Help with the 2 mysterious battles in E18!

Dr. Exorcist

Spoiler

Ok so i have trouble beating the two consecutive "???" battles after cain and shelly. I have tried a few different comps but it seems that i can't get the right one. I got trouble even beating the double battle at the beginning sometimes. The thing is i got many pokemon to choose from which have perfect IVs and i could just level up so i will write down all of them and if anyone could suggest a team that could beat them i would really appreciate it 😄 

Soooo, these are the ones that are lvl 80+ with perfect IVs and EV trained:

Machamp (No Guard) with bullet punch, dynamic punch, ice punch, knock off

Gengar (Cursed Body) Shadow Ball, thunderbold, focus blast, sludge bomb

Gardevoir (Telepathy) Moonblast, calm mind, magical leaf, psychic 

Greninja (Protean) Ice Beam, Dark pulse, extrasensory, grass knot

Scizor (Technician) bullet punch, acrobatics, x scizzor, swords dance

Lucario (Steadfast) blaze kick, bullet punch, swords dance, close combat

Milotic (Competitive) ice beam, scald, toxic, recover (This one soloed the whole water gym)

Talonflame (Gale wings) swords dance, roost, brave bird, flame blitz

Garchomp (Rough Skin) EQ, Stone edge, iron head, outrage 

Goodra (Hydration) Rest, infestation, rain dance, toxic (holding binding band)

Now these are gonna be the pokemon i have with perfect IVs but are not max level and not EV trained but can be used:

Tyranitar, Alakazam, Rotom, Crobat, Arcanine, Scrafty, Aegislash, Salamance, Ferrothorn, Lapras, Magnezone, Nidoqueen, Shiftry, Gyarados, Blissey, Metagross

43 minutes ago, Dr. Exorcist said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ok so i have trouble beating the two consecutive "???" battles after cain and shelly. I have tried a few different comps but it seems that i can't get the right one. I got trouble even beating the double battle at the beginning sometimes. The thing is i got many pokemon to choose from which have perfect IVs and i could just level up so i will write down all of them and if anyone could suggest a team that could beat them i would really appreciate it 😄 

Soooo, these are the ones that are lvl 80+ with perfect IVs and EV trained:

Machamp (No Guard) with bullet punch, dynamic punch, ice punch, knock off

Gengar (Cursed Body) Shadow Ball, thunderbold, focus blast, sludge bomb

Gardevoir (Telepathy) Moonblast, calm mind, magical leaf, psychic 

Greninja (Protean) Ice Beam, Dark pulse, extrasensory, grass knot

Scizor (Technician) bullet punch, acrobatics, x scizzor, swords dance

Lucario (Steadfast) blaze kick, bullet punch, swords dance, close combat

Milotic (Competitive) ice beam, scald, toxic, recover (This one soloed the whole water gym)

Talonflame (Gale wings) swords dance, roost, brave bird, flame blitz

Garchomp (Rough Skin) EQ, Stone edge, iron head, outrage 

Goodra (Hydration) Rest, infestation, rain dance, toxic (holding binding band)

Now these are gonna be the pokemon i have with perfect IVs but are not max level and not EV trained but can be used:

Tyranitar, Alakazam, Rotom, Crobat, Arcanine, Scrafty, Aegislash, Salamance, Ferrothorn, Lapras, Magnezone, Nidoqueen, Shiftry, Gyarados, Blissey, Metagross

I don't remember much about the first '???' battle besides the fact that the person led with a Weavile. I remember setting up X-Items with my Bewear against the Weavile, and being able to take out 3 or 4 (can't remember) Pokemon with him. As for the '???' double battle, the people led with Alolan Ninetales and Clefable (IIRC). So I used Quiver Dance with my Volcarona a few times, then spammed Heatwave and Bug Buzz.

8 minutes ago, GB58 said:

Hide contents

I don't remember much about the first '???' battle besides the fact that the person led with a Weavile. I remember setting up X-Items with my Bewear against the Weavile, and being able to take out 3 or 4 (can't remember) Pokemon with him. As for the '???' double battle, the people led with Alolan Ninetales and Clefable (IIRC). So I used Quiver Dance with my Volcarona a few times, then spammed Heatwave and Bug Buzz.

