Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Is Cubone in the Wastland?

Nue

Question

I just got to the wasteland and planned on getting a Cubone since I want Alolan Marowak on my team and I have switched to night time but all I keep getting are Koffing and Weezings for almost an hour. Have they been moved or are they just in a certain area of the Wasteland? It is currently raining in my game if that effects they're encounter rate.

18 answers to this question

On 8/16/2018 at 10:30 AM, mrdynamo1211 said:

im not sure but i found him (clear weather) at night in the grass in the wastelands.. also you can get him in glitch city im pretty sure i saw someone mention that

I may wait for it to stop raining before trying again. Messing with the time makes some of my other online games mess up for some reason. When is Glitch City? I'd rather get Marowak early.

1 minute ago, Nue said:

I may wait for it to stop raining before trying again. Messing with the time makes some of my other online games mess up for some reason. When is Glitch City? I'd rather get Marowak early.

i dont wanna spoil it for you but its 

Spoiler

Terra's Gym Arena? IDK what to call it yea its later on considering shes the 12 or 13 badge you get..

On 8/16/2018 at 10:41 AM, mrdynamo1211 said:

i dont wanna spoil it for you but its 

Hide contents

Terra's Gym Arena? IDK what to call it yea its later on considering shes the 12 or 13 badge you get..

Ya I'd rather get it now then wait till my 12th or 13th gym badge. I need a Fire type and the ghost typing is an added bonus.

Just now, Alistair said:

Cubone is found in the purple grass patches all over the Wasteland. I don't think there's a specific weather or time requirement. It's a rare encounter however; finding one can take a while.

I was thinking the unground where you find the cute cell Pokemon across where you fight the venipede that always seems to be a step off for the encounter near the beginning. Thought you could get in there with the nidorans

24 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

I was thinking the unground where you find the cute cell Pokemon across where you fight the venipede that always seems to be a step off for the encounter near the beginning. Thought you could get in there with the nidorans

Fell off one of sides while running around but I'll go back and check.

21 minutes ago, Alistair said:

That's not necessary for Cubone. They're just in the plain tall grass outside.

Oh thx. May end up catching on of the buggers then breed off my ditto for an Adamant one. Will look the club though.

Just now, Nue said:

Oh thx. May end up catching on of the buggers then breed off my ditto for an Adamant one. Will look the club though.

If I'm correct Cubone still carries the club you could use the compound eye trick to try and make one more likely to appear

Yep, Cubone carries the thicc club. But that's also a rare item... on a pokémon that is rare itself. So the chances to find it are pretty slim, and it is to my knowledge still unavailable otherwise. I discussed it with Ame the other day and we agreed that adding the club to a vendor later in the game would probably be a good idea.

As a warning, Cubone also knows Fling at that point, so even if you find one with a club there's a 25% chance it will decide to throw it at you thus permanently losing it. Definitely, totally not speaking from experience at all, nope

Thx Starry Knight for giving me a Cubone now to hunt down its Club, hopefuly these Dusk Balls will help with the Fling.

How is it the moment I finally get one they start spawning like crazy? Oh the level 30s don't know the move but still didn't encounter one with club. Going to breed the one I got so it doesn't go over level cap too much.

Edited by Nue
update