurai-looking Pokemon s enough to impress me; and it's design looks cool too! I almost always run a Special Attacking set for it, but an SD set works wonders, too! ~~If only it got Ice Punch~~

Gen 6: Chesnaught - This one may be a surprise to you all, but I did not think much of this Pokemon at first. But when I used it in a playthrough, I loved using Chesnaught. It's a great defensive mon with Spiky Shield; a buffed Protect, and Grass/Fighting is a great dual STAB combo. It looks like an old, armored pinecone, and I love it!!

Gen 7: Incineroar - This WWE Pokemon wrestler is so cool! It has it's own flaming belt, which is a nice design concept since it resembles a wrestler. Battle-wise, it gets some cool attacks like Darkness Lariat and Throat Chop. It even gets Intimidate, which is always a good ability regardless.

Let me know what you think!

Squirtle cuz cute also reborn shiny is dope

Chikorita and Cyndaquil cuz cute

Mudkip cuz i liek mudkipz

Piplup cuz cute

Snivy and Oshawott tie cuz they're both equally cute

Froakie cuz the others suck tbh

All of the gen 7 starters are really cute so...

2nd evolution

Warturtle is cute tbh

Quilava is also cute

Grovyle is cute

Monferno cuz the rest suck

Dewott is surprinsgly cute

Braxien cuz the others suck

And then Gen 7 just sucks

3rd evoltuion

Charizard hands down

Typhlosion hands down

Blaziken hands down

I actually like all of gen 4 final evolutions for their starters.

Serperior hands down

Greninja hands down

Primarina hands down

• Like 1

Gen I: Charizard. I mean it’s a dragon. This Pokemon was the REASON I bought the game. Unfortunate that Blue had the better Pokemon selection. Also, it showed Ash the respect he deserved. Until Orange Islands anyway.

Gen 2: Cyndaquil. My love of fire types was cemented here. This thing’s great. Being the best starter this Gen was just a bonus.

gen 3: Sceptile I guess. Honestly this was the first gen I wasn’t crazy about the starters.

Gen IV: Torterra. Torterra’s great. Good move pool, good bulk. Also the other two are penguin and monkey. So eww.

Gen V: Petilil. Sorry, I hate the Gen V starters. Dumped mine as soon as I saw this little gal.

Gen VI: Delphox. She’s a witch. Nuff said.

Gen VII: Primarinia: Good typing, sweet design. Messed up gender ratio, but nothing SR’s can’t fix. Named her River Barge.

• Like 1

While my opinions won't be quite as in-depth with moves stats or abilities, I'll give it a go.

Gen 1: Charizard. Generic, I know, but I'm a sucker for fire breathing almost-dragons. And once it becomes mega charizard X it finally gets the dragon typing it deserves.

Gen 2: Feraligatr. I don't know why, but it reminds me of the crash bandicoot villain dingodile, and I love it. 

Gen 3: Swampert. Specifically for the memories of when I first got Pokemon emerald and chose mudkip, got halfway through the game, and then my sister accidentally reset my game. Despite that detour, I started again and got to enjoy battling with swampert all over again. EARTHQUAKE TO VICTORY!

Gen 4: Torterra. RIP my first gen 4 starter in pearl, despite the massive weakness to ice, it was a powerhouse, and holds a special spot in my memory. If only my pearl game hadn't been stolen.

Gen 5: Emboar. A giant fire pig with fists? Why, yes please. The first Pokemon I ever got to level 100. Good memories. 

Gen 6: Greninja. The thought of a ninja frog sounded silly until I saw Greninja. Who would have thought that something using its tongue as a scarf could pull it off while looking so AWESOME. 

Gen 7: Decidueye. I was gonna say incineroar, but the name pun you can use on decidueye is just too glorious to put it in second place. Long live Robin Hoot.

• Like 1

Gen 1

This one's interesting. When I first played through Red, I began my journey with Blastoise. I still love that thing, and have a soft spot for it, but as of late, I've become extremely fond of Venusaur. It has a fun type, good bulk, and an awesome mega.

Gen 2

I'll be frank with you; I don't care about any of the starters in this gen that much. I guess I'll say Typhlosion, as it's design is at least neat (or at least when it's flames are up).

Gen 3

No question for me here: Swampert. This is my all time favorite Pokemon. Great type, great bulk, great attack, great level up moves, great mega; this thing has a lot going for it. Hell, it's even one of the most dominant starters to ever solo a region. Swampert is phenomenal.

