[IC] Trespassers LF: The Teleglitch Incident

StormLord

Spoiler

Everyone awakens in a damp stone room.  Slumped against the walls or piled flat on the floor, a groggy sensation lingers for a few moments something akin to a hangover or being drugged, but it passes with unnatural swiftness and in a moment of two you're all able to stand.  The room is dimly lit with only a few candles in sconces on the walls and a single candle on the table in the center of the room.  The table, which looks practically ancient, appears to have been cut out of a single truly massive tree and intricately carved, not that any of the carvings are recognizable anymore.  Several large, heavy wooden chairs surround the table with one broken chair kicked off into the corner and a single chair slightly taller than the rest sitting across the table from you all.

An open window in the stone walls on the other side of the room reveals a swirling night sky the likes of which none of you have seen, the view only remains for a few seconds before a large bird lands in the window and obscures it.  A banded wooden door behind you seals this room off from the rest of the castle.

A...being sits in the single tall chair with a black cloak, a staff in one hand, and long horns spiraling upwards from its head.

It, She?  Begins speaking softly and slowly in a smooth and even tone.

"Please...come, sit down.  Make yourselves at home... Introduce yourselves... All will be explained shortly."

As she speaks she waves one of her hands slowly and with a soft greenish glow all of the other chairs move out from the table.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A vaguely stressed out man sits up from his spot on the floor. He stares at the... woman? Some form of cult leader whatever the case. Perhaps of a similar brand of coven to the ones in the weald? That would be his guess. Normally, he'd remark on the rude introduction but, looking around.... He realizes it's probably best to do as she says for now. He gets up and takes a seat that the table, slouching some as he rests his chin on his folded hands. Finally, he speaks.

"I do hope you do not take offense but this is a... singularly unique way to invite someone to your... estate."

A pile of what seemed to be someone's dirty laundry suddenly moved. It stood up, and looked around with a pair of glowing, yellow eyes. Mumbles came from a mouth that no one could see. A woman's voice. She adjusted her hat as she got closer to the table.

The environment certainly wasn't what she had expected, but it wasn't something too out of the ordinary either. At least the strange woman over there decided to save her the hassle of finding allies. She took a seat. "Greetings!" She spoke up, mainly toward the woman. "I am Shamhat, a traveling mage. You need not take my words for it, as I'm sure you'll get to see my abilities very soon!"

After a brief pause, she continued. "And, you are?"

"Hi ma'am! This is a nice place you got!" Morp burbled cheerfully, floating over to the bird by the window. Though the floating orb of vapor doesn't have anything resembling eyes, it is obviously staring curiously at the bird. After a moment though, it floated back, apparently already bored by the bird.

"Oh boy, hi everyone! I'm Morp! Traveling collector of valuable items." Morp bobbed lower to the ground, in a somewhat failed approximation of a bow. Apparently it wasn't quite clear to the orb, wherever he got the idea of bowing, that it didn't quite work with that physical form.

What at first appears to be a sentient pile of blankets slowly stirs on the ground just before a young woman pokes her head out and lets out a slight yawn, gently rubbing her eyes with her sleeves as she slowly sits up and reveals a bodypillow displaying the modestly dressed image of what appeared to be a cartoonish drawing of a partly metal woman with one red eye.  

Her hands lower to clutch the bodypillow closer to her chest, neatly muffling it's brief attempt to cry for help, and her mouth slowly closes as she blankly stares at her surroundings with a slightly dopy expression on her face for a brief moment. Until something seems to dawn on her, causing her eyes to slowly widen in shock as she realizes that something dark and terrible had happened upon her. Her expression seemed to be of one on the verge of either crying or screaming before a robotic hand shoots up from a nearby backpack and unceremoniously stuffs her face inside of a white mask, pushing her back down on the pile a little as she tried to fall back to sleep.

Evelyn

If she was being entirely honest, this wasn't the first time she had been abducted, and it probably wouldn't be the last. So, while the armored woman that was Evelyn felt a certain grogginess as she first woke up, it quickly wore off as her one good eye widened, her body immediately forcing itself off the ground as she scanned the area, a hand flying to the hilt of her sword. Sure enough, she was in a dimly lit room, with... A large collection of strange persons, some of them very much unlike what she had seen before, which was saying something.

