Rejuvenation Team (V10)

RedAlert

Hm.. Electabuzz once he evolve will be much better then Vikavolt imo.

Keep Muk and box Houndoom (you don't need two dark types).

I will also box Mismagius, and replaced him with midday Lycanroc. Lycanroc is always powerful mon, especially if you kept his Accelrock.

28 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

Okay, you have to choose between Electabuzz and Vikavolt. Personally I would go with the latter. Second, Muk > Houndoom (because both are dark types) so it’s wise to replace Houndoom with Infernape. 

They aren't replacements 😮 I'm using them all, although I did switch out Electabuzz since I can't get an Electirizer anytime soon.

I'm asking for good movesets and any pokemon suggestions.

As of now, I added in Vivillion, Rowlet and Lunatone into my team for more balance. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been off and on this one since I've been otherwise occupied, but here is my team on completion of V10:

6btwg4E.png

I've added in A-Ninetales and Miltank into the team for more viable defense, although unfortunately Aurora Veil TM is still absent.

A-Ninetales:

• Extrasensory
  • Frost Breath
  • Dazzling Gleam
  • Nasty Plot

Miltank;

• Body Slam
  • Milk Drink
  • Zen Headbutt
  • Heal Bell

Any more suggestions before I move into V11? I lack Steel types, so I'm considering either Mawile or Magnezone, preferably the former due to my lack of physical offense types. That being said, I am open to other suggestions as well and other Pokemon I haven't considered.

• 3 weeks later...

It's difficult to effectively critique Rejuvenation without citing Reborn as the latter was the inspiration for this game and several others. There is an unconscious expectation level for the player when told "here's a game that is similar to Reborn!", and reflexively Reborn is the yardstick set for rating it. It'll be even more difficult for me to do so as I finished E18 of Reborn very recently (which I wrote a little review about here), but I'll do my best to see it as a stand-alone game.

But first I will say that to some extent, Rejuv is on par with Reborn - even surpassing it in certain aspects. It has stellar graphics, outstanding music and the work done on the animation is sometimes outright gorgeous that I cannot believe that it's a fangame. Yet, somewhere along the line it just fails to deliver the quality and satisfaction we want.

WARNING: Spoilers ahead for V11!

(spoiler tags aren't working for some reason)

I finished the latest release (V11) of Rejuvenation earlier today which was very plot-heavy, involving a lot of the major cast. The sequences which gave you control over Ren and Melia were a great touch, and it was refreshing to walk around with a perfect Greninja OHKOing everything. The lore is more mystic-centric, and a lot of the work put in the game tend towards the visual side. Stories are told extremely well visually, which is something I have to give a lot of credit to the devs for, as there are many fangames that attempt these and fail miserably.

It's when it gets to the actual plot where my views shift.

My first issue is that I feel a lot of the characters are dull and poorly developed. It's widely agreed that the reason for this is because of the sheer number of characters that are brought into the story - which leaves little room for development of said characters. Many characters are assholes for the purpose of being assholes. The player is constantly belittled and made fun of and told that he/she are weak. We whoop that character's ass and it's an excuse of - "Hmph. This isn't my true power. You're laughably weak." The recycle of that formula and application of that to many characters is irksome and provides no benefit positively. And even the ones that are made out to be good people are so stuck-up and self-righteous that it adds another level to the irksomeness.

In addition to this, tragedy in this game is forced into the story just so a plot exists. It's an explanation as to why a certain character has a motivation or behaves in a particular way - but it's often poorly executed. Erin plays the no-nonsense girl who keeps away from people because she was bullied. It's an understandable outcome, but the other kids made fun of her for reasons I just find hard to fully justify as reasons to be made fun of. For one, because her mother died. Now I realize that kids can be immature and insensitive assholes, but it's over-the-top things like these that make the game off-putting. Rejuv attempts to victimize many people who have it somewhat difficult - which I can understand, it's not all their fault - but making the environment the sole reason for the creation of a disaster of a person is something I do not agree with.

Simply put, it is my firm belief that the story needs more polish, several layers of it. And I'm not saying that it's because the devs aren't creative enough to come up with a good story. I'm saying that I feel it's because of a lack of effort on their part towards the story aspect of Rejuv, because most of their effort has gone to the game design rather than the world-building of it. And it's not even necessarily a bad thing, because touching upon these things can really transform this into something amazing.

That being said, I still can't deny that Pokemon Rejuvenation is a game that is very enjoyable despite these glaring faults. It has some genuine gold content to it that make it... urhem... rejuvenating. (I'll walk myself out) And that's why I'll still keep playing, because after all, let's be honest - we're here to assemble mons to beat the shit out of other mons.

Two new party members on completion:

liAR3YR.png

IlvgMQL.png