Help with Episode 18 Major Battle (spoilers)

mrdynamo1211

Spoiler

i just cannot defeat the pulse hypno battles, i barely got through the first double battle and then i got swept by mismagius.. 

i usually start with my alolan ninetaels and delphox, one sets up the veil and the other kills the ribombee after it gets the sticky web off (i rly wish there was some way to killl the ribombee before it can set up the web cuz it sccrews the team badly) i stall out again to kill the next bug type pokemon but the a marowak gets my alolan ninetales with 3 rock slides, i sen dout my golem to get rid of more bug type pokemon and alternate between healing one or the other.. after that even if i try to set up with my sharpedos speed boost its so hard for me to do anything cuz imslow due to the sticky web.. the one time i got to the second single battle was through a couple missed rock slides.. no stone edges missed from my golem and a bit of rng.

in the second battle i have absolutely nothing to deal with the mismagius because it all my fast pokemon are special offensive and she has a rly high spD. so yea.. any help would be nice!!

My team

Delphox flamethrower fire blast psychic and trick room holding a charcoal

Mega sharpedo surf waterfall crunch dive

leavanny xscissor leaf blade shadow claw sd holding a miracle seed

golem eq stone edge strength rock smash holding lefties

alolan ninetales blizzard aveil dazzling gleam and nasty plot holding an ice boosting item

magnezone discharge flash cannon gyro ball tri attack (rly need to edit his moveset are there any good moves for him?) holding a chocie specs

im open to the idea of training a new pokemon and id prefer if he was physical cuz then ev training is easy through route 1 tauros

if you wanna ask anything feel free

You can save in between dialogues, just spam the D button until the save window pops out.

Spoiler

As for the double battle, you can try and focus down on one of the trainers first. After one of them is down, you can have a 2v1 advantage and it would make it easier on you.
Would recommend you to get ultra potions and revives for later.
From my experience, Mismagius first hit is a pain cause when its focused its pretty much a guaranteed critical hit, hence I just throw a low HP pokemon to tank the hit (or if you have any fast pokemon, kill it before it even hits). 

1 minute ago, 「J」 said:

You can save in between dialogues, just spam the D button until the save window pops out.

Hide contents

As for the double battle, you can try and focus down on one of the trainers first. After one of them is down, you can have a 2v1 advantage and it would make it easier on you.
Would recommend you to get ultra potions and revives for later.
From my experience, Mismagius first hit is a pain cause when its focused its pretty much a guaranteed critical hit, hence I just throw a low HP pokemon to tank the hit (or if you have any fast pokemon, kill it before it even hits). 

lol ive only won the first battle once and i derped out xD forgot to save xdddddd

Spoiler

only delphox outspeeds and idk what a delphox can do vs mismagius msharpedo has a speed tie but the first time he won the tie so a thundervolt insta killed me and he wrecked most of my team regarding that they were slow.. im thinking tho and that setting up a trick room wouldnt be too bad tbh.. does anyone know where i could get all the information of the battles because reborn wikia hasnt updated yet?

2 minutes ago, mrdynamo1211 said:

lol ive only won the first battle once and i derped out xD forgot to save xdddddd

Hide contents

only delphox outspeeds and idk what a delphox can do vs mismagius msharpedo has a speed tie but the first time he won the tie so a thundervolt insta killed me and he wrecked most of my team regarding that they were slow.. im thinking tho and that setting up a trick room wouldnt be too bad tbh.. does anyone know where i could get all the information of the battles because reborn wikia hasnt updated yet?

Spoiler

I don't think Reborn Wikia will update it until Spoiler Lock is down. I've fought it twice already but I don't really remember all the pokemons. Rock and fire moves would be good against Cain and also a few other pokemons later. Made it quite easy for me cause i had 2 fire pokemon and 2 stone edge users.

Spoiler

You can go get the Thunderbolt TM for Magnezone, which is nice since it doesn't hit allies in double battles, is slightly more powerful, and doesn't change the factory field which you may or may not want. It might be worth keeping both it and Discharge since 'Zone doesn't exactly get four moves it really wants anyway. Regardless, mine was able to sweep the second fight under Trick Room with Flash Cannon after I had a fighting type eliminate Weavile and I didn't even have specs for it. You'll need something bulkier than Delphox to set it up though.

I would try to get Sharpedo coverage moves--I usually have a random water type HM slave in my PC for when I need them. I totally understand how annoying it can be to mess around with that stuff, but since you're having trouble, trying to get it some coverage moves like Rock Tomb or Poison Jab can help. Ice Fang and Psychic Fangs are both good but not for this fight in particular. Unfortunately there's no way to legally get it Protect at this time.