Needless to say, the sight caused her to falter for a second, before her eye narrowed, hand leaving her sword as she walked to one of the chairs, sitting down and crossing one of her legs as she continued to scan the room, specifically the "host", completely silent. For all she knew, she could be in the Nightmare, in which case, being careful was the right choice. Nothing in the Nightmare was friendly.

The armored humanoid on the floor, which could be confused for a human if not for the extra set of limbs sprouting out of their chest, awoke with some thrashing and a sound that could only be described as a roar, but quiet. Four glowing blue eyes opened wide beneath their helm, and they scrambled to their feet, left arms quickly reaching back to grab a crude-looking weapon off of their back. A small flame resembling a pilot light lit up on the end of the weapon as it was pointed at each of the other occupants in the room in turn, before the strange individual locked their attention onto the one that had spoken first. A gutteral, inhuman language sounded from beneath the helm, with an understandable translation following in what seemed to be an artificial voice. The gun was raised and ready to fire at the individual in the chair, but the owner evidently opted for caution as they spoke, lowering the weapon slightly. "YOU MEET CHELCHIS, BARON OF HOUSE WOLVES. EXPLAIN THIS NOW."

Deadlift rises up from the floor, and after looking around shortly, takes a casual seat, grinning slightly.

"My name is Deadlift.  I pick things up and put them down."

Despite the odd circumstances, Deadlift was secretly pleased by this turn of events.  Looking around, he seems to have been handpicked by a powerful benefactor.

Could it be?  Some sort of Dark Tournament?  Either way, he has absolutely no reason to be rude to this host quite yet.

The stressed man turns to the others and sighs. Of course, his curiosity was also piqued. How couldn't it be when such an interesting collection of... characters presented itself to you. He would have to ask about inspecting them later. It would probably be most... stimulating. Mentally shaking himself out of his thoughts Vratislav speaks to the gathered group.

"I am Vratislav Najciemniejszy, should it come up. My family has one of the best troves of eldritch knowledge in the world, I invite you to come inspect it if you're willing to do me some favors."

The woman sighed something between disappointment and amusement as Chelchis raised his weapon.  She reached over and made a motion with he free hand over the sphere on the top of her staff causing it to glow a soft lime green.

"It is very rude of you to draw weapons in my home.  Perhaps you will consider setting them aside for a moment so we can speak of what is so very urgent for you all."
As she spoke Chelchis found his arms growing more and more tired until he was almost unable to grip his weapon any longer, much less hold and aim it accurately.

She looked slowly across the room, scanning to make sure at least the majority were paying attention.

"Listen closely for I will not repeat myself.  I have plucked you from your tiny worlds to assist me in my plans.  In the multiverse there are infinite untamed worlds waiting to be subverted and dominated by capable masters.  I wish to unite them all under one glorious leadership, yet though I am one of few capable of providing reliable transportation between the worlds I am incapable of setting foot inside them myself."

Evelyn

At the end of the woman's speech, Evelyn uncrossed her legs, "So that's what this is about? You abducted me straight from Yharnam to be used to unite 'worlds' together?" Evelyn asked, her good eye staring directly at the mage. She wasn't unfamiliar with the concept of other worlds, the Nightmare, Dream, and bells had made sure of that, butto be brought to join on a conquest?

Not happening.

With that, Evelyn stood up, a hand resting upon the hilt of her Chikage, "I don't see the point. I have Beasts to hunt, I've no time for conquests and the like. If you really wanted my assistance, you should've spoken to Queen Annalise" she stated bluntly, "Now, unless you have something to prove that you did, I'm leaving. Presumably you can bring be back to the Dream, no?"

"Will there be books, missus? Do you have books? And pay?" Morp made his way over when the woman spoke. The orb didn't really know why it did so, but it just felt as though he should be listening and answering.

"Morp will work very hard for books and pay. Especially if it means completing my collection."

Vratislav turns to the one eyed huntress, his face showing a look of some surprise.

"If beasts are what you're after, I'm sure you can hunt just as many on other worlds. And you'd likely be the only hunter from your world to do so at that."

"I was not aware either.  No matter if you wish to return you may, out that door, down the stairs to the left, and then follow the path to the outer courtyard."

As she spoke she flipped her hand, magically opening the door.

"You may then jump into the abyss and swim to your destination of choice, you are good at swimming yes?"