Gen 4

Again, most of the starters I don't care for at all. Torterra is just boring, and Empoleon, while cool, takes a while to get going. However, I do have to talk about Infernape. Generally, I hate fast fire type sweepers, but I'll make an exception for Infernape, as hot damn, this thing is versatile.

Gen 5

Let's get straight to the point; the answer for me is Emboar. Yes, it's ugly, but it doesn't matter to me as long as it's fun to use. You haven't witnessed the destruction an Emboar can cause until you've used one with Reckless.

Gen 6

A very solid set of starters here. However, for me, I'm going to go with Chesnaught. Greninja and Delphox are still fantastic, but I love tanky mons, and Chesnaught access to moves such as Spiky Shield and Leech Seed won me over immediately.

Gen 7

So at first, I wanted to say none of them, but then I remembered Decidueye exists, so I guess I'll say that one...?

Okay, I don't really like any of them in gen 7, but I dislike Decidueye the least.

• Like 1

Eeeeeeeeeep this will be hard. Okay *clench fingers

Gen 1: Charizard

- My honest favorite, no matter how overrated. I love everything about it since Gen 1. Venusaur comes in second but love Blastoise just as much.

Gen 2: Typhlosion

- My first ever starter, first ever 100 level mon and my favorite fire type for life.

Gen 3: Swampert

- Hoenn came into my life by opening that dvd box that contained the movie "Jirachi - Wish Maker" (Loved it, had a powerful ost) and anybody who watched it knew about the short film that came with it. It was titled "Gotta Dance" and it was the best thing ever and I recommend everyone to watch it 1000%. Anyway, that was when I became head over heels with Mudkip.

Gen 4: Infernape

- Chimchar is the GOAT and has always been. When it became Infernape, it just got way awesomer.

Gen 5: Samurott

- Anyone who hates Oshawott can shove it. I mean how could you? (Well yeah, different taste but still invalid). It was Samurott's design that ended the competition. Poseidon's beard and when I knew that he can wield a spear like shell for a sword, bruh.

Gen 6: Greninja.

- Delphox and Chesnaught honey love you both but, it's Greninja. A ninja frog is just everything and having it's tongue for a scarf it just one of the most creative things ever with a mon design.

Gen 7: Decidueye

- Decidueye WON in Gen 7. Best concept with the Owl Archer and that's not else? It has a HOOD? Also Glasses?? Legolas became a Pokemon. 

• Like 1

Ohy boy, a version of this thread that doesn't funnel into only answering with final stage pokes! Nice~! 

Gen. 1: Wartortle, hands down. All of the middle stages this gen attempt to go for some variant of 'the starters, but in their edgy phase', except charmeleon comes off as just being angry at everything and ivysaur is... really just a bigger bulbasaur, given that the Seed Pokemon already looked kinda annoyed in its earlier sprites. Wartortle, on the other hand, somehow manages to make having both pointed "ears" and a fluffy squirrel tail look kinda menacing, while showing off a level of attitude right out the gates that's almost certainly the inspiration for the Squirtle Squad in the anime! Not bad, for the most-overlooked phase in starter designs that happens to be part of one I never chose, no?

Gen. 2: I'm almost certainly in the minority here, but this Generation's starters never really clicked with me anywhere. Like, you know that thing where there's at least one pokemon among the starters that immediately makes you go 'I wanna use that thing!' when you're first introduced to them? That never happened to me with Johto. I guess I oughta put something down here, though, so I'm gonna say bayleef, for having the guts to do the 'battle scarred' thing well before sharpedo could despite being based off of a relatively peaceful creature and having one of the most passive Typings to boot! It's a shame meganium went and took the line in the complete opposite direction in the end...

Gen. 3: Let's be honest here, there's probably gonna be a few PMD2 fanpeoples cropping up here singing praises for grovyle because of just how awesome the Thief was as a character. Heck, we might get even lucky and see it get mentioned in the context of the anime, despite it really being charmeleon 2.0 over there (from what I understand, anyway)! Someone's oughta get that tide comin' in, and it would seem that this time, that someone is me. Represent! Really, though, this is the one Generation where I don't have any real grievances with any of the starters (blaziken's terrible posture in its Mystery Dungeon sprites notwithstanding), which is a pretty significant achievement. 

