Making the player control an actor midgame

Faith

Hi! I've run into an issue while trying to work on my game on RPG maker XP.

So I want the person playing the game to control one of the 'actors' in the game for a short sort of scene kind of like they did in rejuvenation multiple times. I have tried changing the graphics of the player but it doesn't seem to be working. I've also tried changing party member? I don't know what to do here. Can anyone help me out?

7 hours ago, Faith said:

Hi! I've run into an issue while trying to work on my game on RPG maker XP.

So I want the person playing the game to control one of the 'actors' in the game for a short sort of scene kind of like they did in rejuvenation multiple times. I have tried changing the graphics of the player but it doesn't seem to be working. I've also tried changing party member? I don't know what to do here. Can anyone help me out?

Changing the players graphic can be a little tricky sometimes. Generally it is done through the script pbChangePlayer(X) where X is a number between 0 and 7. By default in pokemon essentials the number 0 is used for the male character and the number 1 is for the female one. All the information about their graphics is in your PBS files->metadata. You can define ut to other 6 characters there for you to use. Once you add their info and create their graphics you can just call pbChangePlayer(X) with the appropriate number so as to turn to that character. I don't know if there is a way to add more playable characters than 8 to the game... I hope they suffice for your game.

For more info check out this -> http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Player

Hope this helped 🙂

6 hours ago, groniack said:

Changing the players graphic can be a little tricky sometimes. Generally it is done through the script pbChangePlayer(X) where X is a number between 0 and 7. By default in pokemon essentials the number 0 is used for the male character and the number 1 is for the female one. All the information about their graphics is in your PBS files->metadata. You can define ut to other 6 characters there for you to use. Once you add their info and create their graphics you can just call pbChangePlayer(X) with the appropriate number so as to turn to that character. I don't know if there is a way to add more playable characters than 8 to the game... I hope they suffice for your game.

For more info check out this -> http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Player

Hope this helped 🙂

Yesss! Thank you so much!