E18 Help needed

Artchi

Spoiler

Could someone help me with the glass factory battle? I am having some major problems with the whole thing, especially with not being able to heal the team after battling ???? the first time... It's starting to get really frustrating after spending 3 days trying to complete the fight.

Currently my team consists of Talonflame, Krookodile, Gardevoir, Vanilluxe, Metagross and Hydreigon. I am able to defeat Shelly and Cain with ease, but the trouble comes with the ??? team. I am able to kill the first team, but the second coming destroys me completely. On my last run I only had Vannilluxe alive....

For future reference, you can use the spoiler button (the eye icon). Maybe that tip should be added in the spoiler lock info.

Anyhow, can you post your team, levels and held items included? Makes giving specific advice much easier.

Spoiler

Generally you should aim to keep as many of your mons alive as possible, since K.O'ed mons don't get healed after the second battle. If you have to, stock up on supplies like Revives/Cotton Candies and Ultra Potions.

1 minute ago, Zargerth said:

For future reference, you can use the spoiler button (the eye icon). Maybe that tip should be added in the spoiler lock info.

Anyhow, can you post your team, levels and held items included? Makes giving specific advice much easier.

Hide contents

Generally you should aim to keep as many of your mons alive as possible, since K.O'ed mons don't get healed after the second battle. If you have to, stock up on supplies like Revives/Cotton Candies and Ultra Potions.

Spoiler

Oh I only realised now that the mons left alive will be healed, ty for that! 

Talonflame 82 no item, flare blitz, tailwind, steel wing, acrobatics

Krookodile 89 earth plate, foul play, power-up punch, Earthquake, Outrage

Gardevoir 89 wise glasses, stored power, calm mind, moonblast, focus blast

Vanilluxe 89 icicle plate, blizzard, water pulse, freeze-dry, flash cannon

Metagross 89 no item, aqility, hammer arm, zen headbutt, meteor mash

Hydreigon 77 (but growing) exp share, flash cannon, dragon pulse, flamethrower, dark pulse

Spoiler

I'd recommend teaching one of your mons Rain Dance/Sunny Day or bringing something that autosets  weather (that isn't hail ). The second ??? battle uses an Aurora Veil team and it's a massive pain to deal with if you don't get rid of it.

13 minutes ago, Artchi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oh I only realised now that the mons left alive will be healed, ty for that! 

Talonflame 82 no item, flare blitz, tailwind, steel wing, acrobatics

Krookodile 89 earth plate, foul play, power-up punch, Earthquake, Outrage

Gardevoir 89 wise glasses, stored power, calm mind, moonblast, focus blast

Vanilluxe 89 icicle plate, blizzard, water pulse, freeze-dry, flash cannon

Metagross 89 no item, aqility, hammer arm, zen headbutt, meteor mash

Hydreigon 77 (but growing) exp share, flash cannon, dragon pulse, flamethrower, dark pulse

Spoiler

You have Tailwind on Talonflame, which is good. Does your Talonflame have Gale Wings? If not, use Ability Capsules: Gale Wings + Tailwind is literally a lifesaver.

I'd also recommend using Dazzling Gleam on Gardevoir: it gets boosted on broken Factory (Short-Circuit) field. I also prefer Bullet Punch (and maybe Brick Break) on Metagross over Hammer Arm and Agility.

Basically you might want to lead with Talonflame + Krookodile, set Tailwind up and spam Earthquake. If your Krookodile has Moxie, all the better. The Weavile in the second battle is nasty: it hits hard and holds Focus Sash. If you can, try dealing some damage on it with Vanilluxe (during Tailwind) and then pick it off with Metagross' Bullet Punch.

The third battle is doubles again with A-Ninetales attempting to set up Aurora Veil. Do not let that happen: defeat it before it gets to move or break the Veil down with Brick Break.

24 minutes ago, Artchi said:

Ty everyone for your help, I was able to beat it! 

Reveal hidden contents

Now I just have to figure out how Solaris' excadrill can outspeed all of my mons with tailwind effect on...

Spoiler

Sand Rush most likely. Have Krookodile intimidate it or let it hold Air Balloon so that Excadrill can't use Earthquake immediately.

3 hours ago, Zargerth said:
  Hide contents

Sand Rush most likely. Have Krookodile intimidate it or let it hold Air Balloon so that Excadrill can't use Earthquake immediately.

Spoiler

Beware,though.He has a tyranitar and Mega Garchomp after you defeat his Excadrill.M-Garchop gets a boost in by his ability Sand Force due to Tyranitar's Sand stream

Spoiler

I was able to lure excadrill out before Tyranitar thus making the ability useless, and luckily Talonflame with gale wings + tailwind helped my Vanilluxe to ohko mega Garchomp with blizzard

Thnx for help again everyone!