Gift, Egg, and Event locke. Stuck in Shelly's gym.

Yujin

I am stuck on Shelly in my nuzlocke and only use the pokemon that I get from Eggs, as a gift in trades, or in events like using pokesnax. I am having a difficult time beating Shelly even when I change my line up and use a fire type like Arcanine to try and change the field, but that Masquerain keeps out-speeding me and using rain dance.

Hi! Do you have a prankster user? If not, I'd suggest trying to take out Illumise first so the rain can't be set up. If you could get a Prankster Murkrow to beat Illumise maybe or something with fake out if the former isn't possible? Anything to stop the illumise in it's tracks so the Arcanine can take damage on Masquerain is going to be key here. 

Ok, thank you. I will take a look at the Pokemon that I can use and see which ones can use the ability prankster, or learn fake out.

Edit: I now just found a level 4 Espurr in my box with the hidden ability for it, just got to raise it now.

Edited by Yujin