Spoiler

X-items could be a good idea:) Now all that's left is to set up a good team with a good strategy. Thanks for helping 😄 

Get Wide Guard on Aegislash and use that. It literally 1v6s the 2nd fight. Make sure it has low speed ivs tho because u want to tank hits in shield form before doing anything.

Rotom-W with Electroweb could do wonders in this fight. I know ur not having trouble with Shelly and Cain, but it’s a really good way to counteract sticky webs and it WILL help in the 2nd fight and slow mons so ur sweepers can sweep

Get Bug Bite on Scizor over X-Scizor just do that even if ur not using it.

Garchomp synergizes with this composition

If u can setup on the clefable and have a way to deal with the paralysis, Scizor or any setup mon will do wonders.

On 8/24/2018 at 5:56 AM, Alisae said:

Hide contents

Get Wide Guard on Aegislash and use that. It literally 1v6s the 2nd fight. Make sure it has low speed ivs tho because u want to tank hits in shield form before doing anything.

Rotom-W with Electroweb could do wonders in this fight. I know ur not having trouble with Shelly and Cain, but it’s a really good way to counteract sticky webs and it WILL help in the 2nd fight and slow mons so ur sweepers can sweep

Get Bug Bite on Scizor over X-Scizor just do that even if ur not using it.

Garchomp synergizes with this composition

If u can setup on the clefable and have a way to deal with the paralysis, Scizor or any setup mon will do wonders.

Spoiler

Well i can't always beat cain and shelly so electroweb sounds nice. Do you think aegislash would solo the other two fights just like that? 

5 hours ago, Dr. Exorcist said:
  Hide contents

Well i can't always beat cain and shelly so electroweb sounds nice. Do you think aegislash would solo the other two fights just like that? 

I led with it. Leading with it does WONDERS against Cain since shadow ball kills 2 mons (everytime I lead Aegislash and Meowstic-M he sent out his own Meowstic after Alo-Marowak died), he most likely sends out alo-muk, then u king shield trying to predict the alo-musk knock offing u, and u go from there.

Against Luna like a huge chunk of her team is phyiscal attackers. King’s Shield Recks Luna and is easily able to solo. If u for some reason can’t solo Luna with Aegislash, rebreed it so it has the smallest speed IVs and a speed reducing possible, since (and assuming ur always rotating between Sheild and Blade Form), u want to tank hits in shield form, so whenever ur taking a hit from like hounchkrow’s Sucker Punch, you want to take that hit in shield form.

And then Flash Cannon tears through Serra as long as u can protect it from T-Wave. It OHKOs through Aurora Viel for some reason. And in that fight u can’t finish off Serra, need to stall to heal up a bit, or need to protect something that ur trying to setup with, Serra spams Blizzard and Clefable spams Dazzling Gleam, which is why u put wide guard on Aegislash. It made switching Meowstic-M out for Mega-Heracross safe because thats all they used. Also, try to wide guard twice in a row, it’ll help a lot with protecting ur setup mon. Be careful though because that Clefable DOES have Fire Blast.

Assuming ur healing up ur Aegislash with full restores or whatnot, it could have a chance to 1v12. I haven’t tested healing my aegislash with items, but its in the realm of possibility. If ur not, then assuming u used wide guard and used it correctly to allow ur mon to setup, u should be able to get through most of Serra’s mons to the point where u can just take ur setup mon and win.

7 hours ago, Alisae said:

Hide contents

I led with it. Leading with it does WONDERS against Cain since shadow ball kills 2 mons (everytime I lead Aegislash and Meowstic-M he sent out his own Meowstic after Alo-Marowak died), he most likely sends out alo-muk, then u king shield trying to predict the alo-musk knock offing u, and u go from there.

Against Luna like a huge chunk of her team is phyiscal attackers. King’s Shield Recks Luna and is easily able to solo. If u for some reason can’t solo Luna with Aegislash, rebreed it so it has the smallest speed IVs and a speed reducing possible, since (and assuming ur always rotating between Sheild and Blade Form), u want to tank hits in shield form, so whenever ur taking a hit from like hounchkrow’s Sucker Punch, you want to take that hit in shield form.

And then Flash Cannon tears through Serra as long as u can protect it from T-Wave. It OHKOs through Aurora Viel for some reason. And in that fight u can’t finish off Serra, need to stall to heal up a bit, or need to protect something that ur trying to setup with, Serra spams Blizzard and Clefable spams Dazzling Gleam, which is why u put wide guard on Aegislash. It made switching Meowstic-M out for Mega-Heracross safe because thats all they used. Also, try to wide guard twice in a row, it’ll help a lot with protecting ur setup mon. Be careful though because that Clefable DOES have Fire Blast.