Gen. 4: For the longest time, I avoided using glass cannons like the plague. And then I opted to play a run of Diamond with chimchar as my starter on a complete whim, and HOLY FRIGGIN' CLOSE COMBAT did it prove its worth! The number of things that infernape utterly annihilated that run was astronomical, and what it couldn't reliably get was usually covered by my drapion- between those two, it wound up becoming the most fun I've had in Diamond to date! Given that I already liked infernape's design a fair bit before hand (though one likely couldn't tell through the sheer number of times I chose turtwig), experiencing the raw power it brought to the table firsthand simply served to edge out my old mainstay and claim the throne- something its inspiration never was quite capable of doing. This thing earned the popularity it enjoyed in the Gen. 4 metagame, that's for sure!

Gen. 5: Next on the list of middle stage pokemon I adore but wind up becoming something I'm less-than-fond-of upon reaching the mid-30's, we have... oh hey, it's another Water Type! I sort of connect to dewott in a way that no other starter has been able to replicate- it's prevo is all-around awkward and doesn't seem quite all there mentally (which is extremely reminiscent of my 9 year old self), and yet it gets its act together and become a highly competent agility-focused dual-wielder despite its previous shortcomings (a fighting style I personally default to when I find myself sword fighting; and no, we don't use actual metal swords)! Like, dang if that isn't a rarity right there! Unfortunately, its evolution sees it decide to take up a completely different fighting style overnight, thus putting its life's training to complete waste, but hey- nothing's perfect. 🤷‍♀️

Gen. 6: Something, something, blame Pokken and its decision to give Dream Drop Distance-esque aesthetics to a certain critter's Synergy Burst for me coming to like braixen. I mean, I never like the froakie line (come to think of it, I'm not a fan of any of the ninja-based pokemon 🤔), and while chespin's cute and chesnaught's putting in some serious work for me in Reborn, they don't really compare too well to ridiculous performance the fox puts on in the Ferrum Region! 

Gen. 7: You hear that? No? Well, there's a reason for that: decidueye's here to claim the last slot on my list! I mean, archers are cool enough already, but an archer that happens to also be of a bird family I've adored since my elementary years? An archer that uses parts of its own body to get the job done without any personal pain or financial loss? An archer bearing one of my favorite Types, and for dang good reason?! Please, that'd be enough to draw me thoroughly into Team Rowlett if dartrix hadn't already done that beforehand! But of course, it's an Alola starter, and Alola's starters got pumped full of personality right out of the gate- Pokken didn't even have to try to come up with something when it got added to that roster, and it really just goes to strengthen the stilt owl's appeal among those who were already liking that sweet design! Oh, and that Rejuvenation glitch that gave it Steam Eruption for some reason was pretty hilarious- I suppose that has to amount to something as well?

...Aaaand, done! It probably says something about me that most of these are middle stagers, and that no first stages made the cut at all, but what can I say? I've never been perfectly in touch with the mainstream in the first place~!

GEN 1

I'd have to go with Venusaur. No real reason why. I just like using that 1 more than the other 2.

GEN 2

Ohh boy. The gen with the least amusing starters. (Yes. I am going there.) I guess I'd have to go with Feraligatr only because I usually pick it whenever I decide to play through 2nd gen.

GEN 3

Sceptile. No hesitation to pick that 1. Blaziken is alright but Swampert is just... Let's just say it's part of my bottom 4. If you want to know what the other 3 are, look at the gen above this 1.

Gen 4

This 1 is difficult because they're ALL so cool to me. But Infernape has just a SMALL nudge above the other 2 simply because of the anime.

GEN 5

Snivy. And yes. I mean Snivy. Not Servine. Not Serperior. Snivy. Little dudette was fucking awesome in the anime and loved using her anytime I play Black/White/Black 2/White 2. (I know it can be a he but again, anime. So it shall always be a she to me!)

Gen 6

Greninja all the way. But not it's Ash form. Just regular. I've tried using the other 2 whenever I played X or Y but I could never get attached to them like I did with Greninja.

GEN 7

Decidueye. Anyone that knows me used to know that Gourgeist was in my top 6. Now, it has been replaced with Decidueye. It just looks so cool and I love it's movepool and stuff like that. It's fucking awesome!

Gen 1) Charmander because... He's so cool (with his mega :DD)

Gen 2) Totodile because... No reason, just this is my starter in gen 2 xD

Gen 3) Torchic because ITS OVER 9000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gen 4) Chimchar because He is so cool and powerful.

