Radon

1 minute ago, GriffinO1 said:

I don’t remember seeing that dialogue.

Spoiler

Its Taka as you are on the Reshiram Path. An alternate path in the game. If you refuse to fight him at a certain place I forgot (someplace you teamed up with Titania to save Amy at.) then this is the result as well as other things besides this.

4 minutes ago, Radon said:
  Hide contents

Its Taka as you are on the Reshiram Path. An alternate path in the game. If you refuse to fight him at a certain place I forgot (someplace you teamed up with Titania to save Amy at.) then this is the result as well as other things besides this.

[/spoiler]

No wonder I didn’t see that, I took the Zekrom route. How do I do the spoilers thing. 

Edited by GriffinO1

8 minutes ago, Radon said:

Considering its the Reshiram Path, I guess its the "true" path or you just find more truth in things there really. lol

Spoiler

Spoilering just in case.

Hope not. Hate it when games make "right choices." Feels like I'm being punished for wanting a character to live. But character death usually means that the writer has no further need for them anyway so they'll be discarded eitherway. Also making different paths uses up more dev time and making content that another player will never experience can be counter productive OR give reason to play the game again. 

Taka dying is the difference in if I tolerate Titanias BS or if I want her latched on a cross.

3 minutes ago, Mudcrab said:
  Hide contents

Spoilering just in case.

Hope not. Hate it when games make "right choices." Feels like I'm being punished for wanting a character to live. But character death usually means that the writer has no further need for them anyway so they'll be discarded eitherway. Also making different paths uses up more dev time and making content that another player will never experience can be counter productive OR give reason to play the game again. 

Taka dying is the difference in if I tolerate Titanias BS or if I want her latched on a cross.

Spoiler

I agree.

Though at times I wish it was abit longer. I mean if I have to wait like 5 months or more just for excellent story content, I certainly. The dev can take all the time in the world.

15 minutes ago, Radon said:
  Hide contents

I agree.

Though at times I wish it was abit longer. I mean if I have to wait like 5 months or more just for excellent story content, I certainly. The dev can take all the time in the world.

Spoiler

Multi path content is wide content so it's consumed fast. It expects the player to either be content experiencing it once and then either playing it again or talking about it with others / youtubing it.

I'm playing for the battles. They feel like puzzles and managing to win through dumb strats like setting the field on fire and tanking until victory or putting a Balloon on an Aggron is what keeps me interested.

The story makes me roll my eyes a lot. There's some things I like though. Taka, Shelly, the Void trip, Solaris, Aster and Eclipse, Anna, Noel, Charlotte and Saphira. That is actually rather little but I'm still along for the ride. Ame is great at writing characters you want to hate though, like Bennet.

13 minutes ago, Mudcrab said:
  Hide contents

Multi path content is wide content so it's consumed fast. It expects the player to either be content experiencing it once and then either playing it again or talking about it with others / youtubing it.

I'm playing for the battles. They feel like puzzles and managing to win through dumb strats like setting the field on fire and tanking until victory or putting a Balloon on an Aggron is what keeps me interested.

The story makes me roll my eyes a lot. There's some things I like though. Taka, Shelly, the Void trip, Solaris, Aster and Eclipse, Anna, Noel, Charlotte and Saphira. That is actually rather little but I'm still along for the ride. Ame is great at writing characters you want to hate though, like Bennet.

Oh yeah, same here. I'm also into the battles as much as the stories. I don't bother EV training neither because it makes it slightly more challenging. You can simply catch Pokemon with good ivs or choose to work with what you have.

7 minutes ago, Radon said:

Oh yeah, same here. I'm also into the battles as much as the stories. I don't bother EV training neither because it makes it slightly more challenging. You can simply catch Pokemon with good ivs or choose to work with what you have.

I'm a relative newbie to the whole IV/EV business so of course I had to try it. It's pretty amazing what a mega Lopunny who is max EV on atk and speed can do. Aegislash maxed out can demolish entire fights by itself.

Spoiler

I got through the whole three in a row battle by using that Aegislash in different ways. Wiped the first double battle with her and Lilligant dropping another Pokemon into a sleep, then stalled with it on the Honch when the dark trainer attacked and after that she leveled to 91 so I couldn't make it attack in the third fight. So I used it as a dmg sponge and item user while Machamp, Aggron and others did the dmg.

Beating those fights gave me that rush of endorphins that I get from doing something I feel like I shouldn't have gotten away with. Love it. But yeah Reborn doesn't need EVs or IVs but it helps if you're a klutz like me.

1 minute ago, Mudcrab said:

I'm a relative newbie to the whole IV/EV business so of course I had to try it. It's pretty amazing what a mega Lopunny who is max EV on atk and speed can do. Aegislash maxed out can demolish entire fights by itself.

Spoiler

Reasons why Titania runs around with that thing alone lol.

Spoiler

I got through the whole three in a row battle by using that Aegislash in different ways. Wiped the first double battle with her and Lilligant dropping another Pokemon into a sleep, then stalled with it on the Honch when the dark trainer attacked and after that she leveled to 91 so I couldn't make it attack in the third fight. So I used it as a dmg sponge and item user while Machamp, Aggron and other did the dmg.

Beating those fights gave me that rush of endorphins that I get from doing something I feel like I shouldn't have gotten away with. Love it. But yeah Reborn doesn't need EVs or IVs but it helps if you're a klutz like me.

I got passed the first one cuz of Aurora veil usage along side type advantages. Then the next one was abit sketchy but the Weavile imo was my only issue surprisingly. Afterwards I just swept with Blaziken crit spamming for days. The same went for the next double battle afterwards where I had locked Clefable into Thunderwave by using full heal constantly on my Blaziken while knocking out opposing ice types. Then sweeping the rest of the fairies after having max speed boost. But yeah it made me very nervous. The first time I saw it I was wondering when it would end. lol