Pet peeves

sdddf4

Well here's a list:

• Groups of people taking up a whole walkway and then refusing to make some room for others to pass
  • When people wash really grimy hands over the kitchen sink when there are dishes to be washed
  • When people don't even ring to say they can't make something
  • When people leave outside doors open unless they've left it open to cool the house down
  • Queue jumpers (especially when they jump a long queue I've been in for a while) unless directed by a member of staff at the place I'm queuing for

I probably have more but this is what I can come up with off of the top of my head.

Just now, Abyssreaper99 said:

Groups of people taking up a whole walkway and then refusing to make some room for others to pass

Just now, Abyssreaper99 said:

Queue jumpers (especially when they jump a long queue I've been in for a while) unless directed by a member of staff at the place I'm queuing for

These two resonate with me. I just don't get why people are unable to move out of the way even when there is still more space. Queue jumpers grind my gears as well. Especially when they still attempt to jump even after being told to stop.

Edited by sdddf4

Just now, CodeCass said:

Being interrupted multiple times when I'm speaking, or seeing people interrupt others. 

This bothers me as well but I guess it's unavoidable at times like in group conversations. Still feels bad when it happens though

1 hour ago, sdddf4 said:

This bothers me as well but I guess it's unavoidable at times like in group conversations. Still feels bad when it happens though

Well admittedly it only gets me if I'm addressing family or something, and then someone speaks up in the middle of the conversation to show someone a picture of a cat or something...I was just always taught it was very rude. 

I've thought of another pet peeve. You know when you're at a petrol/gas station and people queue for a whole line of pumps (eg waiting for pumps 1, 2 and 3 to become free) rather than an individual pump to become free, this holds up so much traffic as the person at pump 2 could be done before the person at pumps 1 and 3. Like there's a huge amount of space in between each line of pumps for a reason.