Gen 5) Tepig : because He is my starter in this Gen

Gen 6) Chespin because I like this pokemon 😄

Gen 7)Litten because KAWWWWAIII

Guest Relinquished

1: Charmander! (all time favorite)

2: Cyndaquil (although, in the remake, i changed to Totodile)

3: Torchic (although, later, i changed to that Grass lizard)

4: Piplup

5: Never played it, never like its starters (not even in Reborn i used any of those for long, either)

6: Delphox (favorite of mine in Reborn)

7: I like fire and water ones equally; Litten for design, Primarina for functionality/typing... Can't decide, sorry

1 - Charizard. I dislike stall and Blastoise is my least favorite starter in general, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

2 - Feraligatr. What can I say? I just love Dragons and dragon-like things.

3 - Gardevoir. What, I can't count that as a starter? Well... Sceptile I guess?

4 - Infernape. Probably the hardest one, because I love all the gen 4 starters, but Nape just beats the rest out.

5 - Serperior. It's my first starter, so Nostalgia. Plus I just like its design.

6 - Delphox. Again, extremely hard to pick, but I gotta pick Delphox here. I just love the Mage, Wizzard, Witch aspects of it.

7 - Primarina. Surprising probably only the people who know I dislike Water-types, but Fairy is my favorite type. And Primarina is just the perfect Water Starter for me with the Fairy Typing added to it. and basically being a slower water type Gardevoir does not hurt either

Gen 1 : Charmander becuz I like it's design and it looks cool.

Gen 2 : Cyndaquill because I like using it in my soulsilver/heartgold playthrough and looks great

Gen 3 : Torchic is the first starter I choose so nostalgia and it evolves into a cool fire chicken also speed boost

Gen 4 : Piplup because LOOK AT IT OMG SO KAWAII~ empoleon is also very good in my Reborn playthrough.

Gen 5 : Snivy because I like snakes and its final evolution design looks badass not to mention Contrary Leaf storm 

Gen 6 : Froakie because NINJA DUudee they are awesome and protean is a badass ability to have 

Gen 7 : Rowlet because round owl can have all my love It's so round... and it evolves into Robin Hood how cool is that 

Gen 1: Charmander - Although in my first Kanto game I actually chose Bulbasaur because I wanted a decent grass type...

Gen 2: Freaking love Cyndaquil (cutest starter imo), but i have to choose Totodile. It would be a tie but Feraligator looks freaking bad ass

Gen 3: I'm actually having a hard time choosing this one, this was the first game i ever played so I (stupidly) chose the starter that i saw Ash use in anime. Its a tie between Mudkip and Torchic 

Gen 4: Infernape 

Gen 5: Zorua - Shut up thats my starter, let me have my dreams.......(I hated the starters in this region but if I had to say one it would be Oshawott, the grass things not bad either)

Gen 6: Greninja (I hate to admit it but I actually turned into a fan boy for a while)

Gen 7: Yeah...no (Grass birds decent).

Gen 1: Venusaur is a good boy although I want to cut my toes off with a rusty saw when I fight his mega. Plus it's not Charizard

Gen 2: Feraligatr because I don't like the other 2. Feraligatr is okay in my book.

Gen 3: I actually like all the starters in this gen but I have to go for Sceptile. Btw PMD2.

Gen 4: I used to dislike all these starters but then Pokken Tournament happened and Empoleon has so much personality in there it made me love the fellow.

Gen 5: Samurott is a samurai otter that uses sea shells as blades AND has a cool beard. Plus it's not Serperior

Gen 6: Greninja used to be my favorite but then the anime ruined him and I started appreciating Chesnaught more. Being the tanky paladin guy of the bunch also speaks to me.

Gen 7: I bet you saw this one coming if you looked at my username but it's Primarina I know it's a sea lion. It was love at first sight when the sun and moon starters were revealed and it only got better from there Brionne and Primarina were revealed and Primarina even has it's own z-move. I even remember saying this to a friend of mine ''I will eat my shoe if the water starter in sun and moon will be a seal'' and here I am wondering why I have dental issues.

To be completely honest, I've never understood the charm of the starter Pokemon. It's kinda hard to explain... There are starters that I like, but I hate that they're starters, if that makes any sense. Like I don't want the games to force the same Grass, Fire, Water trio option on me every game, and for the games to act as if that is my spirit animal that will be my partner for the rest of my life. What if I want my special partner to be a Primeape? or a Donphan? or a Chimecho? Maybe I want to be an Ice-type trainer and have a Snover as my first partner.