Assuming ur healing up ur Aegislash with full restores or whatnot, it could have a chance to 1v12. I haven’t tested healing my aegislash with items, but its in the realm of possibility. If ur not, then assuming u used wide guard and used it correctly to allow ur mon to setup, u should be able to get through most of Serra’s mons to the point where u can just take ur setup mon and win.

Spoiler

My aegislash has sacred sword, wide guard, destiny bond, shadow sneak. What should i change? Also what team do you suggest out of all the pokemon i mentioned in my original post to get through these 3 fights??

4 minutes ago, Dr. Exorcist said:
  Hide contents

My aegislash has sacred sword, wide guard, destiny bond, shadow sneak. What should i change? Also what team do you suggest out of all the pokemon i mentioned in my original post to get through these 3 fights??

Oh King’s Shield is absolutely a must over Destiny Bond. Its the reason why the mon is able to 1v6 Luna. I think the mons u should go with is Aegislash, Rotom-W, Garchomp, Gardevoir (I think you should be able to get a mega stone for this if u absolutely wanted one, but I’m not completely sure), Scizor and something else it depending on what will either support/synergize with ur team or in general something that will cover a threat. In my case, I found that my biggest problem (and the reason why I needed every single mon alive going into the last fight) was that the clefable would paralyze my shit. So something that could taunt it, put it to sleep, or misty terrain is what would win me this fight. I had Meowstic-M set up Misty Terrain (not to mention screens helped me in general for Cain/Shelly and Serra/Randomus.

Basically, bring something that can help u beat what you’re struggling against/annoying u the most.

1 minute ago, Alisae said:

Hide contents

Oh King’s Shield is absolutely a must over Destiny Bond. Its the reason why the mon is able to 1v6 Luna. I think the mons u should go with is Aegislash, Rotom-W, Garchomp, Gardevoir (I think you should be able to get a mega stone for this if u absolutely wanted one, but I’m not completely sure), Scizor and something else it depending on what will either support/synergize with ur team or in general something that will cover a threat. In my case, I found that my biggest problem (and the reason why I needed every single mon alive going into the last fight) was that the clefable would paralyze my shit. So something that could taunt it, put it to sleep, or misty terrain is what would win me this fight. I had Meowstic-M set up Misty Terrain (not to mention screens helped me in general for Cain/Shelly and Serra/Randomus.

Basically, bring something that can help u beat what you’re struggling against/annoying u the most.

Spoiler

Does the clefable know any electric moves? My milotic can tank it and use toxic while it also uses recover. Also where can i find a mega stone for gardevoir? Or any other pokemon in my team

Just now, Dr. Exorcist said:
  Hide contents

Does the clefable know any electric moves? My milotic can tank it and use toxic while it also uses recover. Also where can i find a mega stone for gardevoir? Or any other pokemon in my team

All I remember from its moveset is T-Wave, Dazzling Gleam, and Fire Blast

Gardevoirite is at Devon Corp, aka the place Ame died. Just slide the meteor key card into the entrance and go down the vent. Glgl with the puzzle.

5 minutes ago, Alisae said:

Hide contents

All I remember from its moveset is T-Wave, Dazzling Gleam, and Fire Blast

Gardevoirite is at Devon Corp, aka the place Ame died. Just slide the meteor key card into the entrance and go down the vent. Glgl with the puzzle.

Spoiler

wait where exactly is that?

Spoiler

Enter from the hole in the wall north of the Spyce. The terminal where you released VIctoria, Adrienn, and Arc will respond to the ID card. Then you have to solve the puzzle Marcello made that took 5m moves. Do yourself a favor and search Youtube for it (Or check out Eagleby's sticker guide under on the hunt for a video link). Once you solve the puzzle you get Thunderbolt, Gardeviorite, and Darkinium-Z.

Additionally, I used Mamoswine on one run and Klefki on the other to get through the fights. Klefki is definitely more reliable as it can take hits and is generally ignored as it sets up spikes and reflect. Mamoswine has a very strong EQ and priority in Ice Shard so I have to give it a shout for that.