Am I allowed to advertise in this forum?

AzureNate

• Global Mods

The advertising rule is for " anything that requests sign-ups, subscriptions, payment, or other forums/servers on our forum or server." 

So letting people know about a reborn playthrough is totally cool! It's relevant to the site after all. Just don't go overboard or anything.

I see you have 3 posts on this forum, so my two cents from using reddit for too many hours per day for the last 4 years:

A good rule of thumb for advertising your playthrough is 10 pieces of otherwise contributory content per 1 content advertising a playthrough so... if you get to know the community via other topics and discussions, you'll not only inherently fit into this rule, but maybe get people interested in the content in the first place!

Again, NOT an official rule, but something I recommend to not only get a better audience but make the community welcome you rather than shun, if that makes sense?

Hi, as your thing is just an series and is not anything that may promote a product, service, etc. You'll be fine. As Jyk recommended, get to know the community first and talk about other things first. When you're feeling comfortable to do so and when you think it's the right time, talk about your let's play then. But feel free to talk about your walkthrough in whatever way you wish.

One way I could suggest advertising your Reborn playthrough is through your profile signature (the stuff under the line like Zargerth, Jyk and myself have got). You should be able to edit this within your account settings.

Thanks for the help everyone, as well as Throne and Marquis for the advice! I'm not sure where to start in terms of getting to know the community, since I don't know anything about the game like everyone else does by now, and I prefer not to be spoiled on future events that occur in the game.

12 hours ago, AzureNate said:

Thanks for the help everyone, as well as Throne and Marquis for the advice! I'm not sure where to start in terms of getting to know the community, since I don't know anything about the game like everyone else does by now, and I prefer not to be spoiled on future events that occur in the game.

In terms of getting to know people, why not try talking in one of the following sections: Gaming General (Clue's in the name), Pokemon Fan Club (Where you can talk about pokemon in General), The Radio Tower (The media forums: Here you can discuss music, shows, etc), Creative Works (If you're into creating art, music, writing, etc), General Discussion (Here is more irl topics and you can get to know people through some of the topics on here), The Wasteland (I would direct you more to the Onyx Arcade subforum of this as you can play all sorts of games such as Banned, Numbers, Hurt and Heal, etc).

Or you can join the Reborn Discord group, you can reach some of the community there that may not really use the forums but still enjoy the game. There are different rooms there so you can avoid spoilers if you're in the right rooms. If you search, Reborn, Evolved on Discord then you should find the server. You can also join Reborn Clubs, which can be found using the club section up in the toolbar. These are formed by groups of people with specific interests in certain things (Like someone could created one for politics for example). 

On 8/23/2018 at 12:17 AM, AzureNate said:

With Episode 18 released, I was wondering if I'm allowed to advertise my playthrough on Pokemon Reborn in this forum. Thank you in advance!

Let me know when you start it and I'll be sure to watch. 👍