Most of my playthroughs in Pokemon, I drop my starter the second I catch something I like, and for the rest of the game, I pretend that was the Pokemon I received at the start of my journey. For a long time, I thought everyone else was the same--only keeping the starters if they liked those Pokemon more than the other hundreds of options. But time and time again, I see a lot of people referring to "that special Pokemon you began your journey with" and naturally that means it was a starter Pokemon. That being said...

My Gen 1 Favorite is Wartortle. Wartortle is one of the Water-types I actually do like and wouldn't mind training if he wasn't a middle-stage Pokemon and thus "incomplete." I've never really liked Blastoise and am quite salty that the designers intentionally chose for squirtle to get this long, cloudy tail and ears, only to rip them off 16 levels later and shove two cannons that have no place being there into his shell. I wish the designers continued that design trend and Wartortle would've evolved into something with an even longer tail.

Gen 2 is Meganium. Because Meganium is my favorite fully evolved starter, he is the worst starter in the entire game. Fate wouldn't have seen it happen any other way. I just like the simplicity of the design, and I really enjoy seeing various art of different Meganium forms. Seriously, looking up "Meganium Pokemon Variants" and you'll see a lot of cool ideas.

Gen 3 is Marshtomp. Swampert's design got too grizzly for my liking, and I always found Marshtomp to be a great happy medium between Midkip's cuteness and Swampert's power. Again, Marshtomp is just an incomplete Swampert, though, because that's just how Pokemon was designed. I'm not as in love with Marshtomp, though, as I am with Wartortle.

Gen 4 is Torterra. The other fully evolved starter I like, but less than Meganium. I love the bonsai design for Torterra and think it makes for such an interesting Pokemon design. Also like Meganium, there are a ton of cool concepts for Torterra variants with other trees and seasonal designs. Naturally, Torterra is also very low tier, but not as bad as Meganium. Be thankful I didn't like you more then Meganium, Torterra, or you'd be an even worse Pokemon.

Gen 5 is Dewott. Like the other Water-type middle stages, Dewott has a great improvement from Oshawott, but then drives off left field to be what Samurott is. I guess I'm just a fan of happy mediums. Too bad they weren't designed to have anything advantages that their evolved forms don't have.

Gen 6 is Braixen. I liked Braixen before Pokken was a thing. It would've been nice to see Fenniken's evolutionary family stay in the quadruped world like most of the fan art tried to predict, but GameFreak seems to have a vendetta against them, so I'm not sure we'll ever get a quadruped Fire starter. Even when we go to the horse or ram chinese zodiac inspirations in the future, I'm sure GameFreak will find a way to turn them into a cereal box mascot. Yeah, that's more about Incineroar, but Torracat isn't my favorite Gen 7 starter so this was really the only time to bring that up. Anyway, Braixen... I guess I just like that Braixen goes for the spell caster aesthetic in a way that doesn't take a shovel and bash you in the face with it like Delphox does.

Gen 7 is Brionne. A lot of people were skeptical of Popplio, and while I wasn't in love, I liked the circus feel. Again, happy medium Brionne is able to pull of the circus performer aesthetic in a way that feels natural and simplistic. It's not like someone's screaming in your ear "LOOK AT ME, I'M AN OPERA SEAL-SIREN WITH A GENDER RATIO THAT WILL DEFY YOUR EXPECTATIONS!" like a certain seal Pokemon I could choose to name, but won't. (Hint: It's Walrein). Also, why did we get Sparkling Aria instead of a water balloon attack like Popplio and Brionne are supposed to use?

Gen 1: Charizard

I just like him much more then other two classic starters, and one of his mega evo is a dragon.

Keep calm and love dragons, - they awesome.

Gen 2: Feraligatr

His Ice Punch from move tutor in gen 2 saved my ass against Lance fake dragons or flying types, yea Lance - flying master in gen 1/2

He also learning Ice Fang in gen 4, if you give him Waterfall he can hits hard aswell.

+ I always liked good classic pure fire starter which is Typhlosion, and Cyndaquil is cute ^^

Gen 3: Swampert

Early EQ, not bad level up moveset, and one of my favorite ground types up to gen 3 (if not fav).

Add awesome mega evo, - dream water starter.

Gen 4: Torterra

I don't like Empoleon too much, and I never liked monkeys (expect Primeape).

Again - early EQ, his grass type moves are also powerfull. I always hesitated between him and Leafeon in gen 4..

Gen 5: Serperior

Grass snake? Yeah, I love ^^

More seriously if anyone played Drayano's hack they know Dray make him part dragon.