A muscular, five-foot-tall, Asian-looking woman with wavy, neck-length black hair, green eyes, clad in only a pair of baggy green pants, sandals and a shortened sarashi, with an intricate tattoo of fire on her stomach and one of the full moon over her heart, opened her eyes. She groaned, for a moment — she felt like she did when she’d taken one too many punches, a far more familiar situation to her than being hungover, seeing as she really didn’t like to drink. Soon enough, though, it was gone, and the woman (Hitomi Yoko, kikage zumi tattooed monk of the Dragon Clan of the Emerald Empire) sprang to her feet, leaping up in a smooth motion from where she’d been lying down, and observed her surroundings.

She was in somewhere utterly alien, a hall built with strange architecture, with an utterly beautiful but foreign night sky outside, and surrounded by all kinds of gaijin and strange beings. Of course, that was no reason to panic — the unfamiliar was just another kind of hardship, and being somewhere surrounded with things she would never find in Rokugan was arguably just a profound opportunity for more fights! So she began to look around the room, sizing up its inhabitants, trying to see which ones would be good fights.

Their host, a mysterious figure in a cloak and with horns — judging by... her? casual levitation of the chairs, and her equally casual weakening of one of the others present, some sort of truly strangely garbed shugenja. If she had brought them here, Yoko was forced to reluctantly assume that she would likely not be able to take her in a fight. Yet.

Some shaggy, haggard-looking gaijin in a fancy coat — even excepting his garb, upon looking him over Yoko decided by his posture and movement that he appeared to be nothing special at all. She could probably knock him over right now, if she wanted, she concluded. How disappointing.

A literal orb of vapor, which she doubted she would be able to fight at all, even more disappointing.

A Rokugani-looking woman with some truly strange items... but who appeared to have absolutely nothing in the way of musculature, or fitness, and who was currently... squealing, snuggling into a pillow, and trying to go to sleep? What. That was profoundly unimpressive.

A crowned individual with a white, flowered tunic and a set of armor made of bone and scale — another shugenja type, or some strange gaijin magic? Interesting. He looked like he could be... an okay fight.

An eight foot tall and four-armed creature with some manner of bizarre weaponry Yoko couldn’t make heads or tails of; despite how the horned shugenja made quick work of it, Yoko smiled at it — it looked like it would make for a fascinating and unknown fight, she figured.

Another armored figure, this one lithe and slim, but by Yoko’s estimate looking extremely acrobatic. It didn’t seem to Yoko that this figure was in fact a weakling, but these were simply preliminary judgements anyhow.

There was also another figure, some sort of magician, but Yoko couldn’t make heads or tails of the odd things.

All in all, a mixed and eclectic bag of people and other beings surrounded Yoko; and though some made her more optimistic for a good fight than others, but none of them truly blew her away. ...except, of course, for the mostly metaphorical elephant in the room. One of the figures in the room appeared truly MASSIVE, well over eight feet but apparently human, despite his being feet taller than any man Yoko had ever seen. She could see that he bristled with lithe muscle, too — he looked strong, and if there was one person in the room Yoko would pin as being a good fighter, it was him. She didn’t just smile at him — she openly grinned. She would definitely have to rush him as soon as she could to see how he reacted.

Of course, now the figure was talking, and making an offer to go on some grand realm conquering journey; Yoko wasn’t overly impressed with the whole concept of it, going around with obligations to some other empire, and trying to create them for others, but she could probably shake out of it if she truly wanted, and she realized that it made for an excellent opportunity to take her pursuit of enlightenment to entirely new levels. ”I assume you plan to have us go around and be your elite warriors, yes? If you plan to just send us out like this and have us fight on other worlds, we-ee-ell... count me in!” Largely ignoring the other fuss, she grinned.

Evelyn

At Deadlift's mockery, Evelyn only reacted by glancing at him, and at Vratislav, but remaining silent until the mage spoke again, her eye narrowing dangerously as she laid her other hand on her pistol, "So. You would abduct me, then make it so I would have to accomplish what is essentially an impossible task in order to return?" Evelyn stated. Even if she was a good swimmer (which she, unfortunately, was not), and even if she could return to Cainhurst, she'd have to face its frigid waters.

Honestly, Annalise would be impressed by how swiftly the situation had turned against one of her own, a Cainhurst Knight no less. Evelyn, however, was outright furious, telled by how her hand was gripping her Chikage even tighter than she normally did, the blade slowly starting to be drawn...

