Fate Comes Not Without A Sense of Irony

TwilightCoda

Hey, everyone. I looked around on the forums for a topic like this, but couldn’t find one. So, here goes:

What exactly is Lin’s plan? 

She mysterious.

Cool.

She’s extremely powerful.

Cool.

She’s always three steps ahead of us.

Cool.

But what exactly is at stake? From what she’s said in previous interactions, it doesn’t seem like the world would be destroyed, or that people who are currently it would cease to exist if she wins and creates the “New World”. It seems like most of the desire to stop her comes from things she’s done in the past to our allies, rather than from a desire to stop her from creating the future that she wants.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and theories!

@sdddf4 The same idea crossed my mind, but I don't see why that would be her motive. An even more likely scenario is that she wants to create a world where she can make everyone play with her forever (as per other theories about her). I don't like this thought either, because it's such a radical departure from the otherwise intense and tragic tone that the game has displayed so far.

Spoiler

What I'd guess is that she just wants power, since a lot of her dialogue points towards that. (At least from my understanding...)

(I'm not 100% sure wether I'd need to put that in a spoiler, but just to be safe I did.)

Edited by TheTGU

Spoiler

I have this vague recollection from Terras Glitch world diary (that should be Lins), and from earlier dialogue from what we can assume is the child Lin when you leave Citae Arc-d'Astrae of her wanting to open the Citae Aerie door and wake up Arceus.

Add to that the knowledge that we know team Meteor is developing a techno heresy in Pulse Arceus and their goal is to "create a new world", we can assume that the old world needs to die in some fashion mostly via Pulse Judgement.

In short we're probably trying to prevent Lin from launching an Exterminatus and then shaping the world as she sees fit.