Who uses genderless mons?

asterlicks

Objectmons are some of my favorite, but you can't breed any of them for IV's or extra moves. Lower stats + lack of early TM/tutor availability + no egg moves + can't specify Hidden Power type makes them weaker than their counterparts (event encounters that come with egg moves and are breedable, like DD Scrafty, Wish Eevee, etc.)

Some examples:

- Bronzong (Trick Room, Psychic)

- Metagross (Earthquake)

- Claydol (Psychic, Earthquake)

- Cryogonal (great level-up movepool)

- Dhelmise (no decent physical grass/ghost TM's)

- Electrode (Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice/Grass)

- Klinklang (move puddle)

- Solrock/Lunatone (Zen Headbutt/Earth Power/Ice Beam)

- Magnezone (Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Fire/Ice)

- Minior (Acrobatics, Earthquake, Rock Slide/Stone Edge)

- Porygon (Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Toxic)

- Rotom (Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Will-o-Wisp, Pain Split)

- Starmie (Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf/Scald, Dazzling Gleam)

For others that like these guys, do you run whatever STAB's you have available + support/status, or do you have to bench them with later episodes as opponents get stronger?

4 minutes ago, asterlicks said:

Objectmons are some of my favorite, but you can't breed any of them for IV's or extra moves. Lower stats + lack of early TM/tutor availability + no egg moves makes them weaker than their counterparts (event encounters that come with egg moves and are breedable, like DD Scrafty, Wish Eevee, etc.)

Some examples:

- Bronzong (Trick Room, Psychic)

- Metagross (Earthquake)

- Claydol (Psychic, Earthquake)

- Cryogonal (great level-up movepool)

- Dhelmise (no decent physical grass/ghost TM's)

- Electrode (Thunderbolt)

- Klinklang (move puddle)

- Solrock/Lunatone (Zen Headbutt/Earth Power/Ice Beam)

- Magnezone (Thunderbolt)

- Minior (Acrobatics, Earthquake, Rock Slide/Stone Edge)

- Porygon (Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Toxic)

- Rotom (Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Will-o-Wisp, Pain Split)

- Starmie (Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf/Scald, Dazzling Gleam)

For others that like these guys, do you run whatever STAB's you have available + support/status, or do you have to bench them with later episodes as opponents get stronger?

All these mons can be bred for IV's but only with a ditto. The only pokemon that cannot be bred are the nidorina line, unown, baby pokemon and legends (excluding Manaphy and Phione). Moving on from that, some Genderless mons are pretty rad. I've come to appreciate Bronzong because of Reborn and I've always liked Magnezone, Starmie and Metagross.

YwYozvq.png

Klinklang and Magnezone are part of my main team, Silvally and Metagross are currently rotation.
People already pointed out that breeding with Ditto is possible, but tbqh I don't even care about that. None of the above 'mons have been IV bred, nor did I reset for good IVs on any of them. (Magnezone is half an exception; I got it as a prize from a community event and specifically asked to make sure it's HP Fire.)

Magnezone in Reborn actually does fine without Tbolt. Discharge is a good move; it makes up for the lower base power by hitting multiple 'mons, and it gets boosted in perhaps the most common field set in the game anyway.
Klinklang doesn't really need a wide move pool; most the time you'll only want Shift Gear + Gear Grind, I run Magnet Rise and Wild Charge on it as well. Like Magnezone, Klinklang greatly benefits from the factory fields. Pity the fool who lets it set up on them.
Metagross is just an all around solid mon with plenty of useful coverage moves and useful STAB.

I've used Claydol and Solrock in my Psychic mono for a while. I did eventually bench both, but Solrock especially was actually quite useful for a 'mon that I had always overlooked until then.

I've used claydol, metagross, and bronzong in the main games at various points (as well as both azelf and uxie*, but are we actually allowed to count those?), and am currently using magnezone in Reborn. Heck, I'm kinda tempted to use solrock whenever I get around to doing that Mono-Psychic run of Rejuv. I've been contemplating for a while! Since I'm more of a filthy casual player (not to be mistaken for the Reborn Evo. user), I don't really care about most of those specific breeding-related shenanigans outside of making sure that they have at least decent IVs (at least 10 across the board, with the important ones wanting to be closer to 20 or so) in the games where I can check those.

*Note that these were used in Diamond, which was two Generations before Legendary Pokemon were made to have three guaranteed perfect IVs