Then, suddenly, she simply sighed, "Fine. A temporary contract, until I can get into contact with Queen Annalise. Until then, I will go where you tell me, but I will continue my duties as I see fit" she stated, letting her sword slide back into place as she sat back down. Her task was to specifically hunt down the beasts in Yharnam, and to clear out the Blood Licker infestation in the Castle. Unfortunately, it would seem she would have to postpone those duties until she returned... Which could take quite a lot of time.

After a few seconds of silence from herself though, she finally spoke, to Vratislav, "The beasts I hunt are different from those in these other worlds. An infestation that must be cleared off of the streets" she stated, though she could honestly care less about the fate of Yharnam. It WAS supposed to be their problem, after all, until it got Cainhurst into it.

Vratislav shrugs at the woman's statement. He leans back in his chair as he starts to speak again.

"I'm sure you'll find that's not something unique to your world. Hell, I have at least four different infestations of various kinds just within my own estate... actually, make that five. I was forgetting about that blasted farmstead... ah, but I'm rambling about nonsense you shouldn't trouble yourself with, may I ask your name?"

"Good gods I wish this made the top five weirdest places I don't remember going to sleep in," Yweniwa climbs to her feet, leaning on her staff, "But I thought I'd finally graduated from the stage where I was a small enough fish to get Shanghaied like this.  (Sigh).  The more things change..."  The elf raises her staff and brings it down on the stone floor with a loud 'crack!'.  Motes of green, like swirling fallen leaves, whirl about her, and then suddenly there is a hefty, squat creature standing next to her on four legs.  It isn't big enough to not fit in corridors built for humans, but it is big enough to ride, covered in leathery scales and hard, bony armored plates.  "Not bad," Yweniwa appraises her new companion, "I shall call you...  Percy."  She scratches the huge reptile under the chin, and it rumbles happily, twitching its club-tail in a low, dangerous arc.  "Who's a good prehistoric murderbeast?  Ohyezyouare."

The woman mearly raised an eyebrow at Evelyn's reaction.

"If simply contacting your superiors is the issue I can send off a letter now explaining the situation in excruciating detail."

With anotger wave of her hand a trifold letter appeared in a flash of green flame along with a piece of paper, inkpot, and quill in front of Evelyn.

"Write what you wish and I will send your letter as well."

After she was done with that she turned to the floating orb.

Opposed Ess check: 4,

"There will certainly be books, however you'll find that those simple trick do not work on me."

Some sort of Whirlwind sorcery? A noxious cloud that sapped one's vitality was a frequent technique used by the Wizards that the divided Eliksni had encountered in their own pursuit of the Great Machine, and the lurid green energies, well, they didn't NOT look like the power of the Darkness. Still, it was far too much for Chelchis to resist at the moment, as it seemed to have entirely bypassed her shielding. She brought a third arm to stabilize the weapon, even if she couldn't keep it leveled at their mysterious host. Chelchis did not like the look or the sound of this person; the human(?) had the look of one who meddled with the Darkness, even if it was different from the Whirlwind. "I MAY CONSIDER YOUR REQUEST, HUMAN. ANSWER ME THIS, THOUGH; WHAT HAS BECOME OF MY CREW? MY SKIFF? SERVITORS NEED TRIBUTE, FALLEN NEED ETHER AND LEADERSHIP." Especially with no Kell and no Prime. 

"Tricks?" Morp remained still for a moment after the accusation. After a moment of searching through his memory, Morp stated airily, "I am not a magician." The orb then floated off back towards the window to stare at the large bird.

Roy moves, and actualy takes a seat. Propping his head up his arm.
"This is quite the intresting proposition. The resources and skills found in other worlds would no doubt help in my own missions"
    Not to mention provide an excellent direction to spread his rule, effectively bypassing the stalemate that had cut off there expansion entirety. Ruling all worlds eh? Not a bad Opportunity. If there were any among the group not willing to bow, well....That was an issue for another time.  
"So, assumeing we accept, what means of travel will you be providing?"

Shamhat glared at the woman. She didn't seem to want to introduce herself. That, or she was one of those "you're not worth my time" people. "Yeah, sure," Shamhat answered. All the better if this meant that she would be traveling with company. She leaned against the back of her chair, and gazed at the ceiling, as the others did the questioning and arguing for her.