Main issue with the first fight is Shelly's bugs are quite fast. If you have a fast Rock, Flying, or Fire type (there's a ton of options here) and have something that will just keep Cain off your back for a bit you can take down Shelly's mons and clean up. Aurora Veil will really help with that and it might be worth giving alolatales a light clay just to make it last longer

Spoiler

This isn't a great fix since it would involve a different mon, but you could try to get tailwind set up, that would help you with speed. I like Noivern for setting up tailwind, because it's pretty dang fast itself, so usually doesn't get hit before getting tailwind up. Or you could use Talonflame if you prefer, and it's slightly faster.

Spoiler

Want a drilbur?  I cheesed this battle with two excadrills, one spamming earthquake and the other holding an air balloon and spamming rock slide. I think I could breed up a decent one p quickly, and I don't need anything in return

2 minutes ago, Paperblade said:
  Hide contents

You can go get the Thunderbolt TM for Magnezone, which is nice since it doesn't hit allies in double battles, is slightly more powerful, and doesn't change the factory field which you may or may not want. It might be worth keeping both it and Discharge since 'Zone doesn't exactly get four moves it really wants anyway. Regardless, mine was able to sweep the second fight under Trick Room with Flash Cannon after I had a fighting type eliminate Weavile and I didn't even have specs for it. You'll need something bulkier than Delphox to set it up though.

I would try to get Sharpedo coverage moves--I usually have a random water type HM slave in my PC for when I need them. I totally understand how annoying it can be to mess around with that stuff, but since you're having trouble, trying to get it some coverage moves like Rock Tomb or Poison Jab can help. Ice Fang and Psychic Fangs are both good but not for this fight in particular. Unfortunately there's no way to legally get it Protect at this time.

Main issue with the first fight is Shelly's bugs are quite fast. If you have a fast Rock, Flying, or Fire type (there's a ton of options here) and have something that will just keep Cain off your back for a bit you can take down Shelly's mons and clean up. Aurora Veil will really help with that.

wowowow thanks for that holy but my sharpedo gets oneshot before it can use even its regular stab moves and i dont feel like i lack coverage tbh cuz unless sharpedo can hit a stab super effective move i wont bring him out at all. secondly i feel lik i dont have a flying type (considering a noivern idk i have him decetnly leveled up) for the tialwind too.. 

5 minutes ago, Xanthous said:

Hide contents

Want a drilbur?  I cheesed this battle with two excadrills, one spamming earthquake and the other holding an air balloon and spamming rock slide. I think I could breed up a decent one p quickly, and I don't need anything in return

it would be amazing but you would probably hate me for the living life cuz i dont know how to trade or accept pokemon on my own a whole new learning process for me xD

wouldnt mind.. xD 

(fuck i love this community so much)

Edit: does anyone know what the evs and ivs pokemon have in battles like these i wanna see if i can outspeed a ribombee if i get a speed up attack down nature with higher evs etc..

Edited by mrdynamo1211

Spoiler

No worries if this mon isn't a good fit for your team and you want to try something else. It took me literally five minutes to hatch him. Best of luck. RIP AND TEAR

fayereborn_004_11082018_051856.png.3e1b9357082eb5bf61d35b199b41b13e.png

EDIT: Grand Hall is best for leveling, esp if you set your clock to Monday (kids there with squirtle/wartortle/blastoise/mega blastoise). A very good Attack/Speed ev map is the alley in lower peridot. espurr/meowsticStunky/eletrike/manetric = speed evs, while poochyena/mightyena/zangoose = attack evs

If i didn't have to go to the dentist in half an hour i'd have done him up right and ev trained him/leveled him up! So either grand hall grind/ev in that alley, or wait like two hours and i'll do it

Edited by Xanthous

12 minutes ago, Xanthous said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No worries if this mon isn't a good fit for your team and you want to try something else. It took me literally five minutes to hatch him. Best of luck. RIP AND TEAR

fayereborn_004_11082018_051856.png.3e1b9357082eb5bf61d35b199b41b13e.png

EDIT: Grand Hall is best for leveling, esp if you set your clock to Monday (kids there with squirtle/wartortle/blastoise/mega blastoise). A very good Attack/Speed ev map is the alley in lower peridot. espurr/meowsticStunky/eletrike/manetric = speed evs, while poochyena/mightyena/zangoose = attack evs

If i didn't have to go to the dentist in half an hour i'd have done him up right and ev trained him/leveled him up! So either grand hall grind/ev in that alley, or wait like two hours and i'll do it

sure and then can i trade a noivern to you just so it gets the boosted xp? ill ask for it back and then i canlevel it up easier

Edited by mrdynamo1211