I also love his special ability - Contrary. Idk why but I always trying to get female Snivy as my starter xd

Gen 6: Greninja

I like frogs Yes @Zarc and @Alistair - I llike my frog eaters too ^^

More seriously Greninja was my fav since little Froakie, idk if there's more reasons for that.

+ Delphox is cool mon too.

Gen 7: Decidueye

How can you not like little Rowlet, especially when he evolve in ghost type? His special ability Long Reach ia also pretty usefull.

+ Litten is a cool fire starter, I love Torracat design. And he is a cat.

How can you not like cats? They adorable ♥️

Gen 1 : Charizard 

Gen 2 : Typhlosion

Gen 3 : Blaziken or Sceptile

Gen 4 : Infernape

Gen 5 : Serperior

Gen 6 : Delphox

Gen 7 : Primarina

Yeah , i almost always choose the fire type cause fire is one of my favorite type

Gens:

1) Charizard because looks cool and double mega 

2) Nothing stands out

3) Sceptile and Blaziken because their designs are amazing

4) Empoleon because it looks cool

5) Emboar because I chose it first and Heat Crash sounds cool

6) Greninja because powerful

7) Rowlet final evo looks cool but otherwise nothing stands out

Gen 1 Blastoise, my very first pokemon, first pokemon to reach level 100 and first hm slave (Strength, Surf, Waterfall, Hydro Pump). She's from Leaf Green.

Gen 2 : with low-special-attack-hm-slave and Meganium as competitors, the title must go to the Fat Fire Rat alas. At least Cyndaquil is cute.

Gen 3: though choice but I choose Blaziken because he defeated Steven's Metagross with a single Blaze Kick in Ruby (underleveld, last pokemon for both, typical epic

anime situation). Honorable mention to Sceptile because Leaf Blade's animation was divvine in gen 3 and it was a special move. I like Swampert too.

Gen 4: unless you want your pokemon to suffer before being able to attack (boo what a cruel trainer) the only choice is Infernape. His battle against Paul in the anime is probably the best one. And he solo'd Platinum.

Gen 5: Samurott is the best of the 3, and he's just decent. If your starter had its Hidden Ability in BW/BW2 it would be Serperior.

Gen 6: Greninja, has good stats, good moves, Protean (and Battle Bond). He taught me that Sub is a great move against moles when you're fighting the worst gym leader of Reborn (yes, it's not Terra). I'd probably like Delphox too but I've never used her.

Gen 7: how can someone not like Primarina? She's adorable! And can use the Spirit Bomb! Too bad for that speed...

Gen I - Blastoise: honestly, it's a tortoise with water cannons on its back. Do I need to add more to explain how awesome this is? 😃

Gen II - Feraligatr: I'm actually struggling on this one, between the aforementioned water croco and Typhlosion, another all-time favorite of mine. My choice was probably sentimental, since Feraligatr is my very first pokémon, and my very first lvl 100, so.

Gen III - Blaziken: without a single doubt, he is magnificent, powerful, and competitively sooo strong! 10/10. Btw, Torchic is super cute, so that counts as well.

Gen IV - Torterra: can't really make my mind up on this one, let's call it a gut instinct, dunno. The three of them look cool the same way. Torterra was my first choice in Diamond, back in the days, so maybe it's because of that.

Gen V - Serperior: despite liking the general appearance for Samurott (the samurai's armor-like shells on its body), I like Serperior more, it's more elegant. Also, it has Contrary as ability, OP.

Gen VI - Greninja: basically, like Blaziken. Cool-looking, good stats, y'know.

Gen VII - #teampopplio: honestly, I might even agree to the ones saying that Popplio is not so cool, with that strange clown-ish look, but I personally find it being appropriate to its theme (since he's based on a seal, and they are typically represented by being very playful). Moreover, Primarina is the coolest looking between the fully evolved formes (imho, obv)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Veterans

1 - Charizard

It's a dragon. Fuck yeah. Doesn't help that Venusaur is an ugly stally bitch. Blastoise is close for design, but it sucks. Charizard really is the best of both worlds.

2. Typhlosion

I love all 3 but Typh has the most nostalgia.

3. Sceptile

not really a fan of gen 3, but Sceptile is awesome. Growing fond of Blaziken though.

4. Empoleon

Close one, I love all 3.

5. Serperior.

Close one, Samurott is really cool.

6. Greninja

Landslide. Don't care about the other 2.

7. Decidueye

edgeworth.